Author Topic: In need of prayers  (Read 1801 times)

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
In need of prayers
« on: February 27, 2004, 05:12:17 AM »
Hey guys I do not like to burden people, but I consider all of you close friends even if we never seen one another or shook hands. A small problem has raised and I am pretty scared. I posted this down on the Insperational messages and thoughts board. To tell you the truth I can not go thru with explaining it again with out breaking down. Prayers appreciated. Thanks

BBF  <><
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
In need of prayers
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 05:15:24 AM »
You have my prayers!  I haven't read the other post but I'll go down there now, but I can already feel your pain.  :(

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
In need of prayers
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 05:39:17 AM »
Hey BBF, I know exactly what you are going through.  Two years ago I found a lump in my neck, throught it was my adams apple, but it was growing off to the side.  In the months to follow it grew rapidly.  After many tests and such (I just wanted it cut out!!!!) I had surgery and it was cancer.  I was 26 at the time.  After another surgery and radiation I'm fine!  I go in for scans once a year and after 5 years I'll have my clean bill of health.

When I was 26 I was 185lbs, over weight, couldn't run 1/2 mile without dieing, stressed out most of the time, type A personality, priorities were all wrong, my whole outlook on life was very wasteful.  Now I'm 200lbs, I was running 5k one evening a week in around 33-35 minutes (no walking) until it got too cold (will start back up in the spring, hopefully next week  :grin: ), started lifting weights three times a week at the beginning of the year, I've very laid back, relaxed most of the time, I don't get stressed about stuff.  My wife (yea, got married after my surgeries and radiation to a nurse, RN/BSN  8) ) says I'm almost too laid back now.

I guess what I'm saying, and trying to use my life as an example, that getting cancer isn't the first day of your death, it's the first day of your new life.  You're probably amazed, already now, how your outlook on life has changed.  How things that were important and worried and stressed over before don't phase you.  Let this be a good thing.  Let it make you stronger both emotionally and eventually physically.  

I'm 29 now, it's been almost 2 1/3 years since I was diagnosed.  In that time I've changed alot and my life has changed alot.  And everything is better, and will be better, because of what I went through.

The old saying is true, "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger"

You won't die from this (might as well be confident and positive right?) so this is going to make you stronger.  And by the way you handle yourself through this you can be an inspiration and testimony to others.  I was a youth leader when I went through everything, I had some very sobering conversations with the kids, and I could see how some of the teenagers really watched closely on how I handled the situation, learning how they should handle similar situations in their lives.

You've been given alot of opportunities now in your life and in the lives of those around you, to create change.  And change for the better.

Good luck, and if you ever want someone to talk to drop me a PM.

Hey, and it's been all I could do to hold it together typing this note!  It's a very emotional thing to go through!!!  

Later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline Gratman

In need of prayers
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 05:50:10 AM »
BBF............

Thoughts and prayers are with you.   My father had a similar experience when I was younger.  He was lucky and it was a growth but not cancerous.  He made it  , and never looked back.   Our prayers go out to you ,

Gratman
Gratman

...and remember....all plumbing is temporary...

Offline .308

• Contributor
In need of prayers
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 06:09:11 AM »
BBF, You'll have my prayers just as I know if I needed yours I would get them. Right now my prayer is for you to be comforted and for you to be healed of whatever this ailment is, in Jesus's name. Amen. Love you my friend.

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
In need of prayers
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 06:33:57 AM »
Thanks guys. Scruffy I could not write what a wrote with out breaking down. I have a appointment monday. Hopefully it just a infection, but the whole ordeal gets you thinking about things you really never thought of before. I guess I'll find out when they do the ultra sound. You guys are the best.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline JPH45

In need of prayers
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 06:45:40 AM »
It is good that we think of things as we have never thought of them before. I had a heart attack 3.5 years ago at the ripe young age of 41. I got lucky, 50% don't make it through the first one. (yep, there is another one coming, just don't know when) I can't say that I live each day like it is the first day of the rest of my life, I do, like scruffy, have a completely different set of priorities today. I hope for you BBF that there is nothing more wrong than a need for a different look at life. Take a long look, and if there is anything you would like to change....change it. Hold precious and dear you family and friends, they are irreplaceable. I hope for you that all is well. Have courage, act in faith. And keep shooting them Handi's.

PS, that a 445 is what you want is all the more reason you should have it :D JP
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

Offline Warthog

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
In need of prayers
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 06:54:13 AM »
Prayers sent BBF.  Please keep us posted.
Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger.  Right up until it kills you.

Offline 22KHornet

• Avid Poster
In need of prayers
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2004, 06:57:32 AM »
BBF You are is my prayers.
I must be crazy.

Offline Bruce A. Hering

Prayers
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2004, 07:06:37 AM »
BBF:

I, like JPH45 had a heart thing 3 years ago.  I also beat the 50% odds.  I also had/have an A type personality thing  but perhaps more importantly two of my best friends are cancer survivors.  One was diagnosed with sever advanced liver cancer.  He was told to go home and get his things in order......  so home he goes and gets on the phone and finds these two doctors that are doing an experimental surgery, "liver reduction".  Off he goes and winds up with a liver about the size of a golf ball when they got done.  That will be 7 years ago soon.  Liver back to normal size and no sign of cancer. :grin:

Friend #2 was diagnosed with testicular cancer.  caught it and off he goes for treatment.  Friend #1 walked him through the whole process.  He is fine three years out. :D

I can go on.  I am glad to be looking at the green side of the grass as opposed to the alternative.  I know its freightning.  You should have seen me when the "cutter" told me I could leave but I might not make it out the hospital door without three bypasses and this TMR thing.  Hell, I've been shot before and I was not this frightened.  Its OK..... people like us thrive on this....  we will get better, there will be a positive ending.

See the Doc.  get the info, and then as the old commercial said, "I am fighting this thing every step of the way"

You are obviously a spiritual/religious person.....  hold on to your faith what ever it may be and I, like all the others here, will be holding on with you.  Importantly, you ain't alone buddy.
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator/Instructor
Game Preserve/Shooting Complex Mgt.
Southeastern Illinois College
Collegiate Shotgun Coach
2009 ACUI 3rd Place National Champions
NSCA Level III Instructor

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
In need of prayers
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2004, 07:16:26 AM »
Guys I should specify when I said last week I ment last saturday. Did not tell my wife till Monday. I'm one of those people who will take other people's burdens and never think twice and keep mine to myself, but this is just to overwhelming to keep bottled up and it helps to talk. What ever it is I will get thru it no matter what. Faith my family and good friends like you make it easier. Me and the boys will put the 357 max's thru the ringer this weekend being it's supposed to be pretty.

BBF

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
In need of prayers
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2004, 07:21:46 AM »
BigBoreFan:
 My prayers are sent your way that all will be well,and that you will be fine.You have to keep your faith and believe .......

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline fortress49

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
In need of prayers
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2004, 07:23:38 AM »
Hey BBF,

I do not post much or respond to post to much so you probably do not recognize my name.  But, I wanted to respond and let you know that even those who do not know you well, or who you do not know have you in our prayers.

Matt

Offline jon f

• Avid Poster
Thinking of you.
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2004, 08:57:42 AM »
Hang in there BBF.  Early detection is the best way to beat anything.
Thinking of you. regards Jon f.
Badges,we don't need no stinking badges.

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
In need of prayers
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2004, 09:23:56 AM »
BBF
You have my prayers.  I posted on the other board too.  God bless and strengthen you.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline skoutfitter

In need of prayers
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 11:17:40 AM »
You will be in my thoughts prayers.  Stay Faithful Brother.
Never forget the Creator who makes it all possible  <><

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
In need of prayers
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 01:23:48 PM »
Prayer is never a burdon.  I pray that your test will come back negative and that all will be just fine.   And even if the test results show that it is cancer remember that you and your doctors can beat it with the Lords help.

Brett
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline tacshooter

Prayer for BigBoreFan.........
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 01:43:05 PM »
Dear Heavenly Father, we ask that you touch our friend with your healing hand, and that you would send an Angel of comfort to abide with him. We also pray Dear Lord that you would bind Satan, and his Demons away from our friend, and place a hedge of Angels around him for his protection from harm, and evil....This we ask in your Holy, and Blessed Name, Amen........
NRA Life Member
NRA Practical Pistol Instructor
Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor
Proud Father of a Decorated Combat Soldier who fought in Iraq!
PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS IN IRAQ/AFGHANISTAN!

I CAN ONLY HIT WHAT I SEE IN MY CROSSHAIRS.... :sniper:

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
In need of prayers
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2004, 05:51:08 AM »
GBO brothers I just want to thank everyone for the prayers and support. Doctors visit went good. The problem is so small know the doctor noticed nothing unusual. I could feel it Saturday and it was half the size it originally was and Sunday it was not there. He said it was probally just a infection and it took care off it self. He wants me on Advill for a week and still wants a ultra sound done to eliminate any other possiblities. Talk about a load of my mind. The response from all of you was so overwhelming. You guys are true friends.

BBF

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
In need of prayers
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2004, 01:04:32 AM »
That's great news BBF!  Thanks for keeping us posted.  Now stop worrying and get out and do some shooting if the weather will let you.

Brett
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
In need of prayers
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2004, 01:56:02 AM »
Brett yesterday it was 70 degrees here and had to work. Hoping it stays like this till after the weekend so I can shoot my max a bunch over the weekend.

BBF----<><

Offline Duce

• Avid Poster
In need of prayers
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2004, 09:19:27 AM »
BBF: Remember faith can/does and will move mountains.
Keeping a friend in prayer easiest and most rewarding thing a body can do. He'll Make Away Outta No Way: <>< :grin: Duce:
What ever you'll put up with, is exactly what you'll get!!!!!

Offline .308

• Contributor
In need of prayers
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2004, 10:59:13 AM »
BBF, looks like someone got through to the Man. Take care. Lamar

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
In need of prayers
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2004, 02:05:54 AM »
Guys I truelly believe that everyone's prayers and my faith in God was the decideing factor. It looks so far like it was a infection (will know for sure after the ultra sound) but the infection left really quick for not taking any medicine for it. I'm one of those people that if I can get thru something with out taking medicine I will. JPH45 I'm glad this happened so far, it has put my life in a whole new persrective. The weather is warming up and I'm going back to my old routine of lifting again and since I weight 195 lbs I'm going to start jogging twice a week. Can not waite till spring turkey season so me and the boys can run the woods. Do not care if we get a turkey, just so we have fun.

BBF

Offline WVHILLBILLY

In need of prayers
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2004, 01:26:23 AM »
BIGBOREFAN,

I am glad to here things are looking good for you! :grin:

To those who have no faith,

Prayers do work!! :D

WVHILLBILLY

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
In need of prayers
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2004, 10:32:15 AM »
Well it was an infection and he has put me on antibiotics. Talk about a load of my mind. It's nice to know you have friends. All of you are great and I thank you for the prayers and support.

BBF

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
In need of prayers
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2004, 10:48:31 AM »
Praise the Lord for thet BBF, :)  glad to hear it.  We get that feeling that we are no longer invincible when we get a wake up call like that one.

Kinda helps us keep our eyes on what is really important sometimes. :grin:
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline Moe

• Contributor
In need of prayers
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2004, 11:15:07 AM »
BBF- I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2002. It gets your attention RIGHT AWAY. After doing some web research and seeing several Doctors you realize that it is not a death sentence. It is and always will be pretty traumatic. Like Scruffy my outlook and priorities in life have changed. I ended up having surgery in January 03. So far I am as good as gold. Lost 35 pounds weight lift almost daily and am in terrific shape compared to 2 years ago. I also have become a bit more spiritual than I was before(still room for improvement).
 My wife has liver disease and will need a transplant in the future, so you have to take one day at a time, good or bad. I'm sure you will come out of this just fine.

Paul

Offline mag41vance

• A Real Regular
In need of prayers
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2004, 01:14:35 PM »
Quote from: BIGBOREFAN
Well it was an infection and he has put me on antibiotics. Talk about a load of my mind. It's nice to know you have friends. All of you are great and I thank you for the prayers and support.

BBF

Good good news!!  :grin:
             RV
no x now!