Author Topic: OT: Thanks Tim!  (Read 812 times)

Offline RPRNY

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
OT: Thanks Tim!
« on: February 09, 2014, 12:39:05 PM »
This weekend was the Southern Vermont Primitive Biathlon in Manchester VT.  http://www.svtpb.org/

Very well organized event with great turn-out despite pretty cold weather. In any event, when I decided to do the event in the Fall, Tim very kindly offered to send me all his Rendezvous gear for postage!  So,  here's a photo of your gear being put to good use, Tim:

My result wasn't impressive. The Strategy may have been sound but the Execution didn't go off. Targets were quite small and, offhand at fifty yards, I knew that I and many others would struggle. There were four stations, three with 2 shots and the last with 3 shots, five minutes off your time for each target hit, so a potential 45 mins off over a course that might reasonably completed at full tilt in 35 minutes.

I'm in pretty good shape, so I decided that if I could get one or two targets early and then leg it as fast as possible, I could be competitive. I got one target at the first station (must have been sheer random luck). So I legged it.  I was passing timed competitors (we were sent off in five minute gaps) all around, sweating profusely and after the second station, probably unable to get my heart rate down to where I would have hit anything anyway. But I was making excellent time. Until, I arrived at what I thought was the third station and was actually the last. I had been so focused on making time that I had somehow missed the third station. By the time I went back and shot it and got back to the final, with no more hits, I was well out of it  :(

Would have gone a second time but there was several hours wait and it was too cold for my bones. So, next year!

But thanks again to Tim for the excellent gear!!!
[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments.  ;) [/spoof]

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: OT: Thanks Tim!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 04:58:30 PM »
Glad you could use em, congrats!   ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 05:10:20 PM »
Where ya located RPRNY? I live right in Hoosick Falls and work in Bennington. I heard about the event from the guys who run Lost Target shooting supplies... they were planning on going.
It's nice to have another local guy on the forum. :)

Spanky

Offline RPRNY

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 05:21:32 PM »
Pseudo local. I'm in Westchester but we have an old family house in Halifax VT, South of Route 9 between Wilmington and Brattleboro.

It was a really well.run event and lots of fun.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments.  ;) [/spoof]

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 07:45:13 AM »
With the Winter Olympics Bi. I was just thinking of such; thanx for the story and pic! (its a good look on ya)
You should have taken the H&R  ;D ; I know those guys dont think suppository loaders are ever going to catch on, but..........
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 10:55:11 AM »
I can't begin to enumerate the times Tim has helped me out over the years.  All I can tell you he is not only a great Moderator, but an equally great friend and adviser.  Brian56 may know Handis as well as Tim, but he's the only one coming close. 

It goes a long way beyond just knowing and doing Handis.  Tim is a friend to us all, doing anything he can to help you or me, often without concern for his personal time or investment. He's a rare and special person. He kinda restores your faith in humanity.

You're loved and appreciated, Tim.

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 11:36:52 AM »
Tim is a friend to us all, doing anything he can to help you or me, often without concern for his personal time or investment. He's a rare and special person. He kinda restores your faith in humanity.

You're loved and appreciated, Tim.

Pete

That pretty much sums it up. Well said Pete. ;)

Spanky

Offline Goatwhiskers

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 11:48:53 AM »
What pete said, I cannot add anything.  GW

Offline revbc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (94)
    • NewLife Worship Center
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 12:19:47 PM »
That's for sure!!!  What Pete said.
Pastor, NewLife Worship Center
(Retired) Automotive Technology Instructor, West Feliciana High School
Avid Shooter, Hunter, Fisherman and owner of Handi Rifles

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 12:44:27 PM »
Aw shucks, thanks guys, twern't nothing.  :-[

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline the_spotdoctor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 12:45:38 PM »
I will second that, Tim has gone out of his way several times to help me. And another thing about The big "T", never judgemental, hard to find these days.Thanks Tim.