Author Topic: How much are we paying?  (Read 770 times)

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
How much are we paying?
« on: November 16, 2019, 02:12:45 PM »
Per seat to get an astronaut into space, and home again. So far SpaceX will be the most affordable.
When they come online as a competitor.

https://www.space.com/spacex-boeing-commercial-crew-seat-prices.html

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
Re: How much are we paying?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 02:25:28 PM »
Space X is already sending supply's up to the ISS. The Russians are gouging us and I haven't seen
Boeing doing anything. Crew Dragon will be online within a year.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 11:21:46 AM »
This article will give more insight into why the U.S. needs Russia.The paranoid hatred of Russia from Washington Swamp insiders does more to harm this country , while ignoring a true threat China, than probably any other moronic bs they spew out.
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/613744/spacex-blue-origin-russian-rd180-rocket-engine-design/

With the childish trash talk Washington throws at Russia, if I were them I would double the price.-- Crimea is Russian, it was given to the Ukraine by one of the dork Russian leaders. --It was the same as if a U.S. president gave Upper Michigan to Wisconsin.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 12:27:39 PM »
This article will give more insight into why the U.S. needs Russia.The paranoid hatred of Russia from Washington Swamp insiders does more to harm this country , while ignoring a true threat China, than probably any other moronic bs they spew out.
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/613744/spacex-blue-origin-russian-rd180-rocket-engine-design/

With the childish trash talk Washington throws at Russia, if I were them I would double the price.-- Crimea is Russian, it was given to the Ukraine by one of the dork Russian leaders. --It was the same as if a U.S. president gave Upper Michigan to Wisconsin.

Thanks to Obama, if it weren't for the Russians we wouldn't even have a human presence in space anymore.   
And we say we are the best? We don't even have a spaceship anymore for goodness sake.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 12:45:02 AM »

Obama started the retirement of the space shuttle program in July, 2011.  After all, America could not be allowed to be "exceptional'..

That, and he had to dig up $155 billion somewhere to give to the terrorists !

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 03:52:16 AM »

Obama started the retirement of the space shuttle program in July, 2011.  After all, America could not be allowed to be "exceptional'..

That, and he had to dig up $155 billion somewhere to give to the terrorists !

I guess NASA has never quite gotten over Obama. They seem to be fixated on robotic probes now.
We no longer hear very much about the Orion spaceship anymore. It's all SpaceX and a couple of
others these days.  The Moon and Mars? That's still just a lot of talk.

Hopefully by this time next year the Crew Falcon will be ready to fly. The heavy Falcon rocket has
alteady proven itself.  And is better than what the Russians and China have. As far as heavy lift capabilities. Which is a good thing, it gives Americans back some of the pride they lost because of Obama.