Author Topic: Employees  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Squirrelsaurus Rex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Employees
« on: February 23, 2004, 09:46:09 PM »
Got this in an email:

Imagine you are working for a company that has a little over 500
employees AND the following statistics?

* 29 of those emplyees have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
* 117 have directly and indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
* 3 have done time for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card because of bad credit
* 14 have been arrested for drug related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
It is the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group of people who crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.
Squooshy... the other white meat.

Offline threefingers46

Employees
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 12:02:06 AM »
:toast: yep i can sounds like bubbies of ted k to me
frank

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Employees
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 02:04:07 AM »
Quote from: Squirrelsaurus Rex
Got this in an email:

Imagine you are working for a company that has a little over 500
employees AND the following statistics?

* 29 of those emplyees have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
* 117 have directly and indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
* 3 have done time for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card because of bad credit
* 14 have been arrested for drug related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
It is the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group of people who crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.
Dali Llama say perhaps more mirrors are needed in halls of Congress... :(  :(  :(
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
Employees
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 03:23:36 AM »
Construction workers can top that list,I worked with a few who even did time for murder.

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
Employees
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 04:36:18 AM »
Dali Llama say perhaps more mirrors are needed in halls of Congress...  

Dali in all the horror flicks I've seen, the blood suckers have no reflection in a mirror so what good will mirrors do?  I personally think there is too much smoke and mirrors in congress now.

• Avid Poster
Employees
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 06:52:44 AM »
Quote from: Red Neck64
Construction workers can top that list.

Construction workers aren't sitting in Washington writing the laws
that govern the rest of us.

Offline Dali Llama

Employees
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2004, 08:22:15 AM »
Quote from: Old Syko

Dali in all the horror flicks I've seen, the blood suckers have no reflection in a mirror so what good will mirrors do?  
That be excellent point, say Dali Llama. :lol:  8)  8)

Offline jh45gun

Employees
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2004, 08:37:52 AM »
I looked this up in snopes and while they say it is a smear campain they cannot claim it to be false either or they would have. I just have to say with the way Klinton acted in office and with folks that got into scandals like Condon, Kennedy, Hart, ect I thiink it shows that these men of power have little reguard for the laws they are supposed to draft and uphold. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

Employees
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2004, 08:43:03 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
it shows that these men of power have little reguard for the laws they are supposed to draft and uphold. Jim
That be understatement of year, say Dali Llama! :-D  :-D

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
Employees
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2004, 10:20:10 AM »

No,but we do pay $150.00 to $600.00 or over in TAX every week.I support two other woman and the kids,week by week.And I don't even know what the woman look like! :roll:

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
Employees
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2004, 10:25:01 AM »
I looked this up in snopes and while they say it is a smear campain they cannot claim it to be false either or they would have. I just have to say with the way Klinton acted in office and with folks that got into scandals like Condon, Kennedy, Hart, ect I thiink it shows that these men of power have little reguard for the laws they are supposed to draft and uphold. Jim

Kings every one,you might say.

• Avid Poster
Employees
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2004, 10:50:18 AM »
No,but we do pay $150.00 to $600.00 or over in TAX every week.I support two other woman and the kids,week by week.And I don't even know what the woman look like! :roll:

I'm not sure what you meant by that, but I get the feeling you took my last post as an insult?  If so, it wasn't intended that way.  I just meant that I'm not worried about the criminal record of construction workers or anyone else, 'cause they aren't the ones running the country!  Politicians are the ones that worry me!  The way I see it, if you want to be one of the big boys in Washington that run the country and govern the people, then you need to have a clean record.  I, as a law-abiding American citizen, must have a spotless record if I want to buy a gun for self-defense.  But they'll let people with records like that hold office and run the country?  Am I the only one that sees a contradition here?  People with criminal backgrounds are writing laws that determine how I, a person with no criminal background, must behave.

If they say that anyone with a criminal background shouldn't be allowed to own a gun, then I say that anyone with a criminal background shouldn't be allowed to hold public office and run the country, either.

That's like putting a snake in charge of feeding the mice at the pet store.

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
Employees
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2004, 11:04:39 AM »

I'm not sure what you meant by that, but I get the feeling you took my last post as an insult?  If so, it wasn't intended that way.  I just meant that I'm not worried about the criminal record of construction workers or anyone else, 'cause they aren't the ones running the country!  Politicians are the ones that worry me!  The way I see it, if you want to be one of the big boys in Washington that run the country and govern the people, then you need to have a clean record.  I, as a law-abiding American citizen, must have a spotless record if I want to buy a gun for self-defense.  But they'll let people with records like that hold office and run the country?  Am I the only one that sees a contradition here?  People with criminal backgrounds are writing laws that determine how I, a person with no criminal background, must behave.

If they say that anyone with a criminal background shouldn't be allowed to own a gun, then I say that anyone with a criminal background shouldn't be allowed to hold public office and run the country, either.

That's like putting a snake in charge of feeding the mice at the pet store.

What can we do,hang them!And the old sun burned neck,Red Neck takes no offence to you.

Offline Dali Llama

Employees
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2004, 04:02:33 PM »
[quote="Squirrelsaurus RexI'm not sure what you meant by that, but I get the feeling you took my last post as an insult?  [/quote]Dali Llama say do not worry, it happen to him quite often... :lol:  :-D  :-D  :-D  :lol:

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
Employees
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2004, 05:28:11 PM »
Quote from: Old Syko

I personally think there is too much smoke and mirrors in congress now.

I think "Old Syko" has hit the nail square on the head.    
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
Employees
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2004, 02:47:03 PM »
I looked this up in snopes and while they say it is a smear campain they cannot claim it to be false either or they would have.   I just have to say with the way Klinton acted in office and with folks that got into scandals like Condon, Kennedy, Hart, ect I think it shows that these men of power have little reguard for the laws they are supposed to draft and uphold. Jim

What I want to know is why do we, the people, keep putting those kinds of men (and women) into office.   Are we really that complacent or are we just that dumb?  
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
Employees
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2004, 03:20:21 PM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
[quote="Squirrelsaurus RexI'm not sure what you meant by that, but I get the feeling you took my last post as an insult?  
Dali Llama say do not worry, it happen to him quite often... :lol:  :-D  :-D  :-D  :lol:[/quote]
OH ,no Dali Llame,you are the one not me!It is you who gets negative responce not me from the group.Llama you post something,on this site that someone wrote,just to get another bullet in your hat.You are the A-HOLE here not us or me.So go and play with the  keybord,but don't worry people like me will pay your rent.I wish I could confront you face to face.Then see if you put me down.!

Offline briarpatch

list of shame!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2004, 03:23:40 PM »
You would think that if the number of offences are known that there should be some names attached them. Does anyone know who did what?

Offline Dali Llama

Employees
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2004, 03:39:30 PM »
Dali Llame,you are the one not me! You are the A-HOLE here not us or me.So go and play with the  keybord,but don't worry people like me will pay your rent.I wish I could confront you face to face.Then see if you put me down.!
Dali Llama inquire what do he say to Red Neck64 that get latter's knickers in such a twist? :?  :?  :?

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
Employees
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2004, 11:37:30 AM »

I think we can run the Country,with no ,if ,and ,or buts.It just may install a wave of infusion,that we here in the USA need now.

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
Employees
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2004, 11:51:10 AM »
Dali Llame,you are the one not me! You are the A-HOLE here not us or me.So go and play with the  keybord,but don't worry people like me will pay your rent.I wish I could confront you face to face.Then see if you put me down.!
Dali Llama inquire what do he say to Red Neck64 that get latter's knickers in such a twist? :?  :?  :?

Think with your keyboard "A HOLE",you know thats all you have.I'd still would enjoy seeing   you spitting out a tooth or five in my world.

Offline Dali Llama

Employees
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2004, 12:39:40 PM »

Think with your keyboard "A HOLE",you know thats all you have.I'd still would enjoy seeing   you spitting out a tooth or five in my world.
:eek: My, my, something certainly infuriate Red Neck64 of late, say Dali Llama.  Dali wonder who or what put proverbial bee in Red Neck64 bonnet? :?  :?  :?  :?

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
Employees
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2004, 02:00:31 PM »

:eek: My, my, something certainly infuriate Red Neck64 of late, say Dali Llama.  Dali wonder who or what put proverbial bee in Red Neck64 bonnet? :?  :?  :?  :?

End.A HOLE.,

Offline Dali Llama

Employees
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2004, 03:53:15 PM »

End.A HOLE.,
Dali Llama say it appear Red Neck64 quickly run out of nasty insults and comments to hurl at Dali when latter turn other cheek.  Dali say bye, bye... :D

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
Employees
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2004, 01:04:35 PM »

End.A HOLE.,
Dali Llama say it appear Red Neck64 quickly run out of nasty insults and comments to hurl at Dali when latter turn other cheek.  Dali say bye, bye... :D

Bye Bye Pussy,went to Marlin Owners,come on over and piss in the tall grass,if you can.

Offline Dali Llama

Employees
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2004, 05:04:08 PM »

End.A HOLE.,

Bye Bye Pussy,went to Marlin Owners,come on over and piss in the tall grass,if you can.
Dali Llama say it remain unknown to him what lead to such nasty retorts by Red Neck64, and latter seem unwilling to explain such animosity. :?  :?  :?