Author Topic: Ruger Wrangler dry fire warning....  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Ruger Wrangler dry fire warning....
« on: October 22, 2020, 02:46:00 AM »

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ruger Wrangler dry fire warning....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 04:23:26 AM »
 A Ruger? Say it isn't so.

Online JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 02:50:45 PM »
A Ruger rimfire? Say it isn't so.
There, fixed it for you.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 04:13:05 AM »
I found it kind of funny. He said no one else doing videos was talking about his problem. Duh, most likely because no one else has had it. Then he said he was using premium ammo and named CCI and Super X. Got news for you, video maker, there is nothing premium about either. They aren't the lowest of the low but they certainly can't be classed as premium although they are made to standard dimensions.

So Ruger made a Wrangler that is out of spec enough to dimple the cylinder although it's not supposed to and he is so clueless he had to try to force rounds into the cylinder when all he had to do was take a close look at what has changed and then made a video. DUDE, call Ruger and they will send you a box so you can return it and they will FIX it for free and you won't have to warn us of something that apparently no one else has had a problem with.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 04:13:34 AM »
There, fixed it for you.

Ehhh, no thanks. It's just another Ruger having problems.

Offline Casull

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 08:15:29 AM »
There, fixed it for you.

Rimfires are NOT supposed to be dry fired.  That will create problems with any rimfire.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 09:14:14 AM »
I had a nice blued Ruger  GP-100 once I wanted to keep. It sorta looked like a Colt Python. It would eject 38 shells just find but not 357, of any kind. And that was with the expensive nickle plated ammo. I had to take a brass rod and drive them out. Send it back to Ruger? Naw, I sold it I was at my wits end with Ruger by then.
Bad first gen. vaquero, Bad 1911, bad 1022, bad LC9, all had major problems. just bad luck I guess.

I don't own any send back Rugers anymore, and I don't intend to. Your life might be involved. No problems with S&W, Taurus, Beretta, CZ, H&K,Glock, "only that I don't care much for striker fired".

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 02:16:55 PM »
I had a nice blued Ruger  GP-100 once I wanted to keep. It sorta looked like a Colt Python. It would eject 38 shells just find but not 357, of any kind. And that was with the expensive nickle plated ammo. I had to take a brass rod and drive them out. Send it back to Ruger? Naw, I sold it I was at my wits end with Ruger by then.
Bad first gen. vaquero, Bad 1911, bad 1022, bad LC9, all had major problems. just bad luck I guess.

I don't own any send back Rugers anymore, and I don't intend to. Your life might be involved. No problems with S&W, Taurus, Beretta, CZ, H&K,Glock, "only that I don't care much for striker fired".

The 357's were probley Hangin up on the Carbon Ring in the Cylinder from shootin 38's in It....

Online JustaShooter

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 03:54:41 PM »

The 357's were probley Hangin up on the Carbon Ring in the Cylinder from shootin 38's in It....
This, exactly.
NRA Life Member

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Online JustaShooter

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 03:55:26 PM »
There, fixed it for you.

Has nothing to do with being a Ruger, has everything to do with being a rimfire.
NRA Life Member

Online JustaShooter

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 03:56:41 PM »

We get it, you've had the worst possible luck with Ruger.  The rest of us have had much better experience.
NRA Life Member

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2020, 03:31:35 AM »
Nope, it was doing that with 357 before I ever put any 38s through it.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2020, 03:34:54 AM »

We get it, you've had the worst possible luck with Ruger.  The rest of us have had much better experience.

Ok I get it, Ruger can do no wrong.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2020, 04:19:17 AM »
I don't believe anyone said that Ruger could do no wrong. Any one that makes mechanical devises can have some that don't function correctly. Just to put a little perspective into the conversation there are currently eleven Ruger made guns in my safe, one of which I purchased in 1961. None  have ever given me a problem and all I have to do is clean them now and then and lubricate them.  Maybe I have just been lucky with the Rugers I have purchased. I have only had major problems with three guns I have purchased and it was the fact that they gave very poor accuracy, not that they malfunctioned. They were, in order, a Savage centerfire rifle, and two handi-rifles. I got beat up pretty badly on the handi-rifle forum for stating my opinion of them back when they were so popular.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2020, 04:29:03 AM »
I don't believe anyone said that Ruger could do no wrong. Any one that makes mechanical devises can have some that don't function correctly. Just to put a little perspective into the conversation there are currently eleven Ruger made guns in my safe, one of which I purchased in 1961. None  have ever given me a problem and all I have to do is clean them now and then and lubricate them.  Maybe I have just been lucky with the Rugers I have purchased. I have only had major problems with three guns I have purchased and it was the fact that they gave very poor accuracy, not that they malfunctioned. They were, in order, a Savage centerfire rifle, and two handi-rifles. I got beat up pretty badly on the handi-rifle forum for stating my opinion of them back when they were so popular.

Go look on some of the Ruger sites, some of those guys weren't so lucky either.

Related searches
Ruger LCP feeding problems
Ruger American 45 review
Ruger American Pistol discontinued
Ruger Security 9 Compact problems
Ruger Security 9 recall
Ruger recall list
Ruger American pistol recall
Ruger American Pistol Retrofit

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2020, 04:36:15 AM »
You might make it into the Guinness Book of World Records. Nobody has seen more grisly deaths ( bee sting to the jugular, decapitation by a cable across the road, etc.) or had more bad Rugers than you :)

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2020, 08:02:25 AM »
You might make it into the Guinness Book of World Records. Nobody has seen more grisly deaths ( bee sting to the jugular, decapitation by a cable across the road, etc.) or had more bad Rugers than you :)

How very rude, the man I knew was stung on his neck by a wasp, he had other medical problems as well.
The man I refered to who was killed from a cable stretched across the road at night by a contruction
company without any legal notice given. Happened to be my father, and that company ended up going
bankrupt over the law suite we won. Ruger? There is an entire web site of other people who also had problems .

If you had done your liberal based research before opening your dam mouth, you would know this.
Your trying to start a fight that's all there is to it.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2020, 08:07:57 AM »
Come on, Argent, chill out. Two blocked was somewhat out of line but you are worse with your answer. We are all adults here and should act as if we are. I doubt either of you would be like this face to face.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2020, 08:17:05 AM »
He knew it was my father who died in that accident, I made that very clear when I first posted about it.
Or he wouldn't have known about it, if he hadn't read that. I'm sure you wouldn't have liked him doing that to you either. But of course you will defend him, and put it all onto me. With looking back I didn't say anything out of line. Your being rude is out of line?

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2020, 01:13:05 PM »
I see both of you as being out of line and that was what I pointed out. I don't see anything rude about doing so.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2020, 09:39:06 AM »
The thing is, I didn't start it. And you have never been out of line? That isn't what Ive seen before.