Author Topic: NYC looking like a communist ghost town.  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
Re: NYC looking like a communist ghost town.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 06:43:50 AM »
It kinda depends on where you are looking. That video shows a small part of the SOHO district of Manhattan....remember that Manhattan is only one of five counties that comprise NYC. Where I live in Brooklyn, the ghost town effect is much less....not normal of course but not boarded up as shown. Even in Manhattan, go to the Parks.....plenty of people there.
Many businesses are finding that their workers can work from home....remove those people from the big office buildings and the streets quiet down.
I notice that the camera guy stays on a couple of streets east of Broadway (Lafayette St and Crosby between Spring St and Houston St.)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 10:06:57 AM »
Well, I wouldn't blame them for leaving NYC, but I hope they don't come to Texas.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 11:01:38 AM »
Well, I wouldn't blame them for leaving NYC, but I hope they don't come to Texas.

Copy that.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 12:16:12 PM »
Well Inverness Florida is 8 miles from my house and the traffic is certainly less than normal but it’s not a ghost town.

You could go to the old court house though and it would look vacant, but then go a couple blocks around the square to the new court house and there would be cars parked all over. That what a deception media can do. Make things appear as they want them too appear. Then some guy in podunk NM that’s never ben to NY City falls for the gag and posts it as truth.

You can’t believe anything on the news right now. Only a couple news stations I would believe.
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline darkgael

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 01:16:14 PM »
My wife had her office, for nearly 30 years, just around the corner from that video. Her comment upon seeing it was that it must have been taken right after the crazy BLM looting.
“It is not like that today”. Some of those boarded up buildings, big buildings, are new construction and have yet to be occupied. Over the last few weeks most of the restaurants have reopened and built alfresco dining areas next to the curbs. They are colorful and busy. If you took a video of them, you would get a very different vibe.
One more note...she is about as apolitical as one can be...her comment when she saw the video was “what’s communism have to do with it?”

Offline ironglows

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 01:55:14 PM »
It kinda depends on where you are looking. That video shows a small part of the SOHO district of Manhattan....remember that Manhattan is only one of five counties that comprise NYC. Where I live in Brooklyn, the ghost town effect is much less....not normal of course but not boarded up as shown. Even in Manhattan, go to the Parks.....plenty of people there.
Many businesses are finding that their workers can work from home....remove those people from the big office buildings and the streets quiet down.
I notice that the camera guy stays on a couple of streets east of Broadway (Lafayette St and Crosby between Spring St and Houston St.)

If they had a small quantity of human dignity, there would have been NO destruction or looting!  Just shows the class of people (?) we are dealing with !

People of quality could protest there for days, and there would be no destruction!

I think we can all recall when the Tea Party protested in Washington..no riot, no littering , minimum of coarse language...and cleaned up after themselves.

Here; take a look ! 
    https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=134100686
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 02:33:14 PM »
Well Inverness Florida is 8 miles from my house and the traffic is certainly less than normal but it’s not a ghost town.

You could go to the old court house though and it would look vacant, but then go a couple blocks around the square to the new court house and there would be cars parked all over. That what a deception media can do. Make things appear as they want them too appear. Then some guy in podunk NM that’s never ben to NY City falls for the gag and posts it as truth.

You can’t believe anything on the news right now. Only a couple news stations I would believe.

Would that be me lol. Ive been to NYC thank you very much. Have you ever been to Moscow?  Europe at all ?

Offline darkgael

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 12:43:55 AM »
The same area as the video. This morning just before 6am.
Sorry about the sideways pics.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 05:08:37 AM »
midtown....haven't had a reason to go there yet. My wife is there now and her comment is "Dead in midtown. Dead." So that does fit the ghost town motif. Business areas are empty. The residential areas not so much..
 Can't argue about the looting comment. You do have a point there.
Pete

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2020, 06:41:52 AM »
It's hard to feel sorry for  NYC dwellers. I suppose I do for a very small percentage that don't have the means to vacate, but the majority living there voted for, and got what they deserve.
Other than that, I say, PLEASE DON'T MOVE TO TEXAS. We don't need your kinda voting habits.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2020, 08:02:37 AM »
Thank God for the electoral college. Otherwise NYC & LA would elect all our presidents.
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2020, 08:25:43 AM »
Thank God for the electoral college. Otherwise NYC & LA would elect all our presidents.

My big sister lives in NYC, she says in places the streets almost vacant. Where are the people going ?
The two vidios presented were from two differant time periods no matter what it says. I guess they just ran out there and  pulled down all that plywood at sunrise and put it back up before nightfall. Not.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2020, 09:36:36 AM »
the wanton destruction and pillaging that preceded the two videos was truly horrible and scary. That being said the recovery is ongoing and encouraging.....no need even to mention feeling sorry for NYers. We got through tougher times a few Septembers ago.
NYC is easily misrepresented to folk who do not live in big cities or in cities at all. It is a great place to live for many but certainly not for everyone. I suspect that many of those who post here do not live in a big city and have little understanding of the mindset of those who do. No criticism there. Just reality.
For many folk, NYC means only Manhattan and they have little or no knowledge of da Bronx, Queens, Staten Island and, fuggedaboudit, Brooklyn. The places where most NYers live.
Where are all the people who would normally be in the streets shown in those videos? Most were home. Most don't live in Manhattan, especially not commercial midtown Manhattan. The virus chased the tourists away, not the looters. The virus has people working from home and not communting. Take those people off the streets and the population is cut in half (or more....during a normal business day, there are 3 million people in Manhattan. Come five o'clock half of them leave for the suburbs.)
Me...i have lived most of my adult life in NYC. I am not a commie. I do not like what the Democrats have to offer. I own guns and I shoot them here in NYC. I like the people, the food, the sights, the parks, the beaches, the fishing...I have fun here.
Pete

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2020, 09:46:47 AM »

Ain't that the truth.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2020, 11:08:46 AM »
the wanton destruction and pillaging that preceded the two videos was truly horrible and scary. That being said the recovery is ongoing and encouraging.....no need even to mention feeling sorry for NYers. We got through tougher times a few Septembers ago.
NYC is easily misrepresented to folk who do not live in big cities or in cities at all. It is a great place to live for many but certainly not for everyone. I suspect that many of those who post here do not live in a big city and have little understanding of the mindset of those who. No criticism there. Just reality.
For many folk, NYC means only Manhattan and they have little or no knowledge of da Bronx, Queens, Staten Island and, fuggedaboudit, Brooklyn. The places where most NYers live.
Where are all the people who would normally be in the streets shown in those videos? Most were home. Most don't live in Manhattan, especially not commercial midtown Manhattan. The virus chased the tourists away, not the looters. The virus has people working from home and not communting. Take those people off the streets and the population is cut in half (or more....during a normal business day, there are 3 million people in Manhattan. Come five o'clock half of them leave for the suburbs.)
Me...i have lived most of my adult life in NYC. I am not a commie. I do not like what the Democrats have to offer. I own guns and I shoot them here in NYC. I like the people, the food, the sights, the parks, the beaches, the fishing...I have fun here.
Pete
I went to New York City once. At one time in my youth I thought I’d like to live there. I was wrong. Went to Central Park and even met a nice Asian girl who I spent a moment in time with. I had the best duck with cherry sauce in a French restaurant  that had different types of cheese on a rack and a assortment of breads.. Even though my time there was generally good and etched on my mind. I’ll probably never go back. I carried a bit of heat even though against gooberment regs of course but had no problems. City life although comfortable as far as everything is at hand is not for me although I understand the lure of it. Just to red around the neck...

Offline darkgael

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2020, 12:24:44 PM »
Montreal. Very nice. I like Quebec City even better. Both of them are as close as you can get to the old world without leaving this one.

“Spent a moment in time with”...ah, yes....that time when “once - just once - in your crowded sunlit lifetime, you hid away in shadow from the tyranny of time.”......and someone’s hand held yours...”

Offline northwoodneil

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2020, 01:31:53 PM »
I flew over NYC once a long time ago. That was as close as I need to get. And if they keep flying over my fly over state, that would suit me fine. There are some real nice spots in NY but to me NYC is not one of them.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

― John Wayne "The Shootist"

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2020, 02:11:47 PM »
If more constitutional freedoms were available I think many places including NYC would benefit financially and through reduced crime rate and as a added benefit the ordinary citizen could be proud and protect his family and others family’s...

Offline ironglows

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2020, 03:55:06 AM »
I went through NY City once from Jersey to Brooklyn Navy Yard, on my way to Europe.... and once on the way back from; Navy yard to airport to home..all I needed of NY City.
  It's not just NY City..I just spend as little time as I can get away with in ANY city, Just not a city type guy.  ...And I have little trouble keeping my 6' social distancing.

From DG;
    " Both of them are as close as you can get to the old world without leaving this one."

If I want some "old world" exposure...I'll visit some of my Amish neighbors!  ;)  ;D

BTW:  My point is, that such destruction should NEVER have happened, even to one shop !  The mayor has a 40,000 man police force at his disposal, and should have stopped the rioting, even before it began.  Anything less, is a betrayal by him, of residents  of the city.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2020, 07:23:07 AM »
What the Democrats really think. And want.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2020, 12:34:41 AM »
sad thing is when people talk about New York all they think about is NYC. Go north and you will find upstate NY is totally different and a very beautiful nice place with good people. Its like sterotyping Michigan by using Detroit or Texas by using dallas. Bottom line is none of us live in a state that doesn't have LOTS of liberals. Heck half of this country is liberal. Your state sure isn't immune to this plague. So if your throwing rocks you might just break your glass house.
I went through NY City once from Jersey to Brooklyn Navy Yard, on my way to Europe.... and once on the way back from; Navy yard to airport to home..all I needed of NY City.
  It's not just NY City..I just spend as little time as I can get away with in ANY city, Just not a city type guy.  ...And I have little trouble keeping my 6' social distancing.

From DG;
    " Both of them are as close as you can get to the old world without leaving this one."

If I want some "old world" exposure...I'll visit some of my Amish neighbors!  ;)  ;D

BTW:  My point is, that such destruction should NEVER have happened, even to one shop !  The mayor has a 40,000 man police force at his disposal, and should have stopped the rioting, even before it began.  Anything less, is a betrayal by him, of residents  of the city.
blue lives matter

Offline darkgael

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2020, 02:40:49 AM »
IG: off topic, I know. I’d be willing to bet that you have spent more time in Europe than your Amish neighbors.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2020, 05:31:07 AM »
The ghost town today at 9am. Midtown 7thAve and 31st:
Click and the pic will right itself.