Author Topic: Russia moving into the Ukraine  (Read 830 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Russia moving into the Ukraine
« on: February 27, 2014, 07:15:55 PM »
  I recall posting somewhere on GBO about a week ago, a prediction that Russia would move into the Ukraine.  I also predicted that Barry would do nothing about it.
  I can't seem to find that post however, no matter though.
  So Russia has moved in...   http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/02/27/armed-men-take-airport-in-ukraine-crimea-reports-say/         

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20140227/DAC7P0LG0.html

Now for the second part... let's see what Barry does about it!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Re: Russia moving into the Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 07:39:01 PM »
  In the last few weeks  expansionist nations have been making their strategic moves:

China ready to take parts of Japan...  http://freebeacon.com/china-threatens-japan-ahead-of-biden-trip/

Russia again extending her reach..   http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/russia-seeks-access-bases-eight-countries-its-ships-and-bombers

Russian spy ships sit in Cuba,  just 90 miles away and China is rapidly building a fleet of carriers... Meanwhile, Barry cuts our military to the bone..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 07:42:33 PM »
I hope we don't get involved.  We've done enough empire building.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 07:56:03 PM »
Peace through strength...

"No nation was ever attacked because it was too strong".. R Reagan

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 09:46:54 PM »
 The rest of the world might have feared and respected us both, but no more near as much. This weak prez and administration has turned the tables dramatically...there will be hell to pay for the U.S. if something doesn't change with our leadership. New polls show almost 80% of Americans realize now that something is very wrong with our President. To late i'm afraid.
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline RevJim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 09:55:30 PM »
 I'm sure President Obama is "opposed" to Russia taking over the Ukraine "again"; they had better not "cross the line" though! Samantha Powers will be all over their UN delegates if they do! Believe me, they don't want John Kerry brow beating them either!  Looks like the Cold War is back on guys! :'( :(

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 09:57:23 PM »

Naw we don't build empires we postpone what will happen costing us our youth and wealth. Only to walk away empty handed in debt.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 10:01:44 PM »
I'm sure President Obama is "opposed" to Russia taking over the Ukraine "again"; they had better not "cross the line" though! Samantha Powers will be all over their UN delegates if they do! Believe me, they don't want John Kerry brow beating them either!  Looks like the Cold War is back on guys! :'( :(

yep and now would be the time for Palin to be president . All we heard was her lack of experience to be VP when the president had less. Now with Russia rattling its saber wouldn't it be nice to have her in charge since she shared a border with them as governor ?

Offline goodshot

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 10:08:56 PM »

Friends, there will be no peace until the Prince of Peace returns.
    The final stage is being set.
    Blessings

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »
Every generation has claimed it is the end of time. The Bible says we will not know . Why make wild predictions ?

Offline spruce

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 10:36:25 PM »
Why do we need a strong military?  Barry will just draw a red line around our country, no one will dare cross that! ::)

Stern warnings and embargos from the likes of Chamberlain and FDR sure worked well in preventing WWII, so why wouldn't they work just as well now. ;)

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 10:45:59 PM »
Why do we need a strong military?  Barry will just draw a red line around our country, no one will dare cross that! ::)

Stern warnings and embargos from the likes of Chamberlain and FDR sure worked well in preventing WWII, so why wouldn't they work just as well now. ;)

Pat Buchanan says also we should not be involved.  The same goes with Syria, and the American people agree.  It's really, really not our fight. I say it's our borders we need to worry about.   8)
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 11:22:15 PM »
Every generation has claimed it is the end of time. The Bible says we will not know . Why make wild predictions ?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just a bit more study please; 
      I don't believe goodshot was talking about any "end of time" whatever that means, likely he was speaking of the end of the world system as we knmow it !
  Elsewhere, we can have a good idea of thhings as thry approach, even though we may not know the exact dayor hour ..

" "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone"  (Matthew 24:36)

Perhaps you should read from Luke 21:28-31)

" 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."  29 He told them this parable: "Look at the fig tree and all the trees.  30 When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near.  31 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near."

Offline magooch

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 11:53:56 PM »
We should all hope and pray that Hussein keeps his stupid self out of whatever goes on over in Asia.  What has he ever done that would make anyone think that he possesses one iota of ability to deal with such a dilemma?  He needs to stick with his golf and round ball endeavors.

I agree that siccing John effing Kerry on the Ruskies should be fun to watch.
Swingem

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 01:25:06 AM »
I can't help to get a good chuckle turning into a laugh out of all this.
The Ukrainians thinking that Russia isn't going to react with them trying to tie into the EU
 That Vlad  would give a rats curly hair about what your Prez thinks or says.
Th USA will never commit troops in the EU against the Russians even if the numbers were there.
 Eisenhower didn't when the Soviets rolled into Hungary or East Germany to quell their revolts and he was in a much better situation to do it then than is likely now.

Do you think your Prez would lift a finger against China in case they thump on Japan or the Phillipines?
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 01:37:17 AM »
Good for them, if Carter has not been a absolute moron and left them have Afghanistan, which they entered simply to avoid happening to them what Carter had let happen in Iran, the world would not be the feces pile it is now.

Addendum:
Part of what is now the Ukraine, Crimea, was part of Russia till Khruschev made it a part of the Ukraine and its citizens are Russians from way, way back.

Ukraine minus the areas very loyal to Russia would probably be a much more peaceful place.

Offline Val

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 02:31:17 AM »
I can't believe that the Russians are in the Ukraine. Our Commander In Chicken gave them a strongly worded message not to do that.
Hunting and fishing are not matters of life or death. They are much more important than that.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 03:43:46 AM »
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just a bit more study please; 
      I don't believe goodshot was talking about any "end of time" whatever that means, likely he was speaking of the end of the world system as we knmow it !
  Elsewhere, we can have a good idea of thhings as thry approach, even though we may not know the exact dayor hour ..

" "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone"  (Matthew 24:36)

Perhaps you should read from Luke 21:28-31)

" 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."  29 He told them this parable: "Look at the fig tree and all the trees.  30 When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near.  31 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near."

Every generation has said the same of their times , some still believe it was the ending of Rome.
 It will happen so what ? be ready every day and it will be a blessing .

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »

The Bible says we will not know the day nor the hour.  That's all it says.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline don29

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 11:57:11 AM »

i would agree with that...we do NOT need a shooting match with Russia, or China, and heaven forbid Russia and China against us.

russia's military is probably every bit as good as ours, maybe better. but...the decisive factor will be our will to WIN. are we ready, willing and able to do what is necessary to defeat such an adversary as russia, or china? i don't think so...

our so-called 'leader' have adopted a "No win" policy since the end of WWII in that they don't want to do what is necesssary to defeat an advesary...pummel them into submission by way of superior force...brute force if you would prefer to say that.

diplomacy, "Winning the hearts and minds" of the adversary has very limited success. vietnam was an example of that. all of the reaching out at the peace table had nowhere near the effect as "Operation rolling thunder"...flights of B52's raining 500 pounders down on NVN.

IF we do confront Russia, or China, standy by...it WILL be ugly...these two countries WILL do what is necessasry to win without hesitation.

Offline RPRNY

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 12:11:31 PM »
I can't help to get a good chuckle turning into a laugh out of all this.
The Ukrainians thinking that Russia isn't going to react with them trying to tie into the EU
 That Vlad  would give a rats curly hair about what your Prez thinks or says.
Th USA will never commit troops in the EU against the Russians even if the numbers were there.
 Eisenhower didn't when the Soviets rolled into Hungary or East Germany to quell their revolts and he was in a much better situation to do it then than is likely now.

Do you think your Prez would lift a finger against China in case they thump on Japan or the Phillipines?

Well said. And well understood by Vlad. China vs Japan ? Should be a different story, but with this Administration...

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments.  ;) [/spoof]

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 12:31:15 PM »
According to Pravda the President of the Ukraine asked the Russians to come and secure the country. Per Pravda, there are only 50 troops at the airport in Sevastopol. There was a threat of gunmen wanting to take over the airport. Kindly remember, you're getting very tainted media reports. I'd suggest reading both sides- the truth is most likely in the middle.
http://english.pravda.ru/news/world/27-02-2014/126954-yanukovych_address_nation-0/

On a side note, the Russians are asking for Russian businessmen to invest BILLIONS in the Ukraine. Just how many businessmen in the US were asked the same by our Gov't...............................yeah, lots of silence there. All the US wanted was to LOAN them money with a heavy hand that would turn the Ukaine Gov't into a pawn for the EU. Follow the money folks, follow the money
http://english.pravda.ru/news/business/28-02-2014/126970-russia_ukraine_crimea_investment-0/

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 02:01:10 PM »
Is it me?
Or does this seem like a bad time to slash our military???
I sure wish we had RR in times like these instead of helmet wearing, girl's bike riding commie we have now!

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 07:11:19 PM »
Yes Jesus said we would not know the day or the hour but he also said we would know the seasons. And believe you me everything is set for His return. I don't know the day but I believe this is the season of his coming.

The imminate return of our lord has always been part of the gospel of The Lord Jesus Christ.
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 08:52:17 PM »
I think they are just doing it as a joke on Obama. The weak statements, the vacillation, the indecisiveness. I can imagine Putin watching it and laughing at his weak and incompetent counterpart.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 11:31:51 PM »

The Bible says we will not know the day nor the hour.  That's all it says.
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

But Jesus said we should be able to see "the signs of the times"..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthew 16

New International Version (NIV)

The Demand for a Sign

16 The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus and tested him by asking him to show them a sign from heaven.

2 He replied, “When evening comes, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,’ 3 and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.[a] 4 A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah.” Jesus then left them and went away.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 11:40:29 PM »
  I am not saying Barry should necessarily intervene in the Ukraine, but a known decisive and strong leader can do so much without doing anything!
  It all goes back to CHARACTER and how the given leader has lived his life before becoming president.
     How many here can recall that split screen TV picture..  Ronald Reagan raising his hand to be sworn in as president..while the planes carrying the embassy hostages was taking off from Teheran airport?

http://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/20/jan-20-1981-iran-releases-american-hostages-as-reagan-takes-office/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

A known strong leader sometimes need only raise one hand...

Below, see what we got with a weakling called Carter, American embassy personnel..shackled;

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 11:49:01 PM »
In a previous post I mentioned the fact that the Ukraine and the EU depend on Natural Gas piped to them from Russia and so it was no surprise  to me when Russia reminded the Ukraine of their outstanding bill of more than 1.5 Billion and that is a very cut rate for what is normally charged. Europe,well most of it, is still in Winter and without Russian Gas it will be very cold.

Last but not least, Russia has a Veto vote in the UN. ;)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2014, 12:05:44 AM »
  Why doesn't Europe have natural gas of their own.. do they have "anti-frackers" too? ;) ;D

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2014, 12:33:57 AM »
When Texas secedes from the union and in a battle with the rest of the country, you want Russian troops down there helping the Texans?    Same thing...
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.