Author Topic: Liberal paradise  (Read 2761 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Liberal paradise
« on: February 03, 2014, 11:31:51 PM »
  A factual analysis;
``````````````````````````````````````````

A "Liberal Paradise" would be a place where everybody has guaranteed
 employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing,
free utilities, and only Law Enforcement has guns.
And believe it or not, such a place does indeed exist ……it's called prison.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Liberal paradise
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 06:21:09 AM »
Since libs don't believe in our Constitution and real freedom, my suggestion would be that they give Sheriff Joe's conclusion a try. 
Swingem

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 06:36:57 AM »
So what's the answer?  Take away the Middle Class jobs by importing new workers and also their free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities?  That's the solution provided by many of our Republicans.  Better vote Democrat and at least keep some of the freebies  when our people are down. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 08:16:42 AM »
  Well; the truth finally emerges..  By observing Hairy's rigid defense of Barry both here and in the thread "Obama dances in Africa" it suddenly becomes clear. 
   Old Hairy has "come out" as an avid Obama supporter. ;D ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 08:35:38 AM »
So what's the answer?  Take away the Middle Class jobs by importing new workers and also their free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities?  That's the solution provided by many of our Republicans.  Better vote Democrat and at least keep some of the freebies  when our people are down.
That makes absolutely no sense from any aspect.

Circular reasoning at best.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 09:13:43 AM »
look at the people on welfare , the numbers and those "out of a job" then look at the imported workers . Hummmm Is it hard to see if some did not receive so much freebies THEY WOULD HAVE TO GET A JOB AND LESS WORKERS WOULD NEED TO BE IMPORTED ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 09:40:54 AM »
Obama claims welfare roles are down. We now have a new name for welfare. It is called unemployment compensation.

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 11:45:32 AM »
That makes absolutely no sense from any aspect.
Circular reasoning at best.
[/l][/l][/l][/l]
This is you.  Just like your smilies. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqy91GnS-Bg
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 12:36:01 PM »
  Hairy;
  I noticed you didn't deny being an Obama supporter.. 

..And you are as quick as he at deflecting the discussion so you can avoid any need to explain. ;)

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 01:29:48 PM »
  Hairy;
  I noticed you didn't deny being an Obama supporter.. 

..And you are as quick as he at deflecting the discussion so you can avoid any need to explain. ;)

Not at all.  I pushed for Obama in the last election.  I don't know where you've been to not remember that.  My voting record is Buchanan/Foster 2000, Kerry/Edwards 2004, McCain/Palin 2008, Obama/Biden 2012.  That's twice, by the way, I've voted for an African American candidate.  That dispels the notion of racism.     

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 02:07:09 PM »
Racism doesn't just run one way... it's a two way street!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 05:59:07 PM »
You guys have your 2016 worry, mine will be sometime in 2015.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline GrassLakeRon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 12:30:58 AM »
Liberal Paradise.... A world free from other people telling them what to do, having dominion on others and their persons. 

The same oddly might be said is conservatives paradise....the difference is one side still pushes harder then the other.  The same group that "believes" theirs is the only way and that bodies are not theirs.....

Joe, BTW, is a real prize......I just can't fathom why you idealize him.  The last person who was that zealous was ole J. Edger..... and we all know what he had in his past.  I think Joe has a few as well..... Joe would love to be back in 1950's America, which most in here think as well.......

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 02:00:03 AM »
GLR, I was born in the mid 50's. Only remember bits and pieces of it. Early 60's I can remember pretty well. And, ya know what, I do wish I could go back to those times. Seems that most people were a lot happier back then. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline GrassLakeRon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 03:18:46 AM »
Unless you were in Detroit or LA in 1968.....  There are a few groups that would never relive that time period.  Peace is an interesting term..... One side see peace as everyone being equal and the they are bond by one's own destiny to be whatever they want to be....The other sees peace as everyone like their way of doing business and their own agenda is the rule of the land..... Vastly different....

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 03:24:34 AM »
Detroit in 1960's.... manufacturing, automobiles, jobs...  racism, yes.

Detroit now... no monufacturing, few cars being built, few jobs, whole sections of town without business or stores, rampant unemployment, rampant drugs, rampant gangs,  still racism...  white folks don't go there.

NGH
"I feared for my life!"

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 07:06:36 AM »
Liberal Paradise.... A world free from other people telling them what to do, having dominion on others and their persons. 

The same oddly might be said is conservatives paradise....the difference is one side still pushes harder then the other.  The same group that "believes" theirs is the only way and that bodies are not theirs.....

Joe, BTW, is a real prize......I just can't fathom why you idealize him.  The last person who was that zealous was ole J. Edger..... and we all know what he had in his past.  I think Joe has a few as well..... Joe would love to be back in 1950's America, which most in here think as well.......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well Ron, I don't have any idea what you remember about the 1950s..or if you were even alive then, but the 1950s was my high school and early military years, so I have a fair grasp of actual, not hand-me-down versions of the 1950s.

We have advanced in just three ways since then;

1) Technology has exploded.

2) Medicine has made great advances.

3) Racism was a fact back then, although Pres Eisenhower was making advances in the field.

However, we have lost in our culture, decency and human relations in many ways:

1) The vast majority of people were brought up expecting they had to work and pay their own way in the world.

2) Illegitimate child birth was nearly non-existent and as I recall those girls who were caught up in that, eventually found someone who was man enough to accept her.

3) The USA had a fairly uniform set of values, and it made no difference if the citizen were "churched' or "unchurched".

4) America had a common language..we nearthe Canadian border could see the confusion caused by multiple languages.

5) There was a distinctly American culture, and it crossed all barriers..race, religion, ethnicity etc.

6) As with many cultures we had operating "stigmas"..drunks, dopers, cheats, heavy gamblers, illegitimacy, homosexualism, envy, jealousy and living like a moral pig...all had their "stigmas".  These were not impossible for one to shake off..turning away from such things could redeem a person.

7) We knew what to expect of both ourselves and our neighbors, and usually could depend upon that knowledge.

8) Guns were ubiquitous and not registered..homicide was comparatively rare and school shootings virtually non-existent.

9) We had private areas of our lives,which are now being exploited by this advanced technology.

10) "Sue hungry" neighbors and lawyers were equally rare.

11) Government stayed out of our family room, e.g, discipline of children, what we ate, etc..They stayed out of our gun cabinet also..

12) Bill of Rights was honored, guns, freedom of speech(no political correctness) and no small, pesky regulations.

13) as a teenager, I used to sling my Winchester model 47A and walk through the town where I attended high school, to hunt squirrels and woodchucks with my friend.. try that today..it's the degrading of our culture

Now, that's a start, although I could add many more.

Offline Casull

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 01:45:55 PM »

Really?  How do they resolve that idea with the following:  Gun control regulations; hate speech regulations; hate crime regulations; business regulations (x 1,000,000); confiscutory tax rate regulations; EPA regulations (x 1,000,000); limitation of conservative viewpoint regulations (i.e. Fairness Doctrine)? 

Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 02:14:22 PM »
The true liberal's paradise

Offline DDZ

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 11:46:52 PM »

Really?  How do they resolve that idea with the following:  Gun control regulations; hate speech regulations; hate crime regulations; business regulations (x 1,000,000); confiscutory tax rate regulations; EPA regulations (x 1,000,000); limitation of conservative viewpoint regulations (i.e. Fairness Doctrine)?

Kind of what I was thinking. Liberals love nothing other than to tell people what to do or how how they should live their lives  Then they claim that they have no part in that.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline GrassLakeRon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 12:36:11 AM »

So hate is ok.  So to then would be pollution and harming fellow humans poor business practices. 

How about pushing one religion on folks, would that be fair?  How about Islam?  Would you stand for that?  No?  Well how about those pushing christianity on folks?  It is the same as one side pushing islam....Yet you don't see it that way.

What about prayer in schools?  Only if it is Islam.  What, you cry NO.... Well think of the others in class including those who don't have or don't believe.....

How about the use of public lands, payed for by you, to go to have a statue of Mohammed hugging children?  What, you don't want that?  Yet you want all shorts of christian signs and symbols, so thats ok right?

Burn a flag have we?  No, freedom of speech ah?  Don't stand for that, so there needs to be a law right? 

How about bedroom practices?  How about me tell you what you can do to your ole lady?  No you say, yet their are laws on the books pushed by christian groups telling me what is fine and not fine. 

How about abortion?  My wife's body... Yet you want control there to.

How about gun control?  Well give them to three time hardened Felons then.  What, No you say..... Why?  You want protection for some?  How about mentally ill folks? They need a thompson.... How about radical religious folks?  Give them all a 1911.... Arm the whole world......and let everyone kill each other....sound like a plan?   You really need a clue.  You want some protection, yet you complain about others. 

Sounds like this group want anarchy.  Where was I reading a post about doing away with the constitution, oh yes, this group.  That is BTW the MOST LIBERAL of all ideas.

What it sounds like is you want what you want and screw everyone else....... No taxes, No regulations, No one telling me what to say and how to say it..... That is Anarchy....That is Liberal......

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 02:33:07 AM »
there is not and can't be a paradise for liberals they can only exist in turmoil , one crisis to another. Paradise notes satisfied and do we know of one example of a liberal that is satisfied ? no the exist to get more.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline magooch

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 03:46:49 AM »
It's pretty easy to make an argument if you get to set up the straw-men--right?

Let's just keep it simple and say that a liberal's paradise would be where they get to make all the rules and don't have a pesky Constitution to bother with.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2014, 05:14:49 AM »

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Poor TB;
  He is so uninformed... He can answer to that same Jesus some day... if he is following the usual Liberal group-think..

Alluding to the usual Liberal group-think, does he believe that:

A) That Jesus wouldn't mind if half those children surrounding Him were absent, having been murdered in abortion factories. ?

B) That he would be encouraging those youngsters round Him to be sexually promiscuous ?

C) He would be telling these youngsters that far from being "made in the image of God"; they are just one evolutionary step from monkeys ?

D) That he would be encouraging those two girls under His right hand, that they should get married ?

E) Or that the boys to His immediate left and right, should be eyeing one-another in a sexual way ?

F)  That He would be telling them that the adults present should live in luxury, while passing the bills on to the children, such as he has on His arm ?

G) Or perhaps you may think that He is pleading the case for legalizing sorcery ("recreational" drugs)..

... Now do you have a inkling about how confused you are, TB ?

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2014, 06:32:57 AM »

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Poor TB;
  He is so uninformed... He can answer to that same Jesus some day... if he is following the usual Liberal group-think..

Alluding to the usual Liberal group-think, does he believe that:

A) That Jesus wouldn't mind if half those children surrounding Him were absent, having been murdered in abortion factories. ?

B) That he would be encouraging those youngsters round Him to be sexually promiscuous ?

C) He would be telling these youngsters that far from being "made in the image of God"; they are just one evolutionary step from monkeys ?

D) That he would be encouraging those two girls under His right hand, that they should get married ?

E) Or that the boys to His immediate left and right, should be eyeing one-another in a sexual way ?

F)  That He would be telling them that the adults present should live in luxury, while passing the bills on to the children, such as he has on His arm ?

G) Or perhaps you may think that He is pleading the case for legalizing sorcery ("recreational" drugs)..

... Now do you have a inkling about how confused you are, TB ?

NAILED IT! ;)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2014, 04:31:05 PM »
  Perhaps TB thinks Jesus should speak to that little girl He's holding and say .. "your Mom was in poverty, you should have been aborted"..

That is an awfully crude explanation... but it PROVES how ill informed Liberals like TB really are.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2014, 05:00:11 PM »
G L Ron tells Casull'

" How about gun control?  Well give them to three time hardened Felons then.  What, No you say..... Why?  You want protection for some?  How about mentally ill folks? They need a thompson.... How about radical religious folks?  Give them all a 1911.... Arm the whole world......and let everyone kill each other....sound like a plan?   You really need a clue.  You want some protection, yet you complain about others. "
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ron; that sounds very much like what Obama, Holder and company did with FAST & FURIOUS.. Armed the drug cartels with class A military weapons, those cartels are likely the most dangerous criminal factions in the world.. ;) ;D ;D ;D

Offline GrassLakeRon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2014, 12:06:01 AM »
G L Ron tells Casull'

" How about gun control?  Well give them to three time hardened Felons then.  What, No you say..... Why?  You want protection for some?  How about mentally ill folks? They need a thompson.... How about radical religious folks?  Give them all a 1911.... Arm the whole world......and let everyone kill each other....sound like a plan?   You really need a clue.  You want some protection, yet you complain about others. "
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ron; that sounds very much like what Obama, Holder and company did with FAST & FURIOUS.. Armed the drug cartels with class A military weapons, those cartels are likely the most dangerous criminal factions in the world.. ;) ;D ;D ;D

Just think, we could do the same with lots of groups here in the US...there are just as bad.

Ron

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2014, 01:00:21 AM »
Ron;
  I think you are being a bit disingenuous here.  Although most here support the 2nd amendment (as you should), I cannot recall a single person here recommending that the criminal drug gangs be provided state-of-the-art combat weapons ..or even worn out shotguns.  It appears that only Obama, Hillary and Holder thought arming the cartels was a good idea.

Offline GrassLakeRon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 01:15:19 AM »
Ron;
  I think you are being a bit disingenuous here.  Although most here support the 2nd amendment (as you should), I cannot recall a single person here recommending that the criminal drug gangs be provided state-of-the-art combat weapons ..or even worn out shotguns.  It appears that only Obama, Hillary and Holder thought arming the cartels was a good idea.

To be honest...no I do not wish certain folks to get guns.  The problem is we do need laws.  Whenever you get people together we as a species fight.  That is why religion was invented in the first place, for laws to be set so people could live together.  Name a religion that doesnt have rules or laws to live by.  I would have loved to experience the world before laws as we know it but that will never come around again.  As liberal as you believe I am, I am conservative on many things... but at the heart of a conservative is to maintain the status quo....which means law and order.

Ron