Author Topic: Did Jarhead Ed get fired?  (Read 2501 times)

Offline jaycocreek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Did Jarhead Ed get fired?
« on: February 23, 2004, 12:33:40 PM »
As a full time Marine Ed has obligations to protect and serve before internet chat and I want to know if he was fired and why.Some idiot couldn't wait to post it as a guest on another forum.I will reserve my responce untill I know for sure.Jayco.
I didn''t do it and whoever said I did is lieing!!

Offline Gunjunkie

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 12:42:26 PM »
His name is gone and all his post are also.. All I know
Gunjunkie

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Did Jarhead Ed get fired?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 12:43:08 PM »
Quote from: jaycocreek
As a full time Marine Ed has obligations to protect and serve before internet chat and I want to know if he was fired and why.Some idiot couldn't wait to post it as a guest on another forum.I will reserve my responce untill I know for sure.Jayco.
Dali Llama say he not know about aforementioned "firing," but he do know that some moderators from this forum be inappropriately disparaging Graybeard Outdoors and its posters on other forums. :evil:  :x  :x  :x  :evil:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Gunjunkie

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 12:52:33 PM »
Make sure GRAY BEARD SEES THIS...  YOU CAN DELETE MY ACCOUNT ALSO.. I SURE HAVE NO USE FOR SOMEONE THAT WOULD DISRESPECT A FULL TIME MILITARY PERSON,, OR MY FRIENDS..... SO REMOVE ME AND ALL MY POST TOO..  I WILL NOT RETURN..
Gunjunkie

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Did Jarhead Ed get fired?
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 12:54:09 PM »
Quote from: jaycocreek
Dali Llama say any such "firing," if indeed it did transpire, be privileged information between moderator and forum administrator, not for general public consumption. :D

Offline jaycocreek

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 01:00:21 PM »
His Avitar was of him with another Marine in Iraq protecting us as we speek.A full time Marine.What happened to SF to those that know.His opinion's should be taken as such from experience.I have been here along time and have never seen this kind of action.I am surpriced.Some of my post got deleted with his?What's up?

A long time member?Jayco.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 01:02:58 PM »
Quote from: Gunjunkie
Make sure GRAY BEARD SEES THIS...  YOU CAN DELETE MY ACCOUNT ALSO.. I SURE HAVE NO USE FOR SOMEONE THAT WOULD DISRESPECT A FULL TIME MILITARY PERSON,, OR MY FRIENDS..... SO REMOVE ME AND ALL MY POST TOO..  I WILL NOT RETURN..
Dali Llama say he not know about aforementioned "firing," but he do know that some moderators from this forum be inappropriately disparaging Graybeard Outdoors and its posters on other forums.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 01:11:02 PM »
I have no idea what is going on but I am sure GB will respond to this post. I do know that at the other forum I am being listed as part of this because I am the moderator here which is BS. If this is not a case of Guilty by association I do not know what is. This is between Ed and GB period and I do not like being associated just becase I moderate here as I had nothing to do with this issue!! Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 01:14:18 PM »
Quote from: jh45gun
I have no idea what is going on but I am sure GB will respond to this post. I do know that at the other forum I am being listed as part of this because I am the moderator here which is BS. If this is not a case of Guilty by association I do not know what is. This is between Ed and GB period and I do not like being associated just becase I moderate here as I had nothing to do with this issue!! Jim
Dali Llama say jh45gun be correct in assuming others imply guilt by association.  Dali say there also be former poster here who now attempt to bait jh45gun into dispute on another, unnamed forum.  Dali say he hope jh45gun refrain from such.

Offline Roadhouse3030

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2004, 01:29:14 PM »
Quote from: Gunjunkie
Ditto for Roadhouse3030!!!!!!! GB you can remove my membership also!!!!!. I am loyal to my friends from MT and I go where they go, I followed them over here and quite a few have been thrown out for being themselfs so ya midas well toss me out also. Greybeard! Nothing personal, but I think that an OPEN! forum should not! be ruled with a iron fist.

Offline jaycocreek

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2004, 01:32:36 PM »
Jim-I don't.But after Ed posted as you saw He quit and why,I am also curious as to why his post are concidered as bad a s Shiela.Man owe man I read almost all of them as a fellow Vet who spilled alittle in another country.To the Marines on this forum, you must be curious also?Sempi Fi.

What's that mean????????????????????????????????????????????

Jayco.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2004, 02:25:09 PM »
Jayco like I said I have no idea what went down  I suppose GB will answer here when he see's this thread. Jim

Offline Squirrelsaurus Rex

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2004, 03:04:04 PM »
I don't know what happened, as I wasn't even aware he was gone, but I'm not going to worry about it, since it's between him and GB.  No offense intended, but I respectfully submit that you guys need to relax and stop getting so worked up about it when you don't even know what the situation is.  I haven't seen anyone post anything that would explain what happened, so why are you jumping to conclusions and assuming GB did something bad?  Some of you are complaining of being assumed to be guilty by association, but so far all I see is GB being assumed to be guilty by implication.  That's not very fair.  Save your accusations and protests until after you know the facts.

I'm not trying to make anyone mad at me (probably did, though), but that's just the way I see it.  Innocent until proven guilty, so put the rope away until you're sure you've got the right man.
Squooshy... the other white meat.

Offline NYH1

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2004, 03:38:12 PM »
Squirrelsaurus Rex, I think that fair. As long as we do find out. A lot of us go back a long way with Ed. I know I want to find out what happened. I've alway considered Ed a "stand up guy".
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2004, 04:02:56 PM »
For all those who have ears to hear and for all those who have eyes to see here is the TRUTH the whole TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH. With quotes of what has been said on both sides:

Exhibit 1: Post by Jarhead Ed on Marlin Owners Shooters Lounge at Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:43 am Post subject: Sheila shows BOA

Sheila wrote:
He thinks because I'm a woman, I'm incompatent to moderate a forum, well, the other night I showed him how compatent I was.

Was followed by three shocked emoticons and one laughing emoticon.

Exhibit 2: Post by Jarhead Ed on Marlin Owners Shooters Lounge at Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: BOA's stay at GB's is shortlived

"Deactivated as trouble maker under IP address 216.102.XXX.XXX"

Was followed by three crying or very sad emoticons.

Exhibit 3: Follow up post in same thread as last one: Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:37 am

KyBlue51 wrote:
jar-wv wrote:
And you posted that HERE because:  

Yea, what's the point?  

Why not? I had a front row seat, and kinda enjoyed watching the correspondance! BOA wasn't exactly "DEACTIVATED" anyway.

People base opinions on BOA based on what? NOTHING! What has BOA ever posted that was inappropriate? IMO, nothing.....but others would not have you believe the same!

FWIW,
Jarhead Ed

Exhibit 4: PM from Graybeard to Jarhead Ed. Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:38 pm Subject: Question for you

Ed it has come to my attention that you've been posting some stuff over at the Marlin Owner's site regarding Sheila and what happened at GBO. Seems in rather poor taste for a person who is a Moderator to be commisserating so much in her problems.

I guess I see but a thin line of difference in what you have done and what she did that got her removed as moderator.

Comments please.

GB

Exhibit 5: Reply from Jarhead Ed to Graybeard AFTER Ed changed his name on site to Got fired. Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:23 pm Subject: Re: Question for you

I do not know what I posted that would be deemed questionable.

Please remove my account from graybeardoutdoors.com immediately upon receipt of this message.

I complied with his request at of approximately 8:30 PM CST tonight. Feb. 23, 2004. I merely requested an explaination why a person who REQUESTED to be a Moderator on my site would go to another and try to stir up trouble if that is in fact what was intended. If it wasn't what was intended a simple explaination would have sufficed. Apparently it WAS to stir up trouble and maybe that's the ONLY reason he asked to be a Moderator in the first place. For sure BOA said that is why he came to GBO. No I don't have time to go look that one up. Do it yourself. It's there.

End of that particular matter as far as I'm concerned.

Now on to another subject: To all of those whining babies who've jumped to conclusions and insisted their accounts be deactivated. Rest assured I'll happily comply with your requests. So consider it done when I finish this.

If anyone else not yet out of the sand box wishes to take their ball and go home please feel free to do so. It has long been the policy of this site to beg no one to come here or to stay. We run no one off unless they ask for it. As you can clearly read in Ed's post he asked to be taken off. His request was complied with.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2004, 04:17:41 PM »
Quote from: Graybeard
To all of those whining babies who've jumped to conclusions and insisted their accounts be deactivated. Rest assured I'll happily comply with your requests. So consider it done when I finish this.

If anyone else not yet out of the sand box wishes to take their ball and go home please feel free to do so. It has long been the policy of this site to beg no one to come here or to stay. We run no one off unless they ask for it. As you can clearly read in Ed's post he asked to be taken off. His request was complied with.

GB
Dali Llama say that be excellent manner of dealing with matter of those wish to depart, sans all the "please reconsider, don't leave my forum" bovine excrement that Dali read recently on another forum. :-)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2004, 04:28:12 PM »
His name is gone and all his post are also.. All I know

Which is all one could know since you had only a one side view at that time. As you can plainly see now that I have changed his name back to Jarhead Ed rather than Got Fired which was a "bald faced lie" all his posts are still here. I do plan to do a review and if any are not in compliance with site rules those will be deleted.

No Jayco he wasn't fired. But as you can clearly see in his PM to me he resigned. To me I see a huge difference in being fired and resigning. It does seem to me some people are intent on starting a war between GBO and Marlin Owners. Why I do not know. I assume the owner there has nothing to do with it and doesn't wish it. I don't. People are free to move back and forth and to read and post where they wish. It matters not to me who goes there or comes here. It's not a competition and there is no money in it for me. Quite the contrary in fact it costs me more.

Make sure GRAY BEARD SEES THIS... YOU CAN DELETE MY ACCOUNT ALSO.. I SURE HAVE NO USE FOR SOMEONE THAT WOULD DISRESPECT A FULL TIME MILITARY PERSON,, OR MY FRIENDS..... SO REMOVE ME AND ALL MY POST TOO.. I WILL NOT RETURN..

Well for sure you may consider your request granted. Please demostrate to me where I disrespected him. BTW disrespect isn't a word but the meaning is understood. I'm always happy to remove unruly children who haven't yet learned to play nice in the sand box. Your behavior makes me think in those terms. Bye now.

I am surpriced.Some of my post got deleted with his?What's up?

I have no clue. What post and where? I deleted nothing of his as of this moment. Nor yours. Need more info to be able to asnwer your question intelligently.

Ditto for Roadhouse3030!!!!!!! GB you can remove my membership also!!!!!. I am loyal to my friends from MT and I go where they go, I followed them over here and quite a few have been thrown out for being themselfs so ya midas well toss me out also. Greybeard! Nothing personal, but I think that an OPEN! forum should not! be ruled with a iron fist.

So be it. You too are no longer a member here. For the record this is the second time you've jumped the gun and made false assumptions. The first time you even made a big issue of it over at MO and once you were given the facts to disprove that mistaken impression you sure never made an effort to clear the air did you? Nope you just left it looking like you were right when in fact you were not.

Who has been thrown out? Please be so kind as to let me know even if via third party. BOA? He too requested to be deactivated and was as per his request. Any other names?

This isn't technically an open forum. It is a moderated forum with RULES. Rules that will be followed by anyone who wishes to participate. No one is forced to participate against their will. No one pays for the priviledge to post here so no one but the management and ownership of this site determines the rules. Anyone who doesn't like them is always free to move on at no lost in funds to their bank account as you paid nothing on entering and get no refunds on leaving.

Squirrelsaurus Rex, I think that fair. As long as we do find out. A lot of us go back a long way with Ed. I know I want to find out what happened. I've alway considered Ed a "stand up guy".

Perhaps he is. He chose not to stay around long enough for me to find out really. I asked a question I feel is and was reasonable. Why is/was a person who asked to be a moderator here posting things on another site that appear to be intended to stir up trouble between the two sites. I still don't have an answer and took no action except that he specifically requested I take.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2004, 04:37:17 PM »
Dali Llama say kudos in order for Graybeard and his handling of those who recently leave honorable forum. :toast:

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2004, 04:48:30 PM »
Now where does the truth lie and who is lying?

Jarhead Ed "partial quote" but full thought from MO Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:22 pm

I came home from work today and I had received a PM from GB stating that my posts were in "poor form" and "on level" with Sheila's. He also demanded that I reply with my comments on the "situation". I did reply immediately. I told him that I wanted my account removed from his website IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT OF MY PM.

Again here is the FULL COMPLETE text of my PM to Ed.

Ed it has come to my attention that you've been posting some stuff over at the Marlin Owner's site regarding Sheila and what happened at GBO. Seems in rather poor taste for a person who is a Moderator to be commisserating so much in her problems.

I guess I see but a thin line of difference in what you have done and what she did that got her removed as moderator.

Comments please.

GB

NOTE: Not "poor form" as he says but "Seems in rather poor taste for a person who is a Moderator to be commisserating so much in her problems." Quite different when the full text is shown with correct words in place.

Ed said: "He also demanded that I reply with my comments on the "situation""

Where in comments please is a demand for anything? Where did I use the word "situation" as he incorrectly places in quotes as if my words?

Nope we're getting some very untrue statements being made as to the turth of this. Why? I haven't a clue. I still have all original correspondence on file to back up what I say.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2004, 04:59:39 PM »
Now where does the truth lie and who is lying?

Jarhead Ed "partial quote" but full thought from MO Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:22 pm

I came home from work today and I had received a PM from GB stating that my posts were in "poor form" and "on level" with Sheila's. He also demanded that I reply with my comments on the "situation". I did reply immediately. I told him that I wanted my account removed from his website IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT OF MY PM.

Again here is the FULL COMPLETE text of my PM to Ed.

Comments please.

GB

NOTE: Not "poor form" as he says but "Seems in rather poor taste for a person who is a Moderator to be commisserating so much in her problems." Quite different when the full text is shown with correct words in place.

Ed said: "He also demanded that I reply with my comments on the "situation""

Where in comments please is a demand for anything? Where did I use the word "situation" as he incorrectly places in quotes as if my words?

Nope we're getting some very untrue statements being made as to the turth of this. Why? I haven't a clue. I still have all original correspondence on file to back up what I say.

GB
Dali Llama say it be admirable that Graybeard go extra mile to show what actually transpire in several recent communications.  Dali say, however, that he learn long ago that some people prefer not be confused with facts when their mind be already made up about something.  Dali say he think that likely what Graybeard will encounter here. :(  :(  :(

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2004, 05:46:31 PM »
Well hopefully it is over and we can get back to guns and such.  I found out one thing about this when you try to smooth things over and are in the middle all that happens is you wind up in a bigger pile of meadow muffins than when you started.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:   From now on I do not care what is said at any forum as long as I am not involved I am not going to get into it unless dragged into by others then I will defend my self. Jim

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2004, 05:56:20 PM »
Yup Jim, I'd whole heartedly concur with that. As moderator unless it is a violation of the rules on a forum you moderate no need to get involved. I wish at times I could avoid it but some times ya just gotta get yer feet wet and jump in as site owner.

It would seem some wish to blow what should have been a very minor thing way out of proportion. It occurs to me that it was really a plan by some to make happen just what did in fact happen so they could pull some folks to where they personally feel more comfortable.

I say each of us should do just that. Go where we're most comfortable. It matters not if that is here at GBO over at Marlin Owners or even over at AR or some othe site. Everyone is free to go where they feel comfortable and to avoid those sites where they are not comfortable. I make no attempt to restrict anyone from leaving or from staying as long as they follow the simple rules and do not try to create trouble. So why is it that those who can't follow the rules here then have to go elsewhere and try to see how much trouble they can stir up? BTW that's a rhetorical question.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2004, 02:11:41 AM »
So why is it that those who can't follow the rules here then have to go elsewhere and try to see how much trouble they can stir up? GB
Dali Llama say some have strong, uncontrollable innate need to tear down and destroy that which they cannot solely and completely control themself. :(  :(  :(

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2004, 02:17:06 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
Well hopefully it is over and we can get back to guns and such.  I found out one thing about this when you try to smooth things over and are in the middle all that happens is you wind up in a bigger pile of meadow muffins than when you started.  
Dali Llama say that unfortunate reality be that nothing ever really be "over" with some miscreants, as jh45gun should know from long experience with same persons at another forum.  Dali say he suggest that what happen to jh45gun here (i.e., "when you try...") not necessarily reflect poorly on mankind, but merely on certain malcontent, disruptive individual members of society.

Offline BamBams

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2004, 02:22:40 AM »
I just read the thread, and I was indeed surprised to read the immature, knee jerk, and emotional reactions on the part of some of these folks. If all I had to go on were the posts themselves, I'd reckon the behaviors as  those coming from 10 year old children.

Truly wise thinking on your part of Jim.  "Clap Clap"
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2004, 02:36:56 AM »
:-)  :-)  :-)  :D

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2004, 03:16:19 AM »
Sometimes, the gun will fire,at half cock.I guess people do it also?

Offline Big Hext Finnigan

• Contributor
    • http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2004, 03:25:57 AM »
Dali,

Please remove the text from another board.  We don't need to bring their garbage into our house.

Also, try and tone it down a bit.  As we have a tense situation, your constant commentary is exhausting.

Thanks for the help,
Hext
But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.  - Edmund Burke

Offline Nobody

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2004, 04:14:16 AM »
I don't know...it seems to me that these Internet forums become the equivalent of television soap operas.  Got guys on here, jumping to conclusions, making demands, this that and the other thing.  Whispers, rumors, misunderstandings. Ain't you people got anything better to do that to get cranked at stuff when you don't even know what's going on?   I am absolutely amazed.   ARE YOU MEN OR ARE YOU A BUNCH OF CACKLING OLD WOMEN?  Sorry to any women out there.

I don't know if every other forum on this website is filled with so many cranky people or whether it's just the MT refugees.  This is the same kind of acrimonious viciousness that caused me to stay away from MT for months at a time.  I come here, figuring I can get some peace and quiet,  "sit around the stove and talk"  and what do I run into?  The same old crap.  

Two weeks ago guys were falling over themselves saying thanks to Graybeard for taking in the "refugees"  and look what's going on now.  Figure it out, this forum is not (I don't know for sure but I'm guessing at this) a purely commercial site.  It doesn't need any of US, and I put myself in with the rest of you, to keep going.  It was here before us, it'll be here after us.  

In case anybody's forgotten, this is GRAYBEARD'S KINGDOM.  He can do what he wants.  He gave these guys exactly what they asked for.  I don't figure Graybeard is being heavyhanded.  I'm not real big on rules myself but when I come into someone else's house, I abide, as much as I can,  by THEIR rules.  If I don't like their rules, I don't go to their house.  Get my drift?

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2004, 05:07:33 AM »
Greybeard did what he had to do. I don't think it is proper for members to go to another site and discuss what goes on here and vice versa as it can only lead to hard feelings that weren't intended. What happens here should stay here and what happens there should stay there. Let's all try to learn from this and move on. Nuff said :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS