Author Topic: well i scored one yesterday  (Read 543 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Trade Count: (32)
well i scored one yesterday
« on: August 27, 2020, 01:48:18 AM »
asked about the springfield emp in a previous post. Had to run to town today to get hunting licenses so stopped by a gun shop that is usually a rip of joint just to see what they had and low and behold there was an emp in 40 in the case for 650 bucks. I thought it was new and that was a steal of a price but the guy said it was used. I looked it over and if it was shot it sure wasn't anymore then test fired. Ask him if he had a second mag and he said it came with 5 mags a mag holder and a belt holster. Then he said his 9s were flying off the shelf but that gun sat because it was more expensive then the black guns and nobody wants a 40 (stupid people)!! He said if I took it right now hed do it for 600 and throw in a box of ball ammo. I said SOLD. I didn't have enough cash with me so I put 300 bucks down on it and said id come back Monday and pick it up. Ive got a new sunday go to meeting fancy carry gun if it turns out to run well. thing is sure good looking and tight. haven't been this excited about a new gun is some time.
blue lives matter

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: well i scored one yesterday
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 05:58:12 AM »
Sounds like you made a good score, Lloyd !
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Trade Count: (32)
Re: well i scored one yesterday
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 01:19:17 AM »
yup it was one of my bucket list guns. Also did some trading a few weeks ago and came away with another. I had two different stainless 700s in 300wby and traded them at weak (broke) moments. Buddy had one and he wanted something I  had more then it so I filled that bucket list too in the same month. Next one my list are the last two. I need to get a 257 wby because again in a weak moment I parted with my cdl and some kind of a 280 for the exact same reason. that one im a bit more specific on. I want exactly what I had before. A model 70 featherweight. Id love to be ready for crop damage season next year with the 300wby, a 257 wby and that 280. For once at least I was smart enough to keep the dies and brass I had for all three.
blue lives matter