Author Topic: What is your opinion???  (Read 1115 times)

Offline buffermop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
What is your opinion???
« on: February 10, 2014, 01:29:51 PM »
What is your opinion of RCBS products?

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
Re: What is your opinion???
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 02:41:26 PM »
I haven't bought any new  RCBS products lately but I really like my Uniflow powder measure and I think bout 70% of my dies are RCBS.  I also have some size dies etc. They are and have been the industry standard for years.  Seems like the fierce competition keeps the product quality up for all the common brands tho with the recent reloading binge, I see comments on QC lapses lately.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline okie44

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 02:54:32 PM »
My bench has a lot of different colors, no complaints with the green stuff. Uniflow most likely good as any, better than most.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 03:27:55 PM »
nary a problem with my old stuff
and most of the stuff i bought
new except for one set of dies.
i tried several times to contact
rcbs by phone, mail, and e-mail.
not a peep from them. they've
since been replaced with some
lee dies that have worked great.
i have a mix of lyman, lee, redding,
rcbs, c-h on my bench, and use
'em all. i would hate to see that
rcbs turned into a remlin type operation.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 03:50:16 PM »
A lot of years ago RCBS set the standard.  Since then others have tried in vane to emulate their success in quality.  Still others have surpassed the bar in spades.  Like most others I have every color of the reloading rainbow on the bench and for a good reason. 

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 04:06:58 PM »
Old RCBS was made in America, top quality machinist grade tools. Todays RCBS is made in China retail crap. Everything I've bought in the last 10 years with RCBS name on it was either defective or just didn't work. They will refund you your money though, no questions asked.

Offline Flynmoose

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 04:13:01 PM »
I have and use a lot of RCBS equipment and dies. I also have some Redding and Lee dies, no complaints with them.
FM
Dear God please protect our troops, especially the snipers.

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 04:43:12 PM »

I have 30 year old RCBS dies and new RCBS dies and they all work for me.  Also have a 30 year old single stage press that is my range press that works great.  RCBS even replaced a few parts free on the old stuff when it was given to me.  The chargemaster combo is absolutely awesome.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 06:06:22 PM »
I bought my Rock Chucker press in '68. Still loading with it. I use RCBS, Lyman, and some Lee dies, but given a choice all other things equal- I would pick RCBS. They have always had great customer service as far as I know.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 06:56:31 PM »
I have 40 year old RCBS equipment, as well as new production.  All are top quality, and work just fine.  They have some of the best Customer Service in the business.  When a motor failed in an old case tumbler, they shipped me a new motor overnight shipping, no questions asked.  I just purchased several new dies, and they are as well made as any Redding or Hornaday dies I own.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 12:47:39 AM »
great stuff and its backed by a bulletproff warantee
blue lives matter

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 01:27:24 AM »
RCBS is some of the best along with Redding , Lyman and lee have a few good products. Hornady seems to be in the middle.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Drilling Man

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 04:28:36 AM »
What is your opinion of RCBS products?

I like them...

DM

Offline scooter1979

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 10:10:16 AM »
Ive used alot of their stuff and still do, my press, most of my dies, powder measure etc.....Ive not had any trouble whatsoever. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Offline buck460XVR

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 11:05:56 AM »
Years ago when I first got into handloading, I asked what I should get. The overwhelming response was RCBS. I have yet to be disappointed. While if I was looking for a progressive press, I would look somewhere else, Their SS Presses, dies and other reloading equipment are top notch.
"where'd you get the gun....son?"

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 06:32:16 PM »
Old RCBS was made in America, top quality machinist grade tools. Todays RCBS is made in China retail crap. Everything I've bought in the last 10 years with RCBS name on it was either defective or just didn't work. They will refund you your money though, no questions asked.
RCBS dies made in China?  I kinda doubt it.  I have yet to see that label on their dies.  All the RCBS products I've purchase.  Including a  .223Rem SB dies (purchased in December 2013), and the extra Hand Priming tool, which I purchased last month are US made.  They all worked as advertised.  You sure your using/adjusting the tool/dies/equipment correctly?
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 06:42:58 PM »
Sorry a little off subject.  I too have dies from: Redding, RCBS, Dillon, Hornady, Pacific, Lyman, and Lee.  Tho I have to confess, most of the boxes are green. 

I also have a rainbow collection of scales, both mechanical (RCBS green), electronic (Dillon blue), an inertia bullet puller (Quinetics green), a couple of single stage presses (RCBS), and progressive presses (Dillon).

My point is that although, I buy reloading equipment from different companies, I'm very happy with my RCBS stuff.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.