Author Topic: don't ya just love democrats  (Read 506 times)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
don't ya just love democrats
« on: February 11, 2014, 01:47:26 PM »
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: don't ya just love democrats
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 02:19:41 PM »

I love some! Love some Republicans too! ;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Hairy Chest

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 03:24:29 PM »

I love some! Love some Republicans too! ;)

Good.  We never seem to get farther than that, but there is agreement there.  Too many, though, are afraid to discuss immigration.  Those who vote Republican and allow the borders to stay open elected Obama.  You can blame the entire Republican party since Reagan for doing that. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 05:37:18 PM »
I assumed we were talking about the guys who voted for this:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/11/boehner-says-gop-to-advance-clean-debt-limit-hike/?intcmp=latestnews

but that can't be, those guys have Rs next to their name, and stand for fiscal respons...  ... ...

I can't even even type something that stupid...  how in the hell do some of you believe it?

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 12:15:51 PM »
It's the Religion of Republicanism.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Casull

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 01:17:31 PM »
but that can't be, those guys have Rs next to their name, and stand for fiscal respons...  ... ...

Actually most of them had Ds next to their names.  193 democrats and 28 Republicans.  So, less than 15% of the Republicans voted the wrong way and you can't understand that, dukkiller?  Surely you're brighter than that.  Unless you just don't understand that 85% of the party doing the right thing is not a bad thing.  Are all Republicans conservative?  Hell no.  But, that doesn't justify the scorn that some of you throw out against all Republicans.  Unless of course some of you just aren't bright enough to understand that a party as large as the Republicans is not going to be 100% homogenous.  Only the democrats seem to be able to get all of their members to go the same way (I'm still not sure how they pull that one off).
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 03:12:55 PM »
Being that you're perhaps the most ardent "party line" guy here, I'm sure you knew who voted FOR it?  Among others, that would be the speaker, and his #2.  THE LEADERSHIP, such as it is in the House.  Help me out on this one, because maybe I don't understand, who picked him for speaker?  As in, exactly who votes on the speaker.

See, guys like you are the problem.  You allow yourself to allow allegiance to determine what you believe, rather than the opposite.  The Republicans exist because of guys like you, as do the Democrats.  They throw you just enough bones to keep you loyal while keeping their business as usual.  The government will NEVER get smaller as long as people stick to parties because they are counting on the parties to give up power.

But, if you're OK with what happened, by all means, just say so.  If not, then I can only assume you're arguing to protect...  Oh wait...  right...

Offline Casull

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 03:36:24 PM »
You allow yourself to allow allegiance to determine what you believe, rather than the opposite.

Why, that is mighty big of you, telling me what I believe.  Fact is, much of what goes on in the Republican party bothers me greatly.  However, unlike yourself, I don't see voting for fringe candidates that have no shot at winning as being a better alternative.  BTW, as to those who voted for the Speaker, I believe that would have also included the Tea Party representatives, that frankly, I would like to see more of.

See, guys like you are the problem.

Hmmmm, would that qualify as a person attack.  I better check with a moderator.
Aim small, miss small!!!