Author Topic: Tax Breaks , subsidies for fortune 500 Big oil -cost of livin high, goin up  (Read 276 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
Top Fortune 500 companies 2013  1-500

1. Wall mart . Revenue 469.2 Billion -  Profit 16.9 Million (Taxpayers subsidize wallmart employees healthcare and snap assistatnce fuel assistance etc..)
2nd . ExonMobil Revenue 449.9 Billion - Profit 44.8 billion  ( 2011 data : tax payer subsidy received 600 million).
3rd  Chevron Revenue 233.9 Billion  -  Profit 26.1 billion ( 2011 data : tax payer subsidy received 700 million).
45th. Connicophillips  Revenue 63.4 Billion - Profit 8.4 billion ( 2011 data : tax payer subsidy received 600 million).
Then there is BP Brittish Petroluim and and Royal dutch Shell  -  BP receives 300 million a year in US Tax breaks, Shell about 200 Million.   

Just disgusting.

Semper Fi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWjkDfRcCus

I got a strong back
Steel toes
I rarely call in sick

A good truck
What I don't know
I catch on real quick

I work weekends
If I have to
Nights and holidays

Give you 40
And then some
Whatever it takes

Three dollars and change at the pump..... Cost of livin's high and goin' up.
 - Ronnie Dunn
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
Aren't those profits suppose to be in billions, not millions? But those subsidies--amazing,,, ::)
But yeah, what do you expect we live in a military garrison corporate state, and so this is how its set up. He!!, they can't even get a healthcare program right, or didn't want to get it right..  If you complain or question this set up you will be accused of class warfare or class envy of the rich_ _now that's a weird twist to the 'permanent victim mentality' doctrine_ _the unimaginable wealthy (actually modern royalty in a feudal system) are now 'victims'..... ::) ::) ::) .  I hear the American Dream is alive and well in Denmark.... ;)
...TM7

TY TM for helping correct the oversight ..yes billions (I made the adjustment to correct).
So glad my tax money contributions could help fuel their corporate bottom line... in lieu of my own  trucks tank.

I recently read a survey report citing the Danes are the happiest folks on the planet.

Price of gas is high and going up.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWjkDfRcCus

Semper Fi
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant