Author Topic: new to reloading  (Read 867 times)

Offline jdl41389

• Trade Count: (2)
new to reloading
« on: February 08, 2014, 03:17:25 PM »
Well I finally took the plunge and started to reload for a 223 handi  that I got as a barrel from northkid area months ago and put on BC frame. Pete talked me into it always recomending it. Him and Dinny that is anyway I loaded a few with the only powder could find H335 over again only bullets I could find some 55gr FM hornadys and was really surprised at the accuracy that I got on first try .5 shot group  about 1/2 inch or less with one called flier about an inch off at a hundred yards 4 shots touching .really appreciate you guys talk me into anew bad habit to go along with my hand I addiction

Thanks JDL

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: new to reloading
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 03:19:59 PM »
i'm glad to hear it worked out for you
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »
Stop trying to blame everyone else ;D

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Central Michigan
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 06:35:55 PM »
Congrats.  My .223 bull barrel was exactly the same.  I found it heavier than I wanted, so I went to a Superlite Barrel, which does heat up some, but the first two are always dead on.  ;)  If I don't need to shoot a bunch, it'll do almost the same group size.  8)
Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.

Offline jeepmann1948

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (67)
  • San Angelo, Texas
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 10:49:59 PM »
I am so glad someone else has finally noticed Pete and Dinny for what they really are !!!
Nice guys (Handi Talk for enablers)
Also glad to have them for  my friends
George
"it ain't what you shoot em with......................
  it's where you hit em "

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 04:15:28 AM »
I am so glad someone else has finally noticed Pete and Dinny for what they really are !!!
Nice guys (Handi Talk for enablers)
Also glad to have them for  my friends
George

I've gotten so good at helping enabling that I don't even remember doing it sometimes.  :o  :D

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline Goatwhiskers

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 04:31:10 AM »
That's kinda like thanking someone for introducing you to meth.  First get 'em shooting Handi's, then show 'em the basics of reloading.  Once you're hooked there's no going back.  I've been handloading over 50 years, now up to 5 Handi's in 22Hornet,.223, 7mm Mauser, .44Mag, and now .444Marlin, plus 2 other single shots.  Where does it stop?  GW

Offline JB Weld

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
  • Fix anything from brokn heart to the crack of dawn
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 04:44:18 AM »
I am a newbie hand-loader too! It really is a sickness. I have already started buying Dies for rifles I don't even have! I just cannot stop myself! Is there a Hornady 12 step program? HA! I will be loading 3030 Win this afternoon. I prepped about 100 cases yesterday evening. Last week I made a trade for an electric 20# pot (with bottom pour), 60# of pure lead ingots, 6 bullet - 9mm mold and about 1000 cast 9mm bullets. I think the REAL trouble is just getting ready to start! Woo-hoo.

"Buy the Dies and the rifle will come"

"Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."  ~Stonewall Jackson~  24 July 1861

Sappers Forward - 12BP

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 05:53:35 AM »
My first stand alone Dies were new Echo's for 10 bucks.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline jdl41389

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 06:35:44 AM »
George I didn't mean to leave out you and quick an many others in helping to convince me into reloading I am just not very good at putting things down in writing as you can see with my. Spelling ability. Thanks to all I think

JDL

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 08:08:10 AM »
I can just hear it now" "Another one bites the dust!"
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline jeepmann1948

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (67)
  • San Angelo, Texas
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 02:47:49 PM »
JB yes there is a 12 step program for Handiholics...................................

They just buy 12 more Handis ;D ;D ;D ;D

JDL
 No apologies necessary as you will find out by hanging here EVERYONE is polite,nice and helpful and ifin they aint we ship to Pete's special place on the UP for meditation and cooling off ::)
Good Luck and Happy Trails
George
"it ain't what you shoot em with......................
  it's where you hit em "