Author Topic: Nickel Plated Receiver  (Read 454 times)

Offline fragdemon

• Trade Count: (0)
Nickel Plated Receiver
« on: June 14, 2013, 02:34:07 AM »
Hey Guys,
Does anyone know if the nickel plated receiver from a 20ga Tamer the same as the nickel plated receiver on a Topper Deluxe Classic and the Topper Trap Gun?  I'm assuming that all of the are the same SB-1 frame.

My reason for asking, is that I recently sent in a 20ga receiver from a Tamer to turn it into either the Topper Trap (since it has been discontinued) or the Topper Deluxe Classic if the stock and forend were not available from the Topper Trap.  During the process I was contacted and informed that the stock and forend from the Topper Trap and the Deluxe Classic would not fit.  So I advised them to put on whatever would fit, but I really wanted the checkered stock and forend from either model.  Anyone else run into this issue?  I received my gun back yesterday and it has the ordinary "pallet wood" stock and forend.  The forend even has a sling swivel installed but does not have one on the stock. 

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Nickel Plated Receiver
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 04:20:20 AM »
TDC stocks work fine on SB1(Tamer is an SB1) and SB2 frames, I have a few on SB2 rifles, very surprised they had a TDC barrel since they were discontinued too.   :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline fragdemon

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 06:32:58 AM »
Yeah I was happy they still had the vented rib barrel in stock.  Just wished I could have gotten the stock and forend to go with it.  I just dont understand why they said it wouldn't fit.  I found that to be odd.   

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 06:42:26 AM »
Unfortunately it's not unusual to get misinformation from Madison CS.  :-\

Tim

Offline fragdemon

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 07:35:00 AM »
Here's a quick photo

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 07:59:52 AM »
Lookin good.  ;) If you want a TDC stock set, put an ad in the H&R WTB forum, someone might have one to part with. FWIW, mine isn't in TDC wood either, it's my turkey gun, have sights mounted on the rib and a barrel band sling hanger.  ;D

Tim