Author Topic: Guilty as charged!  (Read 796 times)

Offline Riflemanz

• Trade Count: (0)
Have you hugged your 45-70 lately?
NRA Member
Menomonee Falls Gun club member
REM 7400 .270
Marlin 1895,1894
Ruger 44Mag Super Redhawk
Glock 19

Offline jh45gun

Guilty as charged!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 07:58:04 PM »
This is a embarresment to the Catholic Church and I have to say that while priest should not be doing this how do these figures compare to other denominations? I am curious on that? Also how do them figures compare to the general public with sexual abuse. Have you ever noticed it is the Catholic Church that gets the most recognition in any thing like this or media wise also. Every time you watch a movie that has Good VS evil that they need some religious content it is always a Catholic Priest that shows up to fight evil in the movies. Or Weddings are a other prime example Priest doing a lot of TV and movie weddings. I am Catholic and not sticking up for the Bishops or these pediphile priest what they are doing is wrong and they will be judged I am sure if not in this world the next. Since that Catholic Church forgives us of our sins maybe these clergy feel they can get a get out of jail card so to speak but I do not think that this really is forgiveable. I also think that the Church had better get over the problems they have with divorce and allow priest to marry or allow married clergy to become priest as it would solve a lot of problems. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

Guilty as charged!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 01:32:58 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
This is a embarresment to the Catholic Church and I have to say that while priest should not be doing this how do these figures compare to other denominations? I am curious on that?
Dali Llama say perhaps some parts (i.e., choir boys, altar boys) of Catholicism provide ready access for deviant predators to prey. :?  :?
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Riflemanz

Guilty as charged!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 05:26:06 AM »
I agree the priests should be allowed to marry and end this abuse.I'm afraid though that the pope is too old to see this and correct this due to aged policys of the church.
Have you hugged your 45-70 lately?
NRA Member
Menomonee Falls Gun club member
REM 7400 .270
Marlin 1895,1894
Ruger 44Mag Super Redhawk
Glock 19

Offline Leftoverdj

Guilty as charged!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 06:41:48 AM »
Dali, and the celibacy requirement may attract more candidates who are already struggling with their sexuality?
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Dali Llama

Guilty as charged!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 08:34:15 AM »
Quote from: Leftoverdj
Dali, and the celibacy requirement may attract more candidates who are already struggling with their sexuality?
Dali Llama say he postulate that do indeed be quite likely.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk