Author Topic: Peep sight advice  (Read 506 times)

Offline montveil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Peep sight advice
« on: February 10, 2014, 05:09:57 AM »
I would like to put a peep sight on my Handi 223 and 22 Mag for hunting and not target shooting.
Would like something less than $50, if possible.
Any suggestions, if so , could you include model #
Thanks for any sggestions
MONTVEIL IN THE NC MOUNTAINS

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Peep sight advice
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 05:26:28 AM »
See Peep and Firesights in the FAQs, the Williams WGRS sells for about $30 from H&R. The WGRS works real good as a ghost ring without the aperture installed, or with the Twilight aperture, I've used both for hunting with muzzleloaders here for years paired with a fiber optic front sight.

There's a Marbles Bullseye sight link in the FAQs too, I think it's less than $20.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
Re: Peep sight advice
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 07:40:16 AM »
The Nodak, Skinner or Williams are pretty much the choices and only the Williams at your price restriction; all screw on at the two back scope rail holes so if you want sights and scope rail you have to go another way; ie, the NECG peep (pricey) to mount on a Weaver type base or the Williams WGRS for muzzleloaders or such (which as a flat bottom) and D/T the rail to mount it 'between the rings'.
BTW, if that is the case, the peep mounted on the rail is going to be so high that your front sight will be a monster high (commonly referred to as a 'gut hook'), but it would work. The front sight is going to be more troublesome to choose and mount than the rear peep.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974