Author Topic: H&R Speical Forces model.  (Read 1600 times)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R Speical Forces model.
« on: February 24, 2014, 05:45:18 AM »
Some one posted about this and it was an interesting read. I saw an article the other day that was about these guns. They were built to be gifts to tribesmen in V.N. . They were marked Special Forces. Wonder how many are still in the hands of our friends over there ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline sethk

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: H&R Speical Forces model.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:52:01 AM »
Very interesting. I'd love some more information on these. I've had little luck finding any info or pics online so far. 
What I have: 30-06 Handi (2003), 12ga mod. bbl
What I want: .22lr offset (versa-pack) bbl, 357 Max bbl

"Enter into that darkness where neither the Law nor human reason gives its light, but only the dark word of faith."   - C.F.W. Walther

Read Jorge Luis Borges.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 06:55:42 AM »
That discussion was one of the 8 months of lost posts, hopefully it will be back. The guns were made in the Gardner plant for somewhere in the Pacific area and Indonesia.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline blaze

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 08:11:40 AM »
Back in Sept. '13 I made a post on Shotgunworld forum and here about an H&R "Special Forces" 12ga 2 3/4" shotgun (Topper type model, before transfer bar) with a 28" full barrel.  Bead front sight and an open rear sight mounted above the chamber area of the barrel.  Had a military finish, a sling and "Special Forces" on the side of the receiver. The shotgun was listed on Gunbroker and on 9-10-13 had a high bid of $281.00 with 12 hrs. to go.  However, the pictures have been deleted.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 08:54:41 AM »
Interesting piece of history, I wish there was more info out there on these.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline sethk

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 09:06:42 AM »
Back in Sept. '13 I made a post on Shotgunworld forum and here about an H&R "Special Forces" 12ga 2 3/4" shotgun (Topper type model, before transfer bar) with a 28" full barrel.  Bead front sight and an open rear sight mounted above the chamber area of the barrel.  Had a military finish, a sling and "Special Forces" on the side of the receiver. The shotgun was listed on Gunbroker and on 9-10-13 had a high bid of $281.00 with 12 hrs. to go.  However, the pictures have been deleted.

:) Your post there was one of the only references I was able to find. There was an old (2006) thread here at GBO started by an owner of one of these "special forces" guns, but (alas) the pictures there are gone and the owner has been absent since right after he posted about it (conspiracy?). I've even searched for references in Vietnamese language and .VN site, but to no avail.

Shootall, where did you find this article? Is anyone planning a trip to Viet Nam? If so, there are only about 70,000 privately owned shotguns there, so you might be able to track one down.
What I have: 30-06 Handi (2003), 12ga mod. bbl
What I want: .22lr offset (versa-pack) bbl, 357 Max bbl

"Enter into that darkness where neither the Law nor human reason gives its light, but only the dark word of faith."   - C.F.W. Walther

Read Jorge Luis Borges.

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 10:09:40 PM »
I will try to find the magazine , it was one of the question answer sections. They were given out to tribesmen who had helped the special forces .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !