Author Topic: New Push for Reparations: $8 TRILLION dollars  (Read 863 times)

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
New Push for Reparations: $8 TRILLION dollars
« on: January 31, 2014, 10:33:20 AM »
According to this story on Black Star News,  a new push for Reparations is coming as Rep. John Conyers introduced legislation.  The theory of  reparations is that blacks, who were  never slaves, should be paid $8 Trillion dollars from whites who never owned slaves.

Hmmmmm......Got that?

Now....for the best part.   Read the "comments" section at the end of the story with this link.

http://www.blackstarnews.com/us-politics/justice/how-do-we-make-reparations-happen.html

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New Push for Reparations: $8 TRILLION dollars
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 11:15:59 AM »
     If the NON slave blacks that are here NOW don't appreciate this country for WHAT IT IS ( their statement )  not mine as I never OWNED a slave can just get on a slow boat to AFFRICA or wherever they are welcome!!    Jim a NON slave owner

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
That sounds about right.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:33:48 AM »
Fortunately this site is far too family oriented to print any of the comments to this article and although many of the comments are factually truthful they fly in the face of the false history that so many racists of today have promulgated.

Face it, whites will always be called racists by blacks or black racists  - the black racists have no other point to focus on and there are far too many stupid whites in this country who believe this racist nonsense and believe that paying off these racists (who have found the stupid people to believe them) will quiet them. 

As one commentor said - reparation should equal repatiation, then let's see who really screams the loudest.....

Offline barabbas

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 03:17:00 AM »
From a historic pov, paying 'tribute', 'protection money', 'buy offs', 'extortion', 'bully pay', 'appeasement', whatever other name you want to call it, eventually comes to a very bad end.  Then again, today's education doesn't teach history very well.
"I'm not someone to be as good as.  I'm someone to be better than."

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 09:20:38 AM »
So what do you do for the folks that didn't own slaves? How about folks that didn't live in this country until after the Civil War? What do you do about the the free blacks that owned slaves in the south- there were many. How do you exempt families that lived in other states that were not part of the Union until after the Civil War? We've been paying reparations all along anyway, it's called welfare so why more money? Do they expect Hawaii to also pay? How about Alaska or even Texas where folks were far too poor to own slaves? If the blacks want money I say buy them a one way ticket back to Africa and call it good. If they come back they should be shot on sight.

If anybody should receive reparations it is the Japanese that were displaced during WWII. They were paid nothing for their lands or homes and treated like criminals. And how about the American Indian that negotiated in good faith only to have the white man ignore his own agreement and take the lands by force anyway- how about them? Do we now go back and pay Mexico for Texas? Yeah, it's that absurd folks.

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 11:37:23 AM »
The funny thing is, less than 5% of southerns owned slaves, and the biggest slave auction was in DC.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 01:03:18 PM »
What's really funny is the fact that there was no slavery in America until a "BLACK" man decided not to honor the contract of his indentured servant.
Anthony Johnson refused to free his servant after his contract was up.
So Johnson took it to court and with his pull he won the case, and from then on your servant was your property for life.
So thank the black man Anthony Johnson for slavery in America.
btw-Isn't it some kind of rule that if you are a freed prisoner that you don't hang around the prison upon your release?
Shouldn't they return to their roots and home land?
Why not figure out all the money these offspring  of slaves have collected from the government and have them pay it back or go back to where ever their ancestors came from/(home) 

Offline lgm270

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 02:40:32 PM »
What's really funny is the fact that there was no slavery in America until a "BLACK" man decided not to honor the contract of his indentured servant.
Anthony Johnson refused to free his servant after his contract was up.
So Johnson took it to court and with his pull he won the case, and from then on your servant was your property for life.
So thank the black man Anthony Johnson for slavery in America.
btw-Isn't it some kind of rule that if you are a freed prisoner that you don't hang around the prison upon your release?
Shouldn't they return to their roots and home land?
Why not figure out all the money these offspring  of slaves have collected from the government and have them pay it back or go back to where ever their ancestors came from/(home) 

Of course they should return to their roots.  They're always complaining that they right of racial separation was violated when they were brought here against their will and forcibly integrated into white civilization as slaves.  OF course they're right. 

So they should go back to  their ancestral homeland in as much as they hate white people so viciously.   

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 05:06:30 PM »
He makes some  valid arguments.  Evolution is about group conflict.  Every group naturally defends their group. 

Why were Africans brought here?  They were brought here for selfish reasons.  The same reason as why we need open borders.  There are some in our business community who desire cheap labor. These are men who strive for individualist aims.  We need the immigrants we are told to do the work that Americans are not willing to do.  Besides getting the dirty jobs done it is also a benefit, we are told, because it allows us to be more 'competitive'. 

This is the argument of the economic man.  The economic man is an individualist who rationalizes that individual profits, or in the case of the slave master or plantation owner, takes precedence over our biological roots that we have evolved from which originated from the first homo sapiens, the Nordic man who is epitomized by the term 'hunter-gatherers'.  The hunter gatherers were a tough breed of men.  They and only they knew how to live and survive in the cold Arctic climate of the Ice Age that took place in Northern Europe and Russia.  The Nordic Man was tough.  He was physically big and learned how to use tools.  He knew the value of community because cooperation with other Nordics was essential to survival.  His woman was the homemaker and was his opposite.  She was feminine and took care of his manly needs of cooking, cleaning and bearing for him strong and healthy like minded descendents.  Without those descendents, the tribe would perish.  For those who were strong and knew how to survive, they continued on.  Ingenuity, strength and securing a foothold in the Ice Age was of primary importance to these earliest of our descendents.  If one was a freeloader, not willing to work together for the group, there was punishment.  Altruism, or sacrificing individual interests for collective interests to sustain the group, was a necessary ingredient that led to progression.

As the Ice Age receded and climates became warmer, farming and collective feeding then paved the way for a weakening of man.  There was no need to be a hunter gatherer to survive.  Food was more readily available for the freeloaders and thus we saw an increasing in demand of the Middle Eastern man.  Verbal skills and commerce developed a need for middlemen or traders.  Group or collective necessity was replaced by other forms of altruism.  The men became physically smaller and the women began to look more like the men.  Individual interests eventually replaced the collective interests of the Homo Sapiens. 

Add to the effect of population mixing, the advent of Christianity and Western ideals and man then went through the Enlightenment.  Men were judged by objective ideals and with Christianity began to welcome everybody.  Group interests were replaced by individual and, shall we say, business interests.  If it is good for commerce, then that is the overall good.  That was the mindset of the slave owners.  They didn't care about the consequences of this strategy on the group's interests or what would be the result for their descendents.  With the new Western ideology of accepting all man as equal and not enforcing group goals or even caring if there should be such a thing as a group, which became pathologized as we see today in modern liberalism, we now see every group now demanding their own group goals. 

So, there are legitimate grievances, but it is also a story about a failed strategy for one group and how it failed from an evolutionary standpoint.  The Western man became a libertarian, an individualist, for himself, the plantation owner.  And now we suffer the consequences.  Likewise today, we still hear about the need for Amnesty, or how it is termed in a Egalitarian sense 'Immigration Reform'.  Yes, we feel sorry for the illegal immigrants who are here because we are a civilized Western people.  We are prone now to allowing any group to come in, throwing out all group or collective interests to preserve the land, for the sake of all humanity.  Thus, we've left ourselves open to insane immigration policies for the so-called betterment of humanity.  What we see again with immigration, as with past slavery, is a continuation of a market set of ideals which contrast sharply with the healthy goals of the earlier hunter gatherers. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline powderman

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 05:17:26 PM »
According to this story on Black Star News,  a new push for Reparations is coming as Rep. John Conyers introduced legislation.  The theory of  reparations is that blacks, who were  never slaves, should be paid $8 Trillion dollars from whites who never owned slaves.

Hmmmmm......Got that?

Now....for the best part.   Read the "comments" section at the end of the story with this link.

http://www.blackstarnews.com/us-politics/justice/how-do-we-make-reparations-happen.html

That's a pretty good explanation. I got rid of my slaves when obama infected the whitehouse, didn't want them reminding me of him every day. Gave em all a mule, 10 acres, and $20. They were happy. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 02:04:21 AM »
Quote from IMG27:
"So they should go back to  their ancestral homeland in as much as they hate white people so viciously."

IMG270,
You have the same option if it is so bad here for you.
GuzziJohn

Offline lgm270

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 07:37:13 AM »
Quote from IMG27:
"So they should go back to  their ancestral homeland in as much as they hate white people so viciously."

IMG270,
You have the same option if it is so bad here for you.
GuzziJohn

Why should I leave?  I don't hate white people. 

It's the Negoes who are complaining about being here and not in Africa.  It's the Negroes who are demanding whites pay them for Negroes originally having been brought  to the Western Hemisphere  against their will.  I think whites agree that bringing Negroes here was the worst thing that ever happened.  But....they're here and they're demanding that we pay them to say and continue to oppress us.

I've got news for you:  Africans are migrating to Europe and other white countries for the "better life"  they are incapable of creating in their own lands. When they arrive in white countries,  they demand "reparations" for slavery from 300 years ago.   They can't create their own "better life" and they destroy everyone elses' better life wherever they go.

Negroes hate white people, but not enough to  walk away from their  white funded welfare checks, set asides, quotas, etc. and return  to Africa and build  lives and nations.   I think most whites would be happy to pay them reparations....if they would go back to where they belong.

BTW, how much do you think you are owed for Reparations?

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 02:46:05 AM »
Lets add up all the reparations blacks have received, and still getting. Education, welfare, food stamps, housing, phone's. Bet in the last 50+ years, it adds up in the billions. Probably more than can be calculated!  And, why should I pay a tax for this, when I had absolutely, no relative's in this country before the 1880's. Father's parents came in around 1900, and my mothers came in, in the 1880's. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline don29

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 07:14:31 AM »
slavery was, and still is, practiced worldwide...

i am NOT a believer in slavery nor do i condone or support it.

historically...the American indian practiced slavery amongst warring tribes as did/do arab tribesmen... the chinese did/do practice slavery...the list goes on...does that make it right? NO, it doesn't.

one prominent black legislator, and unfortunately i cannot recall his name, a member of the black caucaus, stated: "Why would we want to give up our "Special" status?"

pay all that qualify for 'repatrations' then rescind ALL laws perrttaining to "equal opportunity", racial discrimination, etc...make ALL in the land be under only one set of laws.