Author Topic: Calif. Hispanics Name Grade SChool After Convicted Murderer  (Read 1754 times)

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Calif. Hispanics Name Grade SChool After Convicted Murderer
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 05:23:35 AM »
Please name a white school named after a convicted murderer.

There is at least one John Brown elementary, as well as a college.  A quick google shows an elementary school in rural Idaho, probably going to be mostly white, but just a guess.  I don't worry about skin color as much as you, so you'll have to check the purity of the students to see if they pass your test. 

There, clear as day.  What do I win?

That's very informative.  I never heard of anything named after John Brown (except the song)  and he was indeed  a convicted murderer.

Maybe the Mexicans are on to something after all.

Offline -Shaggy-

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 06:39:12 AM »

"That's very informative.  I never heard of anything named after John Brown (except the song)  and he was indeed  a convicted murderer.

Maybe the Mexicans are on to something after all."

More than one man has been named John Brown, and those schools are not named after the murderer John Brown.

Offline lgm270

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2013, 07:59:50 AM »

"That's very informative.  I never heard of anything named after John Brown (except the song)  and he was indeed  a convicted murderer.

Maybe the Mexicans are on to something after all."

More than one man has been named John Brown, and those schools are not named after the murderer John Brown.

Thanks for pointing that out.  IT seemed kind of strange that anyone would name a school after John Brown.  He was certifiably insane and was a very brutal killer, notwithstanding that he did it for a "good cause." 

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2013, 04:00:54 PM »
Please name a white school named after a convicted murderer.

There is at least one John Brown elementary, as well as a college.  A quick google shows an elementary school in rural Idaho, probably going to be mostly white, but just a guess.  I don't worry about skin color as much as you, so you'll have to check the purity of the students to see if they pass your test. 

There, clear as day.  What do I win?
But are you sure it is the same John Brown that raided the Harpers Ferry Armory to start a slave revolt against slave holders?  Brown is a pretty common last name and John is real common first name.  Idaho is a strange place for a John Brown of Harpers Ferry fame to be named a school.  Are yo usure that the John Brown was not a founding father of Idaho or a prominate politician or some other John Brown?   
I guess it could be and why not name a school after someone that tried to start a revolution.  We have Partick Henry, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and even  Robert E Lee schools all were revolutionaries.  With Brown and Lee they were just ones that lost. 

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 06:26:35 PM »
may have been named for john brown,
the mormon elder and early west pioneer.
he was supposed to have made over a
dozen trips from the "states" to utah,
guiding mormans, carrying his .66 caliber
hawken rifle.

i don't think he robbed or wagon-jacked
anybody on the way.

18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline lgm270

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 06:16:12 AM »
Brown University (Rhode Island)   was named by its founder for his brother whose name was John Brown.