Author Topic: Rifle primers in 357.  (Read 511 times)

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
Rifle primers in 357.
« on: February 18, 2014, 11:35:45 AM »
I have never had any sm pistol mag primers, I am shooting the ammo in a rifle and have used sm rifle primers. I have not had any problems. Have any of you shot both, or do you know of either one being better than the other? I have sm rifle , but if the mag pistol would be a significant improvement I would look for some.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline Larry L

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Rifle primers in 357.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 02:26:16 PM »
Per tech at CCI, the small magnum pistol primers and small rifle primers are the exact same primer. The small pistol primer has 3 micrograms less flash powder. I commonly use Federal match small rifle primers in my 357 mag loads. FWIW, the difference between match primers and normal is the operator on the machine. The one with the most experience makes match primers while the other operators make the same primers but are not labelled as match- they are in fact, the same primer. Only the operator is different on the machine.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »
Like larry said. At least in the case of ccis small rilfe and small pistol mag are the same primer
blue lives matter

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 09:27:37 PM »
Thanks, just what I wanted to know.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.