Author Topic: Black Powder muzzel loader pistol  (Read 866 times)

Offline Macthediver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Black Powder muzzel loader pistol
« on: June 02, 2013, 04:28:44 AM »
I know this probably belongs on a different board. But you guys helped me so much with my ball gun I figure you have some some ideas on this question.
A freind was given a black powder front loader by his brother. It is a 50 cal single gun marked.Kahnke Gun Works
Redwood Falls, MN
model 82  50 Cal.
He want's to shoot this gun but is not sure what size powder charge or type ball to use. I haven't tried googling the gun yet figuring you guys here probably know. Get me started quicker than digging threw tons of BS I would google.

Mac
"Never Forget Which Way Is Up!"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Black Powder muzzel loader pistol
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:39:23 AM »
Check with the mfr.  ;) There's a load in bigbore442001's blog link, might PM him, he may have factory load data he can scan and send ya.

Tim

http://kahnkegunworks.net/contact.php

You want a good muzzleloading handgun designed for hunting? Look at the Kahnke M82 handgun. I own one with three barrels. It is inherently accurate and well balanced. I have a story on my blog about this particular handgun if you want to read about it. I love the gun but I do wish that my home state( the People's Republic of Massachusetts) would allow it for deer hunting. Unfortunately I have to use it out of state for deer. Ironically, I can shoot small game, varmints and upland birds with it but not deer. Did I tell you that Massachusetts is a bundle of contradiction?

http://bigbore442001.blogspot.com/2009/04/black-powder-handgun-hunting.html
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Fingers McGee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Re: Black Powder muzzel loader pistol
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 06:25:37 AM »
.490 rb, .010 prelubed patch, 30 gr fffg is a good starting point. 
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee
Man of many Colt's and alter ego of Diabolical Ken
SASS Regulator 28654-L-TG, Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire
Pistoleer/Frontiersman, Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers; Moniteau Creek River Raiders, The Ozark's Posse, Butterfield Trail Cowboys
NRA Endowment Life: NMLRA, GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-115; STORM 327, LASOOS 144, SBSS735

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be."  Ambrose Bierce