Author Topic: Comrade Cuomo  (Read 337 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Comrade Cuomo
« on: July 21, 2020, 12:25:43 AM »
Comrade Cuomo enacts new jackassery..  He passes edict saying if a bar serves a drink, they must furnish food with it !
  So naturally, being dictated to, many bar owners are complying in such a way as to ridicule the mini-fuherer's orders..   
  https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07/17/restaurants-serve-up-cuomo-chips-allowing-bar-patrons-to-comply-with-governors-order/

https://imgflip.com/i/380sqi   Some are offering a free pretzel !

"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
Re: Comrade Cuomo
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 01:23:41 AM »
I dont know what Gov. Cuomo did differently. Laws requiring the offering of food in bars/saloons have been on the books for a long time.
NYS Alcoholic Beverage Control Law Section 64A, paragraph 8:
Every special on-premises licensee shall regularly keep food available for sale to its customers for consumption on the premises.”
[/size]This was on the books back in the 1960s (at least). There is an old story about bar owners who would keep a sandwich wrapped in plastic in a cooler under the bar. When an inspector came by, they would show him the sandwich. When he left, they put the sandwich back into the cooler until the next time.[/color]
[/size]I wonder what the changes are nowadays.[/color]
[/size]Used to be that pretzels and chips did not qualify as food.[/color]
[/size][/color]

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 03:28:25 AM »
I guess that's why they offer free crackers or peanuts in a lot of bars. There is one over in Ruidoso where the
patrons throw the peanut shells on the floor. A girl goes around sweeping them up.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 04:37:05 AM »
Since I am a tea-totaler, I am not familiar with rules or customs in bars.  ..But I don't think eating food with a drink was mandatory.
  I always did understand that food must be available at any place where alcohol is served.

Perhaps the difference is whether one is required to purchase and eat some food.

"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline ironglows

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 04:39:49 AM »
I guess that's why they offer free crackers or peanuts in a lot of bars. There is one over in Ruidoso where the
patrons throw the peanut shells on the floor. A girl goes around sweeping them up.

My son & daughter-in-law once took me to a steak house where people were eating peanuts and throwing the shells on the floor.  I just couldn't do it..it just seemed a sloppy and rude thing to do.

Why not just have a waste basket at the table?  Didn't make sense to me..

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 12:15:28 PM »
Perhaps the difference is whether one is [/size]required[/i][/size] to purchase and eat some food.”[/size]

That must be it.
Pete