Author Topic: WI Anti Gun Attorney General gets DUI :)  (Read 915 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
WI Anti Gun Attorney General gets DUI :)
« on: February 25, 2004, 05:37:13 PM »
Thought this was great!! What is that old story what goes around comes around!!! Glad to see that this was not swept under the rug and she got arrested!!  Maybe we need a few more of these liberals busted also.  :)  :)  :)   I wonder what here predicessor the Gov of WI who held the job before thinks as he stumped for her to be elected!! Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 06:09:33 PM »
You pro-gun guys up there drove her to drinkin. :-D  :)  :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Horse Thief

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 06:16:13 PM »
I guess she will blame it on the Police because of her stand on Gun Control, they had it in for her and set her up. Do you think her dad or mom caused her childhood to be disfunctional and caused her to drink :?
Thanks
Gary :wink:

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 08:36:51 PM »
Not sure of the reason but I am glad she got nailed not to wish a DUI  on most folks as I have had one my self it cured me of drinking and driving though I still have a nip of sourmash now and then If some one else drives. But in here case she is a self rightous witch ( and what it rymes with  :) ) that deserved to be made aware maybe of what the common folks feel under the law the she is supposed to uphold. another politician who thinks they are above the law.  If we did drive her to drink it works for me but I bet she inibed long before this happend just that she got caught.  :lol:  I normally would not take delight in some one getting busted for this as it is not the most pleasant thing to go through but in her case I like it. I wonder how she will like going to the assesment classes.  :)  Jim

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 02:02:39 AM »
Quote from: Horse Thief
I guess she will blame it on the Police because of her stand on Gun Control, they had it in for her and set her up.
Dali Llama say that not likely be case in Wisconsin, as many Badger State law enforcement officials unfortunately support gun control. :(  :(  :(
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Mauser

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 05:59:27 AM »
Peg has been real tough on businesses in Wisc.  Any pollution infraction regardless of how minor including paperwork violations result in criminal prosecution under her.  She does not negotiate.  Everything is her way or the highway.

Because politicians are without shame or humility anymore, she won't resign.  The "top cop" should resign after getting an OWI while driving a state-owned vehicle.  She is not some faceless mid-level beaurocrat.  Her arrogance is breathtaking.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
mauser
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 08:05:57 AM »
breathtaking arrogance or not, since she set the standard of 'her way or the highway', she can take the highway for her hypocrisy.

You are coorect however in that arrogant people like her won't openly resign - she has to be forced out of office and the best way to have that happen is to continue to publically embarrass her in the press.  She was the one who made the mistake, which is not uncommon with politicians but now, how can she be trusted to be fair, when she breaks the law.

It shouldn't be too awfully difficult to embarrass her into ineffectiveness, and then unemployment.  Just my 2 cents worth.  Mikey.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 08:08:36 AM »
Quote from: Mauser
 Any pollution infraction regardless of how minor including paperwork violations result in criminal prosecution under her.  She does not negotiate.  

Dali Llama say "what be good for goose be good for gander" come to mind. :lol:

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 09:16:48 AM »
Dali after taking a gander I have come to the conclusion she is too darn ugly to goose!!!  :)  :)  :)  Jim

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 12:55:23 PM »
Quote from: jh45gun
Dali after taking a gander I have come to the conclusion she is too darn ugly to goose!!!  :)  :)  :)  Jim
:-D  :)  :)  :)  :)  :-D  :D

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 08:01:11 PM »
I figured some of the other WI guys would jump on this subject like Riflemanz??  I see Mauser joined in. Jim

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2004, 01:20:36 AM »
Dali Llama say he run across similar type of story jh45gun may find interesting.  Dali say it not necessarily guaranteed to bolster anyone's confidence in equal treatment of legal system. :(  :cry:  :(

Weissinger's DUI charge dismissed

Steve Timko
RENO GAZETTE-JOURNAL
2/25/2004 11:18 pm

A former Douglas County commissioner charged with driving under the influence of alcohol in Carson City while still an elected official had the DUI charge dismissed but pleaded guilty to careless driving.

Stephen Weissinger, 45, was due for trial Wednesday in Carson Justice Court stemming from his Aug. 23 arrest by a Nevada Highway Patrol trooper on suspicion of DUI and speeding on U.S. 395 between Stewart Street and Fairview Drive.

Weissinger’s DUI arrest came as he faced trial in El Dorado District Court on misdemeanor counts of embezzling money from the South Lake Tahoe Raley’s, where he worked as assistant manager.

Weissinger pleaded no contest to two embezzlement counts in October and was sentenced to 10 days in jail. In November, he announced his resignation from his Douglas County seat effective Jan. 1.

Deputy District Attorney Matt Griffin last week asked Carson Justice of the Peace Robey Willis to dismiss the DUI charge.

Griffin said Wednesday there were problems during field sobriety tests the trooper used to justify checking Weissinger’s blood-alcohol content.

While administering a “walk and turn” test on Aug. 23, the trooper remembered that Weissinger lifted his arms from his side to balance himself, which was against the trooper’s directions. But the trooper couldn’t remember how high Weissinger lifted his arms, Griffin wrote in his request to dismiss the charge.

The trooper was also unable to say if, during the “one-leg stand,” Weissinger stood on one leg for 30 seconds, saying only that Weissinger reached a count of 27 while standing on one foot before putting the other foot down, the motion said.

NHP standards require that a defendant raise his arms for balance at least 6 inches to fail the walk and turn test. The standards say that if someone stands on one leg for 30 seconds, that person passes the one-leg stand even if he doesn’t count to 30, Griffin wrote.

Both the DUI and the speeding ticket were dismissed, but Weissinger pleaded guilty Feb. 19 to careless driving. Willis fined him $500 and ordered him to attend a panel in which victims describe the impact drunken drivers have had on their lives.

“He was happy to get it over with, and he was happy it was a fair resolution,” said Bill Cole, Weissinger’s lawyer.

Griffin said his office felt it was important Weissinger attend the victim impact panel.

“Perhaps this part of the sentence would remind Mr. Weissinger the effects drunk driving will have by talking to these people,” Griffin said.