Author Topic: W VA teen facing year in jail over NRA t shirt.  (Read 1526 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
W VA teen facing year in jail over NRA t shirt.
« on: June 18, 2013, 02:55:33 AM »
 West Virginia teen now facing year in jail over NRA T-shirt  Published June 17, 2013
FoxNews.com   A West Virginia eighth-grader who was suspended from school for refusing to change his National Rifle Association T-shirt faces up to one year in jail and a $500 fine after being formally charged with obstructing an officer.
Jared Marcum, 14, appeared before a judge Monday and was hit with formal charges that carry a maximum $500 fine and up to a year in jail.  The Logan County Police Department initially claimed that Marcum was arrested April 18 for disturbing the education process and obstructing an officer. His father said that officers even went as far as threatening to charge Jared with making terror threats.
"In my view of the facts, Jared didn't do anything wrong," Ben White, Jared's attorney told WTRF.  "I think officer Adkins could have done something differently."
Arresting officer James Adkins claimed that Marcum’s refusal to talk obstructed his ability to do his job, while White argued that Adkins never made reference to any violent acts or threats in his petition.
A petition on Change.org calling for charges against the boy to be dropped had nearly 1,000 signatures by Monday afternoon. 
Click for more from WTRF

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/17/west-virginia-teen-arrested-for-nra-shirt-officially-charged/?test=latestnews#ixzz2WZWR2Oes
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: W VA teen facing year in jail over NRA t shirt.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 03:14:08 AM »

that's nothing... I once faced twenty years in prison for unknowingly irritating a flight attendant

See? Rev Wright, was Right...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline wolverine_1

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 04:04:02 AM »
It's about power.  If you don't knuckle under to my power, you must be a terrorist and certainly an "evil doer".  Therefore you should be in jail where we can control your evil tendencies.
Gene

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 04:41:35 AM »
Wonder which part of "it's illegal" he didn't understand? Hopefully the ACLU will come to his defense.

Offline Val

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 06:06:01 AM »
Do you really think the ACLU will defend a right wing radical?
Hunting and fishing are not matters of life or death. They are much more important than that.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 06:17:41 AM »
Do you really think the ACLU will defend a right wing radical?
Maybe, maybe not. They're concerned with civil rights.

Good organization, very valuable in this day & age!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline FPH

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 06:22:37 AM »
Kid should have said I want an attorney........I would not have talked either.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 06:51:54 AM »
The ACLU is more left, than the left, and very selective in picking cases. If I were the kid I would not stay up late waitin on them to show up. If he had shown up with something vulgar on his t-shirt like I see in Walmart, nothing would have happened.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline FPH

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 06:54:53 AM »
Dee, you are more qualified to answer this question.  Am I required to speak with a Officer?  Maybe I need to change my thinking.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 06:57:29 AM »
The ACLU is more left, than the left, and very selective in picking cases. If I were the kid I would not stay up late waitin on them to show up. If he had shown up with something vulgar on his t-shirt like I see in Walmart, nothing would have happened.
I am sure if he had a picture on his t shirt of a handgun at the head of Regan, Bush 41 or Bush 43 nothing would bave been said.  But that is allowed freedom of speach and the wearing of a NRA tee shirt is not. 
I wonder if the kid is aquitted if they will go after the School officials, and the police officer for violations of his civil rights of free speach, or that of his parents since he is a minor.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 07:01:59 AM »
Dee, you are more qualified to answer this question.  Am I required to speak with a Officer?  Maybe I need to change my thinking.

Identifying yourself is one thing. Giving evidence against yourself is another. In that regard you don't really have to answer questions regarding the case against you and can request an attorney. This whole thing smacks of something else, and I'm wonderin if there's more to it. If not, then the teacher made a big deal about almost nothing. We're now livin in a world that much of the time, makes very little sense. There are a lot of people now that are very liberal, but don't understand the consequences of their own thinking. They think that everyone is gonna know when to reel in the liberalism, but like anything else, it is being taken to an all time extreme.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline FPH

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 07:05:28 AM »
OK, thanks..

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 07:38:53 AM »
OK, thanks..
But be careful about engaging them in small talk... if they ask in a friendly, aw-shucks manner if they can look into your car - you don't mind if I take a look? - say 'no, I'm consenting to any searches' and don't talk to them any further, because they're fishing and are out to screw you if they can. It's none of their business where you're going, where you've been, and what you've got in your car.

Offline FPH

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 07:43:08 AM »
Oh, I'm all about being quite and requiring search warrants.  I've seen too many abuses.  Fortunately, not of me.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 11:30:10 AM »
Refusing to talk is a crime? What happened to the part in the Miranda rights where it is stated that you have the right to remain silent?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline powderman

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 11:49:05 AM »
I have NO USE for the A nti  C hristian  L iars  U nion. Pure scum. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline RPRNY

• A Real Regular
Re: Re: W VA teen facing year in jail over NRA t shirt.
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 01:08:48 PM »

that's nothing... I once faced twenty years in prison for unknowingly irritating a flight attendant

And yet I have no recourse for your repetitive and intentional irritation. Is there no justice?!     ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments.  ;) [/spoof]

Offline spruce

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 02:16:13 PM »
This whole thing stinks!

According to the kid's attorney he had already been to 4 or 5 classes before he ran into the jerk teacher who ordered him to change his shirt - the previous teachers had no problem with it and apparently didn't think it violated any school dress code.

He also said that a couple days after this incident that a couple hundred kids wore an identical shirt to school.  If it was a violation of the dress code why weren't they punished?

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 03:39:56 PM »
And yet I have no recourse for your repetitive and intentional irritation. Is there no justice?!     ;)
What kind of justice do you want? Are you irritated? Why?

You're no threat to me. The state was. Scoundrels.

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 03:42:31 PM »
Was that rash communicable?

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 07:32:48 AM »
Was that rash communicable?
Prolly so, but not over the web...

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 07:50:12 AM »
No free speech for conservative whites.  Here in California, and in other western states, white children have been punished for displaying the American flag on school grounds because it offended the Mexicans.

This latest example of the kid with the NRA shirt is merely the most recent attack on white conservative free speech.  We have got to rally and support white children who are oppressed in this manner or whites will be (correctly) perceived as easy targets and there will be more of this kind of thing.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 08:34:07 AM »
I NO STINKING  EASY TARGET MAN..........
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 05:50:57 AM »
What kind of justice do you want? Are you irritated? Why?

You're no threat to me. The state was. Scoundrels.
Let me see if I get this right. 
You complain about the police over reaching thier powers but are Ok with government telling you how to live and what to do?  You need to grow up a little and understand that an intrusive police force comes with big government.  they are not mutially exclusive.
Cause and effect.   Big government is the casue and the effect is you have fewer and fewer rights. 

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2013, 09:58:09 AM »
Let me see if I get this right. 
alright...
You complain about the police over reaching thier powers but are Ok with government telling you how to live and what to do?
I'm not sure if you're posing a question or making an assertion... but that's not my position, stated or otherwise. 
You need to grow up a little
'grow up'?
... and understand that an intrusive police force comes with big government.
you think you're persuasive when you're patronizing, don't you? 
they are not mutially exclusive.
that's mutually
Big government is the casue and the effect is you have fewer and fewer rights.
alright, I'll go along with that... but what's your point, here?

Offline powderman

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 10:24:57 AM »
MCCWOODDUCK. Don't bite friend. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 11:14:26 AM »
MCCWOODDUCK. Don't bite friend. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
You ought to spell out what you mean, Friend Powderman. Brother.

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 08:38:02 PM »
Don't worry, these are the same gullible leftists that believe "global warming" and "climate change" are the same thing with the same cause. Don't lower yourself to the short bus level. Lets hope it is just gullibility and not some form of idiot savant angle. I don't care if you are in school no teacher has the right to tell me to change clothes.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline Soilman

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2013, 02:27:15 AM »
As I stated on another forum, after reading several articles on this, it became quite clear that the student did absolutely NOTHING wrong.  He was charged with "nearly inciting a riot".  However, reports state that the boy remained calm and collected, but firm in his right to wear the shirt.  It was the TEACHER that raised her voice and caught the attention of the other students in the lunchroom, which launched crowd support for the boy.  The student had been wearing the shirt nearly all day without incedent until the TEACHER made an issue out of it.  One article even stated that when the officer arrived and told the boy he was going to be arrested, the boy held his hands out and said, "OK".
The articles stated that "he wouldn't stop talking" which kept the officer from doing his job.  What????

If you read the schools policy on dress, it states absolutely NOTHING about and NRA shirt or a shirt depicting a hunting gun.  The policy states that an ADMINISTRATOR has the right to determine inappropriate attire.  The TEACHER is NOT an ADMINISTRATOR.  The TEACHER overstepped her authority as well as school dress code policy and it was the TEACHER who nearly incited the riot. 

If charges were brought against this teacher, and others like her, for disrupting the educational process, I bet all this "pop tart", "pencil pointing" "gun picture" crap would come to a quick STOP!

Offline powderman

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2013, 07:54:57 AM »
If charges were brought against this teacher, and others like her, for disrupting the educational process, I bet all this "pop tart", "pencil pointing" "gun picture" crap would come to a quick STOP!

SOILMAN. Good post Sir, I'd love to see it happen. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D