Author Topic: The Debate  (Read 742 times)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
The Debate
« on: September 29, 2020, 05:38:43 PM »
I watched it and I don't know why I thought it might be enlightening--it wasn't.  If a person were watching this from a detached position and not having experienced live the past couple of decades, you might think it was just two guys arguing over different points of view and not really about facts. 

Obviously, Joe Biden has a very special pair of rose colored glasses, or he's just full of Schift.  Donald Trump has had to deal with the world as it is as opposed to his opponent who coasted through it all in his own idealistic world.  Biden did a fairly credible job of reviewing the fake news slant about the past few years.  Hopefully, voters, or at least a majority who watched this thing will remember things as they actually occurred and not how too many have been told falsely by fake news and the Dummycratic (communist) Party want them to believe.

Joe Biden gets a gold star for being able to recite a mountain of political lies with a straight face.

President Trump gets a check mark for not putting on a false face and being someone who just sits and takes it.  To be fair, Donald probably should get a point, or two for not going full potty mouth on Joe.  Joe might deserve a point for not threatening Donald with bodily harm out behind the school.  The more I think about it, a no rules brawl between the two would have been more entertaining. 

All in all, this debate thing should be submitted for the prime example of " Worst waste of TV time ever."
Swingem

Offline DennisB

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Contributor
Re: The Debate
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 06:15:29 PM »
That's an hour and half I could have better spent.  Nothing to change my mind; I'm with magooch, let's just have a brawl.  It did appear that Biden's handlers really coached him to speak (and point) into the camera rather than at his opponent.
Dennis In Ft Worth

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 10:14:50 PM »
first time i saw a debate that both clearly lost. A crap show plain and simple
blue lives matter

Offline neckisred

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 12:50:32 AM »
first time i saw a debate that both clearly lost. A crap show plain and simple
Could not agree more. Far too much of them both interrupting each other. Flipped the channel 30 minutes in.

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 01:26:26 AM »
We were hoping for that Knock Out punch from Trump or a gaff filled meltdown by Sleepy Joe, who looked old.

Bullying?  Izzat what the Media is calling it today?  Figures.  Hurt Joe's feelings then, did it?

After nearly 3.5 YEARS of Media, Demoncrap, and Never Trumpers BULLYING Candidate and then President Trump over Russia, Kavanaugh, Impeachment, and everyday EVERYTHING, The Donald almost let his Orange Hair down and got into a REAL scrap.  He calls BS when he hears it.  His ego won't let him take the hit without immediate retaliation.  That is his one fault in this debate.  Calling BS when he hears it.  Conservatives heard it too.

Trump Scores on SOCTUS Nomination:  "Even if we did it after the election itself. I have a lot of time after the election, as you know." [hehe] "We won the election [2016] and therefore we have the right to choose her."

Biden Concedes on SOCTUS Nomination:  "And the justice, I’m not opposed to the justice, she seems like a very fine person."

Biden Lies about ACA: "there’s a hundred million people who have pre-existing conditions"

I have an AI transcript open https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-joe-biden-1st-presidential-debate-transcript-2020 (don't know yet if it is verbatim or not) and could go line by line, but that would belabor this post.

We heard Joe stammer a lot, start a topic in one direction, then hit a "swiss cheese" hole in his brain and head off in a different direction, not finishing his first thought, misquote statistics, reverse himself, fumble continuously, and show the Nation during this 1.5 hour white hot spotlight, underneath the suit he remains Sleepy Joe - UNFIT to lead a Nation against enemies foreign and domestic - in fact, fanning those domestic terrorist flames. 

We heard The Donald grumble a lot, call out the lies, interrupt, and get Joe off message.  Underneath the suit, The Donald is getting it DONE to the horror and fright of the Demoncraps and Media.  Expect the rhetoric to ramp up this week.  The Donald will get better (we hope).  Mr. President is LEADING A NATION.

Who won?  Toss up I think.  No clear winner.  Both sides will claim.  The Media will try to hit Mr. President this week with the "bullying" tactic.  I'm OK with bullying Demoncraps and the Media.

Republicans and Conservatives were not swayed by the lies Joe told.  Demoncraps, Never Trumpers, Media, and Liberals continue their "Orange Man Bad" campaign.

Chris Wallace?  Ineffective, liberal biased, Orange Man Bad.  Who in their right mind believes Joe Biden to be "Vice President"?  Why did Wallace continually call him that?  Our Nation's VP is MICHALE R. PENCE.  Joe is a HAS-BEEN, and after 47 years in politics, a NEVER WAS.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 01:46:34 AM »
Linda and I, MADE OURSELVES watch the whole thing, but the only thing we came off "knowing" was, Chris Wallace is a liberal POS, Trump sometimes needs to shut up, and Biden wouldn't know the truth if you knocked him in the head with it.

I had trouble staying hooked because of the constant talking over of each other, and Wallaces' paddy-cake with Biden.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 02:37:13 AM »
Linda and I, MADE OURSELVES watch the whole thing, but the only thing we came off "knowing" was, Chris Wallace is a liberal POS, Trump sometimes needs to shut up, and Biden wouldn't know the truth if you knocked him in the head with it.

I had trouble staying hooked because of the constant talking over of each other, and Wallaces' paddy-cake with Biden.

Trump blew a bunch of opportunities to shut up. There were multiple instances where Biden was speaking completely incoherently, all Trump had to do was shut up and let Biden destroy himself but he blew it and talked over Biden's incoherent rants.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 02:56:23 AM »
Agreed! Trump himself, and Wallace bailed Joe out numerous times.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline The Old Man

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 02:56:57 AM »
I guess nearly everyone came away with about the same thoughts.
Wallace clearly is a member of the Biden camp, and an obvious Trump hater. He fact checked Trump numerous times, but Biden only once....and not just because it was very obvious Biden gets his "facts" from the fake news.

A clearer picture might have been possible if Biden didn't have a cheat sheet in front of him, an ear bud so his handlers could keep him from showing how little he knows, or if Trump wasn't placed in a position to have to debate both Wallace and Biden....in that order.

IMO the Democrats wanted it to be as unfair to Trump as they could make it, and somehow make Biden look like a hero. They failed miserably as usual. The debate wasn't one, and was just another example of Democrats doing what democrats do......

There is no way in the world that farce changed anyone's mind on who to vote for reguardless of convictions while tuning it in.

Youthful enthusiasm is replaced by old age and treachery!

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 03:20:16 AM »
It does have everybody talking though, doesn't it!  Mr. President took the Democratic Party, which Joe called himself that night, to task for the past 3.5 years of lies, coup attempt, and deceit.  I AGREE with Mr. President.

There is no more "Mr. Nice Guy" RINO Romney at the opposite podium.  Joe deserved all that he got and MORE.  It was EASY to send Joe into the swiss cheese of his own mind and OFF MESSAGE.  Joe would start one train of thought, and just like Joe, go down another rabbit hole instead, then Mr. President would seal the deal and challenge Joe to answer the lies.  Anybody with a thinking brain cell could see that.  Enemies of the USA certainly can.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 12:22:20 PM »
Finally watched the debacle. I’m surprised President Trump would debate (I don’t know joe) with a liberal moderator. I’m sure he had no choice but to play by there rules just like last time when chester was the moderator. That or nothing. I laughed my arse off. President Trump in my opinion cleaned there clocks, both of em. Easy to see the moderator was running interference for (I don’t know and the hoe).