Author Topic: Here is a senator with courage..  (Read 334 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Here is a senator with courage..
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 02:30:40 AM »
He always has. Has a voting record of 100% pro Constitution. I supported him for president.
But hes a flagpole in a hurricane right now. There ain't enough Ted Cruzs'.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglows

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 03:09:44 AM »
He was my choice as president until Trump closed the deal.  Of course, Trump was a great president, but at that point we knew little about him.
  Cruz has been a known and excellent constitutionally conscious, senator.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 03:22:13 AM »
Can't read due to my ad blocker, what does it say?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Online Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 04:14:02 AM »
Can't read due to my ad blocker, what does it say?

Jacob Shamsian Jan 4, 2019, 9:38 AM

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz introduced a constitutional amendment Friday that would restrict senators to two six-year terms. It goes into effect after it's passed, so Cruz would still be able to run for two additional Senate terms.

The amendment would also limit members of the House of Representatives to three two-year terms. It's cosponsored by Republican Sens. Marco Rubio, Mike Lee, and David Purdue.

"The amendment, as drafted, would start the clock once it was ratified," Cruz told the Houston Chronicle. "So term limits would begin at that moment."

Cruz just began his second consecutive term in the US Senate, after winning reelection in November 2018 over Democratic candidate Beto O'Rourke. He's set to end his term in 2025.

Currently, terms in both houses of Congress are unlimited, although there are limits to the number of terms members of Congress may have on committees. Cruz has been a longtime critic of the Constitution not including term limits. He introduced a similar bill a year ago, according to ABC News.

"For too long, members of Congress have abused their power and ignored the will of the American people," Cruz told ABC. "Term limits on members of Congress offer a solution to the brokenness we see in Washington, D.C. It is long past time for Congress to hold itself accountable. I urge my colleagues to submit this constitutional amendment to the states for speedy ratification."

For the amendment to be passed, it would need to be approved by two-thirds of both houses of Congress and then ratified by 38 states. The last constitutional amendment, the 27th, was ratified in 1992.

Correction: This article previously stated that the amendment would end Cruz's Senate career after its current term.

Read more:
People are making fun of conservatives for criticizing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's dancing
The criminal-justice reform bill Trump just backed might already be in jeopardy — here are some of the GOPers who have come out against it
Ted Cruz has a beard now and the internet is deeply divided over it
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 04:38:00 AM »
It's going nowhere. Most consider congress a path to riches and power and are going to stay there just as long as they can for that two reasons. Most care nothing for the country or it's citizens. More power to Senator Cruz but he's tilting at a very large windmill with a very short lance.

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 06:16:15 AM »
It may be an intentional failure in that the point isn’t to pass but to reveal those officials who are only in it for the $ so the voters know who’s who. Any GOP that votes against it is a RINO.
held fast

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 06:20:56 AM »
If it passes well then great. Cruz 2024
held fast

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 06:34:57 AM »
It may be an intentional failure in that the point isn’t to pass but to reveal those officials who are only in it for the $ so the voters know who’s who. Any GOP that votes against it is a RINO.

A majority of voters don't seem to care. If they did people like Pelosi, Feinstien, Shumer, and a whole host of others would be ancient history.

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 10:31:04 AM »
The conservative base is riled up right now, and paying attention - if Biden is sworn in on the 20th, a bunch of RINOs are going to have hell to pay back home.
held fast

Offline ironglows

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 12:11:11 PM »
The conservative base is riled up right now, and paying attention - if Biden is sworn in on the 20th, a bunch of RINOs are going to have hell to pay back home.

Likely true, and I hope every one is routed by a genuine conservative in their next primary !

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 01:14:38 PM »
Well, I ain't giving up on Trump just yet.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett