Author Topic: ELMER KEITH BOOK . HELL I HAVE DOE THAT  (Read 615 times)

Offline theratdog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
ELMER KEITH BOOK . HELL I HAVE DOE THAT
« on: June 15, 2013, 12:57:33 AM »
i have been looking at  Elmer keith bullets and reading his articalles on bullet making does any boby know wher i can get his book [oh hell i have done that]. cheap or reasonable.

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: ELMER KEITH BOOK . HELL I HAVE DOE THAT
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 11:30:56 AM »
i have been looking at  Elmer keith bullets and reading his articalles on bullet making does any boby know wher i can get his book [oh hell i have done that]. cheap or reasonable.

If you're talking about Hell I Was There, there are many copies available from amazon and other places.  You're going to spend $75 or up for a used copy.  Mine's not for sale. ;D

Offline theratdog

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 03:08:05 PM »
thanks syco i will look. ;)

Offline shot1

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 05:29:29 AM »
Might go to your local library and see if they have it or see if they have an inter library loan program where they can get books from other libraries across the country that you can borrow. The name of the book is "Hell I was there." Another good book by Elmer Keith is "Six Guns."

Offline wncchester

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 08:16:31 AM »
Keith was unique, a gunning diamond in the rough, and he's unlikely to ever be equaled.   I didn't know him but I have a friend who did and he respected Keith, a lot.  Elmer wasn't a college boy writer who played with guns and hunted a little, he was a smart shooter/hunter who wrote a little ... and he did it all very well.  He was never a wealthy man but had quite a few costly guns, most were gifts or awards.  I wish his books had brought him and his wife what they sell for today.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue