Author Topic: Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad- learn English or GET OUT!  (Read 3689 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad- learn English or GET OUT!
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 02:55:17 PM »
I quit drinking soft drinks and sweet tea over 4 years ago, when you think about it, why do you want to add all that sugar to your system??

Neither has to have sugar in them......

That artificial crap they put in them is as bad or worse than sugar, kick the habit and go to water...

Exactly what Patty's former DR said. He said the artificial sweeteners were terrible on the stomach causing diahrea, ulcers, upset stomach,  excess gas and heartburn,   sugar was safer. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2014, 03:10:31 PM »
No science to back these claims.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline flintlock

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2014, 03:57:47 PM »

Buddy, I'm not going to do your research for you...I'm married to an RN, had high blood sugar 3 years ago and went on an intense low carb and exercise program...At 58, I'm in better shape than I have been in decades...

I'm off cholesterol medicine, lowered my blood pressure medicine, reduced my heart rate and have dropped 4 inches off my waist line...I'm 6ft 5 and 235 pounds...

If you want to put all these chemicals in your body just to get a sugar high, enjoy!!!

The research is out there, you have a computer, put it to good use...

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2014, 05:06:06 PM »
So we have an international company that sells their product worldwide advertising their product to the most diverse nation in the world and had the same diverse language used in the song and you don't like it? How about just pullin them big ol girlie panties up and get a grip on reality. Sounds like a bunch of old women.

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2014, 06:02:16 PM »
It's not just about learning English or believing in our Constitution.  It's about also assimilating into American culture.  Many of the immigrants that arrived since the 1965 Immigration Act came from and continue to come from collectivist cultures that are non-assimilable.  Birth rates are also different between Western versus Third World collectivist cultures.  A country can't sustain itself when it is broken apart by many nations within a nation.  Add to the idea of Democracy which was created for great people of Ancient Greece and foolishly think that you can bring all these self seeking cultures together, sounds more like a prescription for disaster rather than anything good to celebrate.  That's why there's a need to show during an sporting event how we need to all just "get along."  All these peoples with their own loyalties put together, what good can possibly come from it?  Better yet, what one accomplishment can we say happened due to diversity?  Nothing!   :P

Before, we had Neil Armstrong landing on the moon and Nixon became President.  The Communist Empire collapsed, but what good came after that?  What one great was accomplished because of this diversity?   ???
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2014, 07:13:38 PM »
I wonder if at some sporting event, in a foreign country, Coke will play the same song? gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline GrassLakeRon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2014, 12:06:27 AM »
  Ah yes Ron, the "thought police"...  But where's the hate?  Looks like common sense to me..

Please read my signature line below..

When my grandparents came over from Germany, Ireland, etc.... They still spoke and kept their culture.  They did take almost a generation to learn what it was like to be an American or at least adopt the customs of the US.  Each city in the US has small sections where those Ethnic traditions still exist, more the 150 years later.  The bars where people still practice their home language, eat their home country foods and even worship in their home country churches......

Now this group advocates that "new people" need to speak the language or get out.... Wow, ether you don't live an community that has it's ethnic groups or forgot your US history or Just want to cause problems.... Sounds to me the later is true.

We, the US, has been a haven for all sorts of people, from all around the world, and continue to do so.  To suggest, we dont need them or they should "learn the culture" faster then your families did is just HATE, but leave it to this crowd to push a single agenda. 

Maybe, I will just skip the paperwork with NSA and just do the Southern Poverty Law Center.... Since this group like to "pass it around" to select groups of people.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 01:13:36 AM »
another "NEW COKE" moment !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline jhm

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 05:24:39 AM »
     When my grandparents came over from Germany and Check, they had to learn them English language and assimilate into this countrys laws and triditions!!   Yes they had their neighborhoods where they spoke their language just like any neighborhood today does, BUT you had to learn to read, write, speak the English language, B4 you were a citizen, don't believe the crap that some are trying to TEACH you that it is OK for the ILLIGALS to come here and then we will see if they adjust.   Jim

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2014, 05:25:49 AM »
I quit drinking soft drinks and sweet tea over 4 years ago, when you think about it, why do you want to add all that sugar to your system??

As a diabetic( mild) I cut out the pop, Diet pop sweetener is probably worse than the sugar, tastes awful and sweet tea is revolting to me.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2014, 06:05:41 AM »
     When my grandparents came over from Germany and Check, they had to learn them English language and assimilate into this countrys laws and triditions!!   Yes they had their neighborhoods where they spoke their language just like any neighborhood today does, BUT you had to learn to read, write, speak the English language, B4 you were a citizen, don't believe the crap that some are trying to TEACH you that it is OK for the ILLIGALS to come here and then we will see if they adjust.   Jim

+1 ;)

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2014, 06:29:41 AM »

+1 ;)

America took many kinds of European immigrants.  Some came from Germany, others came from Eastern Europe.  There were broad differences in assimilation though, culturally for many of Europe's immigrants. Some blended better than others.  All, though, did learn the English language.  You never saw all this bi-lingual assistance everywhere.  Likewise, there was no need to say We Celebrate Diversity.  The 1960's brought it to a much higher level.  But even in the early 1900's, there were problems.  In 1924 there was a strong debate about what kind of immigrants.   ;)
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2014, 01:05:34 PM »
If you want to put all these chemicals in your body just to get a sugar high, enjoy!!!

They don't create a sugar high.  They are natural substances that keep you from getting fat in the first place.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline FPH

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2014, 01:32:38 PM »
Just what does it do to a diabetic to cause such a instant reaction?  It has been proven that one cola per day will cause you to gain 10 lbs i  a year.  How is refined sugar called "natural"?   

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2014, 02:19:24 PM »
That's why you drink diet soda.

Offline lgm270

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2014, 03:47:21 PM »
Coca Cola, like so many other corporations, have foresaken American people for every other race and nationality in the world.  STOP BUYING PRODUCTS FROM CORPORATIONS WHO ARE WORKING  TO DISPOSSESS YOU AND REPLACE YOU WITH FOREIGNERS.

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2014, 05:38:40 PM »
No wonder they don't support voter ID

Coke abandons conservative group over voter ID

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/05/coke-and-pepsi-abandon-conservative-group-over-voter-id-gun-laws/

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2014, 05:46:40 PM »
"The company used such an iconic song, one often sung in churches on the 4th of July that represents the old 'E Pluribus Unum' view of how American society is integrated, to push multiculturalism down our throats."

—Breitbart's Michael Leahy, denouncing Coca-Cola's Super Bowl ad in which Americans sang "America the Beautiful" in their native languages

Offline PineyCreek22

• Avid Poster
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2014, 05:49:25 PM »
When I look at the composition of our military forces I see a lot of young people; black, white, hispanic, native American and others male and female ready and willing to go into harms way to protect the right of all of us to speak whatever language we want to.   That includes xenophobic homophobic old white guys too.  Just saying.  Piney Creek
custom .357 mag monoblock, custom 30-30 Handi

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2014, 02:23:52 AM »
when you dictate what a citizen must be or do then that citizen is no longer free . Offer services in English ( funny we want our language to be called English not American  ;)) if the citizen can't speak English then let then provide the interpreter .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline jhm

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2014, 06:15:52 AM »
     LGM270 my point exactly!  Nothing else needs to be said abt. it let your Dollar do your talking for you!   That is something ALL Companys understand NO MATTER WHAT LANGUAGE you chose to use!   Jim

Online DDZ

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2014, 11:45:52 AM »
I never watched the whole video until now, due to it being sickening. I see they had to add two homosexual dads with an adopted daughter roller skating then hugging to the already sickening add. Great huh?  Yes Coke has every right to run what add they want to, its their money, but they could have got their message across, to sell their product with a thousand other adds, without using the song America The Beautiful and making it into some multicultural statement. Or having two gay dads and a daughter to make a pro homosexual statement. They have me sold. As long as I'm vertical, I'll never buy another one of their stinking products ever again. I've seen some pathetic adds run before, but this one is disgusting.
Here is a list of their products if anyone else is interested.

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/brands/all/
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2014, 11:54:36 AM »
Holy Moly...I'm already boycotting Coca-Cola as I don't purchase ANY of their products now, except an occasional bottled or canned Coke or Sprite, which I will pleasantly do without in favor of 7-Up, RC or Pepsi, when water or Gatorade just won't do.

Offline powderman

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2014, 04:25:43 PM »
When I look at the composition of our military forces I see a lot of young people; black, white, hispanic, native American and others male and female ready and willing to go into harms way to protect the right of all of us to speak whatever language we want to.   That includes xenophobic homophobic old white guys too.  Just saying.  Piney Creek

Just how many different languages should our military officers give orders in at the same time in battle?? POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2014, 04:41:04 PM »

I remember well, a Cadre SSG that got the point across about speaking English to Mexican speaking soldiers at Ft Hood Tx. They learned the language or kept their mouth's shut. He was direct about it. You want to be an American soldier, then speak the language of an American soldier...............ENGLISH!

Amazing! How much English they learned in 8 weeks ;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline powderman

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2014, 04:45:48 PM »

I remember well, a Cadre SSG that got the point across about speaking English to Mexican speaking soldiers at Ft Hood Tx. They learned the language or kept their mouth's shut. He was direct about it. You want to be an American soldier, then speak the language of an American soldier...............ENGLISH!

Amazing! How much English they learned in 8 weeks ;)

Good for him. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »

Just how many different languages should our military officers give orders in at the same time in battle?? POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)

+1
You beat me to it PM ;)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2014, 06:17:37 PM »
Up here in the true North we don't have the Spanish lingo much in use. Now French is another thing. Established as the official second language it is a pita all the way around.

When I look at any bilingual texts, it takes noticeable more words in French than in English to get the same message across.

No wonder the Brits beat the French in most Battles. ;D ;D
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2014, 06:59:08 PM »
Coca Cola, like so many other corporations, have foresaken American people for every other race and nationality in the world.  STOP BUYING PRODUCTS FROM CORPORATIONS WHO ARE WORKING  TO DISPOSSESS YOU AND REPLACE YOU WITH FOREIGNERS.

I already did stop buying it.  Too sweet for my taste.  But that doesn't change anything.  What we need to do is more than change the beverage, we need to change the media who give us these stupid ads.  One step in that direction would be a step in the right direction.   8)

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2014, 08:49:40 PM »
No more Coke or Cheerios for me.

Spanky