Author Topic: Snowden got out of Hong Gong!  (Read 652 times)

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
Snowden got out of Hong Gong!
« on: June 23, 2013, 04:29:56 AM »
Seems that Hong Cong is not so intimidated by King Obbee and his minions. Snowden has left HC and gone to Moscow, with the intent to end up in yet another nation.

http://news.yahoo.com/former-nsa-contractor-snowden-leaves-hong-kong-moscow-080843121.html

It's a weird world when Americans excersizing their freedom of speech, to tell the citizens that their government is spying on them, are going to Russia for protection!
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Snowden got out of Hong Gong!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 04:47:06 AM »

Hong Gong !!  LOL  good one ;D
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 04:55:53 AM »
Iceland has offered him asylum. He can go from Moscow to Helsinki to Reykjavik without entering a country under US influence. He's using commercial flights so other governments are not accused of helping him--- though, by ignoring him, they certainly are, as far as the US is concerned.
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 05:03:56 AM »
Mr Snowden should be very careful.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 05:27:19 AM »
Just as I predicted at the start of this debacle, your attention is being directed to the media circus evolving around Snowden, while the admittedly illegal activities of the US government, including the financial conflicts of interest by the government, both parties, continues.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 05:37:30 AM »

I know! But it was a typo. :o I ain't gonna fix it though! ;D
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Anna

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 06:34:40 AM »
Iceland has offered him asylum. He can go from Moscow to Helsinki to Reykjavik without entering a country under US influence. He's using commercial flights so other governments are not accused of helping him--- though, by ignoring him, they certainly are, as far as the US is concerned.

Iceland has a very large US Naval Air Station there. The base also supports US Marines and Air Force
operations. One slip up and this guy could end up on a C141 transport real quick headed back here.
And Reykjavik is only about twenty miles from Keflavik where the base is located.
NIS also has a lot of operatives working this country outside of the base, this guy could have a very
unfortunate accident its happened there before during the Cold War.
He's best off in Russia, Finland, or Poland, all country's that have little love for Obama.   

And I'm sure he has valuable information these country's would love to obtaine. If Snowden was so
low level then why all the fuss in getting him back? I would think that Poland is his best bet since 08
there has been an air of cooperation between them and Putin. A lot of Russin expats fly out of there
along with newly married Internet couples. And it isn't always to here in the US, not anymore.
Some of this movement is disguised as happily married couples, ain't love grand! We may say they don't care but get real, how are they supposed to act? Oh they don't care alright but its our fearless leader they don't care about. And they spy on their own people you can bet on that.

But here we go again shades of the Cold War cat and mouse game. And the kindly Soviets secretly
aiding a poor American who blew the whistle on our mean ole governments activities against its
people. Nothing but kudos for the Russians trying to win our hearts up against a government they
know we are not terribly fond of. I know how this works people and I would not be a bit surprised
after they get all the info they want out of Snowden. That somewhere down the line they set up
some sort of exchange. He right now is a valuable international bargaining chip where both sides
want something out of this. Putin is a classic at this he is no fool and he will soak Snowden for everything he knows. And not on our account don't be fooled, everything in this from here on out
is only for show.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 11:18:44 AM »
While they continue to ignore the real atrocities committed by our government and their privatized spies.  (Privatized spies--- now did anybody honestly think ALL of them were going to STAY bought?)

Offline Anna

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 04:00:05 PM »
Not hardly CDQ, at least you have a grasp on what might be going on here. Snowden knows a lot
more than we're being told he does. Wiki involved yea right, someone with some deep pockets
wants this guy all their own. Wiki is a front only to make it look like he means nothing.
But by slipping through international air ports and boundaries this guy is a hot item.
Iceland is a distraction, he will end up in Russia as a political dissident escaping the oppressive
Obama regime. Which OMG was spying on its own people.

Its a win win for Putin, with the announcement of possible sanctuary in that country Putins popularity
has shot up 20 points due to this. The world sees this as Obama has been outclassed.
Didn't take much to do that but we have a real international situation going on here.
Go to Pravda.com if you want the real story about all this. I'm not a big fan of Pravda but sometimes
putting what they say and what we say together you can get a pretty good picture of what's going
on. We are the bad guys in this and its starting to show. Russia was only in the right place at the
right time and this could become very destructive for Obama internationally. 

Offline Anna

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 04:32:39 PM »
Obama was ok, as long as he was messing around with Mexico and third world country's. As well as beating up on his own citizens and destroying their way of life. Just means more money out there for other country's to get if we are so gullible to let him do this to us.
But this had to happen eventually, and he is not suited to be involved in a international situation
where real country's are involved. If Snowden is as hot an item as I'm betting he is.
With what he may know hang onto your hats you can bet this is not a local matter. Sure we have
been spying on each other for decades,but they never had a chanch like this to turn it around and
make it look like we are the bad guys for all the world to see.
We are supposed to be free, a beacon of democracy where we have rights. America the home of
the not so free doesn't need to be telling anyone anything about human rights anymore.   

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 01:40:53 AM »
If our government were smart, they would offer Snowden amnesty--- complete immunity from prosecution. That way they could get him back here and eliminate the threat that he'll give information to our potential enemies. They won't do that, though, because at that point the investigation into the real criminals would begin. They definitely do NOT want the spotlight turned back on them!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 10:00:53 AM »

I know! But it was a typo. :o I ain't gonna fix it though! ;D

Good thing the place isn't called HANG LO !! ;D ;D

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 10:07:36 AM »
If our government were smart, they would offer Snowden amnesty--- complete immunity from prosecution. That way they could get him back here and eliminate ..............

I stopped to quote at that point of your post for a reason.

El i m i n a t e  is exactly what would happen to him, disappear, no trace or a sudden fatal traffic accident.

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 10:07:58 AM »
If our government were smart, they would offer Snowden amnesty--- complete immunity from prosecution. That way they could get him back here and eliminate the threat that he'll give information to our potential enemies. They won't do that, though, because at that point the investigation into the real criminals would begin. They definitely do NOT want the spotlight turned back on them!

I knew the odds were that one of these days you would have to say something I agree with.
And todays the day!

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 12:48:15 PM »
Mr Snowden should be very careful.

Ditto.....the CIA has operatives in every nationality that will blend in wherever they go and he's a dead man. Senator Kerry stopped short of saying that Hong Kong should not block Snowden's FUTILE escape but he back peddled and didn't pronounce the word "futile" completely. The US already knows they are going to hunt him and kill him so there's nowhere to hide. Nothing like a diplomatic government who will kill to cover their corruption.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline cjclemens

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 01:09:22 PM »

Chung, it seems there may be one thing you and I actually agree on...

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 01:54:09 PM »
Maybe more than one. Sometimes I get saddled as the opposition when I'm just pointing out logical inconsistencies in the argument.

Sometimes...

Offline Anna

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 01:55:35 PM »
I agree with a lot of things CDQ post about. But Chung it seems you and I have been down some of
the same roads. Or we saw them as a bystander for what they really were.
Его почему я предоставляю слово вы друг

Sorry I don't know the Asian translation.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 02:02:06 AM »
"It's why I call on all of you."  (My Russian is rusty, sorry.) Sort of like, "If all of you (or all of us) don't do it, who will?"