Author Topic: Survival stock.  (Read 682 times)

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • boojum@frontiernet.net
Survival stock.
« on: February 18, 2014, 12:02:18 AM »
How much storage room in the Survival stock? Any pics?

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
Re: Handi grip stock.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 12:16:51 AM »
You are thinking Survivor stock, not handi-grip.The handi grip has Zero storage.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline boojum

• boojum@frontiernet.net
Re: Survival stock.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 04:56:44 AM »
Thanks twoshooter.

Offline gjdykeman

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 01:13:11 AM »
How much storage room in the Survival stock? Any pics?

I used to have all my handys on surviver stocks, not anymore. Only one now. My 223, 24", bull barrel. I have two store arms. One has a bipod permanently installed, and one plain. I use my 12g on this also, SB2. When mounted up with the 12g all the storage is used. I have three 12g shells in the store arm. 1 00 buck, one slug, and one 7-1/2 field. In the stock storage, I have my 6" 41 mag rifled insert and 10 rounds of high speed ammo. It also wears a large limbsaver in this configuration. The weight helps with the stout recoil also. This barrel is DT with muzzleloader fire sights. It is my turkey gun.
SFC US Army 32y 8m 13d RET

Offline Hunter6657

• Trade Count: (62)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 04:50:16 AM »
The cavity in the survivor stock has two cavities separated by a partition. The larger cavity is aprox. 1" wide by 2" long by 6 3/4" deep.  The smaller cavity is 1" x 1" x 6.75" deep. The partititon is 5.5" long from the bottom of the cavity to its top which leaves a full space in the stock near the buttpad of 3 1/4"L x 1"W x 1.25"D.
Depending on caliber you could store a lot of rounds in there along with fish line/hooks/sinkers, rolled up space blanket, matches, small compass, etc. Mine is on a 357 Magnum rifle so it will hold a lot of ammo.
The forend has 3 compartments that are:  Forward compartment 2"L x 1"W x 7/8"D, Middle Compartment 3.25"L x 1"W x 5/8" deep at the barrel mount recess to 7/8" at the forward partition, Rear compartment 2 7/8"L x 1"W x 5/8"(barrel recess)-7/8" at rear channel.
I can get 21rds of 357 ammo plus room for fish hooks with line wrapped around them and a small compass in there plus you could probably stuff some paper/cotton/kleenex and or matches in there for kindling and to reduce or eliminate rattle in the forend alone.
God created man, Col. Colt made him equal.

Offline MadMathemagician

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 07:21:00 AM »
The partition in the stock is held in place by friction.   It comes out fairly  easy or can be moved to a different position.
Survivor .410/.45
Survivor .308
Topper 20 gauge
Pardner 12 gauge

Offline boojum

• boojum@frontiernet.net
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 08:33:09 AM »
Thanks for ALL the informative responses.I can now make a knowledgeable decision.