Author Topic: Sci-fi. The expanse.  (Read 660 times)

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
Sci-fi. The expanse.
« on: November 22, 2019, 01:18:59 PM »
Hundreds of years in the future, things are different than what we are used to after humans have colonized the solar system and Mars has become an independent military power. Rising tensions between Earth and Mars have put them on the brink of war.
Its becomeing a movie I knew it would.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
Re: Sci-fi. The expanse.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 01:44:15 PM »
It would be inevitable, one of the two planets would want full control.

Offline JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 02:34:38 PM »
Fun series, I've really enjoyed it so far.  I'm eagerly anticipating Season 4.

Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 04:43:32 AM »
But the earth is a mess, I don't think they would last very long without the other planets.
I wouldn't be surprised if those outer planets laid a siege around it. The way the earth is
reminds me of that movie Elysium. The elites get everything where the people get next to nothing.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 04:56:21 AM »
Remember that part where the earth illegally boarded that ship. And the Captain told them, get off my ship now, or I'm calling the Martians! They sure did leave that ship in a hurry. But only after they had killed one of the crew.

You have to admit the earth is acting like a bunch of Nazi Pirates. They keep talking about Venus, but I don't know where it fits into the equation. Has it already been terraformed in the series ? It had been in the second book. The earths own moon colonys are about to rebel against them also. Titan already has. Venus doesent have an army so they are somewhat neutral, so far. 

Venus is the agriculture planet so that is where most of the commercial traffic is comeing and going. In the
books that is what the earth is trying to block, and hyjack. Sort of like a blockade, and it gets bloody out there.

It does bear a resemblance to our own civil war.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 06:55:43 AM »
Fun series, I've really enjoyed it so far.  I'm eagerly anticipating Season 4.

The series isn't anything like the books, it was written by the same author who wrote Landfall.
In which the movie Passengers copied.