Author Topic: Would they have written our consitution different had they envisioned the comput  (Read 652 times)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Think back to the 1770's Men got elected to go to represent  others . They may be gone weeks or longer often with little or no communication. Fast forward to the 1990's and the computer makes contact almost instant to as many people as what to keep up with events. In reality back in the day a mistake could be made and fixed before voters even knew. Today not so. No chance at damage control like the old days. So it seems many politicians are less willing to be open , more secretes these days. Would the rules have been different had the fore fathers known ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Shootall, I don't think the quickness of communication would have changed how they wrote the consitution. They might have added a clause as to how fast we could get rid of bad politicians. They didn't have a clue as to how corrupt todays politicians could be. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline SHOOTALL

I think they were just as bad in some respects. If you visit Mt. Vernon you can see the ledger where Washington note that he hoped he had enough booze on hand to get the farmers drunk so they would vote his way on things.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
I believe they did write in safeguards against corruption, but congress is a reflection of the people. We don't want to upset our good deals.

You realize the signers of the Declaration of Independence all paid a horrific price. One we the people are no longer willing to pay. We talk about it but few take action.  ;)
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline SHOOTALL

More corruption is exposed faster these days than ever before. People are starting to take notice and it is reaching a head . All the loop holes politicians use are being judged now. People bound together are braver than each on their own. The computer allows that bond.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
This is not the place to discuss it but I see no western world super power mentioned in end times prophecy. The USA is doomed.  ;) our only hope is not to try to set our house in order but to repent for our sins.
Byron

NRA LIFE

Offline Anna

I'm sure it would have been different, like Lawyers would be in big trouble these days.
The 2nd amendment should have been punishable by death for any infringements.

Offline powderman

No doubt our founding fathers would have taken xtra pains to make it clear even to liberal democrats what SHALL NOT INFRINGE MEANS. liberal democrats hadn't even been thought of back then. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Anna

No doubt our founding fathers would have taken xtra pains to make it clear even to liberal democrats what SHALL NOT INFRINGE MEANS. liberal democrats hadn't even been thought of back then. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

The way Libs think would have been more in line with the Crown. So in some ways I guess we did
have a few of them around back then. But back then a lot of them became very allergic to ropes
and tree limbs. In reading about the witch trials that went on in Salem Mass. A lot of what were
considered warlocks were executed also, political stance a lot of times was considered in league with
the devil. Normal people just did not think like that so they must have been possessed.

And it wasn't just in Salem that a lot of this went on in. The collective mentality was seen as going
counter to Gods gift of a free will. Even though a lot of religions back then were practicing some
form of it in remote community's. it was easier to just call it witchcraft than to give it a political
designation. The young republic had to go after a lot of these religions and even charge many of
them with murder or sedition. America also inherited a lot of the problems the British had been
having to deal with in the context of policing or keeping the peace. 

And with the Bill of Rights now at their backs to not enforce this would have been hypocrisy.
In the face of a world that was watching us very closely back then like they are now.

Offline SHOOTALL

Keep in mind the last word in the title is computer

Offline magooch

There is no language, phraseology, or method of writing that liberals can't find a way to corrupt, misinterpret, misconstrue, pervert, or ignore.  The Constitution is fine just as it is and rewriting it would change absolutely nothing.
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

The computer allows the govt. better control of citizens and it also allows citizens faster access to what govt. is doing. Also citizens can pass information faster . Maybe the commerce clause would have been narrower.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
I know when I was a young man growing up in the church and listening to end times teachers talk about the anti Christ in particular & a one world gov. we accepted it because the bible foretold it but now that computers have been invented they have made it possible.  >:(  ;)
Byron

NRA LIFE

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
I think not! technology changes from generation to generation, but Man remains the same.
I think the Bible put it in perspective.

Ecclesiastes 1:9

King James Version (KJV)

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
I'd concur with nw_hunter ... the constitution was a document of principles, not practices, as such the content is timeless. Liberty has not changed, even though it appears as if we have more ways to express it now with computers. The people need to be protected from their government today as much if not more so than they did in the 18th century, and from the exact same encroachments on speech, thought and action.

I believe the founders would've said that you have the natural right to express yourself via the computer however you wish, and those around you have the right to do the same ... but that doesn't necessarily mean you have a right to be protected from the consequences of those expressions no matter how clever or special you believe yourself to be. Technology is the least secure means of communication today, the tongue is still the most, but that's been a troublemaker for a few thousand years now, so I doubt the founders would've noted a distinction.
held fast

Offline Anna

I think not! technology changes from generation to generation, but Man remains the same.
I think the Bible put it in perspective.

Ecclesiastes 1:9

King James Version (KJV)

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

NW Hunter is right, they were saying the same things they are now about the computer back when
Marconi invented radio transmissions and reception. Back then they said it was the work of the
devil and would bring about the anti Christ. At first it was even blamed for the sinking of the
Titanic because it was announced on radio telegraph news wires that even God couldn't sink her. 
Stupidity and arrogance sunk the Titanic not so much technology or blasphemy. Man does remain
the same arrogant and stupid and blind to his own failures always blaming something else.

Offline SHOOTALL

Its important to understand the record keeping side too. They tape all communication and hold it for ever to be used if ever the chance arises.

Offline teamnelson

Its important to understand the record keeping side too. They tape all communication and hold it for ever to be used if ever the chance arises.

I know a little about this particular subject, and fact is we don't have enough dedicated storage to do that. I remember using a Tb drive in the early 90's that would fill up in under a day from the comms from a pesky backwater 3rd world country - drive was the size of a car, and if you didn't find what you were looking for, too bad because it was constantly being overwritten. Today the drives are bigger, but the data stream is exponentially larger. Its all done by filters now, and 99.9999...% of stuff doesn't make the cut to keep.

But if they had the storage, you'd probably be right.
held fast

Offline Anna

Oh they have the storage, once its on file a lot of it is stored in abandoned missile silos.
3M and Sperry Rand are big contractors for this to the Government and its why silos that haven't
been sold off into private hands by now are commanding huge prices.
I know a couple that bought a minuteman silo here in NM back in the 1980s from the Historical
Society for only $2,500.00. Try to do that now!!

Offline teamnelson

Oh they have the storage, once its on file a lot of it is stored in abandoned missile silos.
3M and Sperry Rand are big contractors for this to the Government and its why silos that haven't
been sold off into private hands by now are commanding huge prices.
I know a couple that bought a minuteman silo here in NM back in the 1980s from the Historical
Society for only $2,500.00. Try to do that now!!

I used to work for NSA, as recently as 2 years ago. What is stored in those silos is only a fraction of the data available in the US today. There's not enough storage to keep everything.
held fast

Offline Anna

Thanks I didn't know, but Sperry is either buying these up or renting them out for data storage.

Offline teamnelson

Thanks I didn't know, but Sperry is either buying these up or renting them out for data storage.

They are great for secure backup, mostly of financial data (not classified per se) and will have multiple redundant copies on location, and at various locations (silos). So while the combined storage capacity across the enterprise will be very large, it will be along the lines of 100 copies of the same data. The selection process for data stored is highly focused because we've not broken the ceiling on storage capacity.

Truth be told, if any of that data were "collected" on "US Citizens" by all the laws presently enforced (despite the media twist) it would have to be maintained at a military controlled facility, not a contract operation, with a few reams of paperwork on every door.

Even back in the mid 90's when I was teaching traffic analysis with the National Cryptologic School, the mathematical equation predicting growth of data generated vs ability to gather and store it clearly proved we'd already lost the race with the invention of the PC, so no one has bothered to try since.
held fast

Offline SHOOTALL

I know a little about this particular subject, and fact is we don't have enough dedicated storage to do that. I remember using a Tb drive in the early 90's that would fill up in under a day from the comms from a pesky backwater 3rd world country - drive was the size of a car, and if you didn't find what you were looking for, too bad because it was constantly being overwritten. Today the drives are bigger, but the data stream is exponentially larger. Its all done by filters now, and 99.9999...% of stuff doesn't make the cut to keep.

That is being built now. In the future you won't need storage in your computer , I-pad , I phone etc. it will be stored in these centers. Your computer goes bad no problem your information is not lost just get a new computer and you are back in business. So govt. won't need to store your info. just get a warrant and look. So like you mentioned if caught in a filter ................

Offline teamnelson

That is being built now. In the future you won't need storage in your computer , I-pad , I phone etc. it will be stored in these centers. Your computer goes bad no problem your information is not lost just get a new computer and you are back in business. So govt. won't need to store your info. just get a warrant and look. So like you mentioned if caught in a filter ................

... the older I get the more I think the Luddites were onto something.
held fast