Author Topic: Govt restrictions on religion the highest since 2007.  (Read 608 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Govt restrictions on religion the highest since 2007.
« on: December 17, 2020, 03:49:35 AM »

Govt restrictions on religion the highest since 2007.
« on: Today at 09:47:00 AM »

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/milton-quintanilla/goverment-restrictions-on-religion-hit-highest-level-since-2007.html

Goverment Restrictions on Religion Hit Highest Level Since 2007
Milton Quintanilla | Contributor for ChristianHeadlines.com | Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Man reading his Bible under a tree
ChristianHeadlines.com
GOVERMENT RESTRICTIONS ON RELIGION HIT HIGHEST LEVEL SINCE 2007  Share  Tweet
  Share  Tweet
PrintEmail
#Bible #world #top headlines #christian persecution #Pew Research Center
Faith leaders are addressing the recent Pew Research study that shows record-high levels of restrictions on religious freedom.

According to CBN News, Religious Freedom Ambassador Sam Brownback says that in order for other human rights to flourish, the right of religious freedom must also be protected.

"We look at this religious freedom foundational right that if you can get it right as a nation other human rights will flourish. If you get it wrong other human rights will diminish," Brownback asserted.

Last month, Pew Research revealed that in 2018, government restrictions on religion hit an all-time high since 2007. The study also showed that high or very high government restrictions peaked in 56 countries, with the highest restrictions being in Africa and the Middle East.

We've never been more institutionalized, but we've never seen more persecution. The new Pew reports are out and there has never been more persecution, so we are getting our act together on how this gets institutionalized but obviously, we have to go to another level here as a civil society, as a government,” Chris Seiple of Templeton Religion Trust said.

In 2018, the White House intervened to free pastor Andrew Brunson, a missionary who was arrested in Turkey after he was falsely arrested for partaking in an alleged coup with Kurdish terrorists against Turkish president Erdogan.

Last week, Christian Headlines reported that Brunson predicted increasing persecution against U.S Christians in the future.

Brunson, who shared his remarks at the "Global Prayer for US Election Integrity" event on Facebook earlier this month, explained how Christians across the nation are unprepared for the forthcoming hostility that will be made against them.

“I believe the pressures that we're seeing in our country now are going to increase, and one of these pressures is going to be hostility toward people who embrace Jesus Christ and his teaching, who are not ashamed to stand for him," he warned. "My concern is that we're not ready for this pressure. And not being prepared is very, very dangerous on a number of levels."

In June, President Trump signed an executive order that makes international religious freedom a priority in U.S foreign policy. Faith leaders hope that the same the Biden administration will also make religious freedom a priority.

Related:

'We’re Not Ready' - Pastor Urges US Christians to Prepare for Persecution

President Trump’s Executive Order Allocates $50M for Global Religious Freedom

Photo courtesy: Unsplash
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Govt restrictions on religion the highest since 2007.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 06:13:11 AM »
I can't imagine many law enforcement agencies having the manpower, or the storage capacity to incarcerate an entire congression.

Churches by now, should know what is going on in regards to government and religion. If churches continue to kowtow it through their own leadership cowardice.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 07:20:44 AM »
Ironic since "church goers" are the single demographic with improving mental health during the COVID plandemic, according to the research.

NAVNORTHCOM issued an unconstitutional order back in May, banning attendance of off base church services, amongst other things, for all active duty Navy & Marine Corps in CONUS, even while on base chapels were closed due to COVID. It made a few small headlines, but largely ignored by the MSM. The immediate blowback from the various religious organizations that send Chaplains (called Endorsers) was severe - office of the Sec Def got flooded with phone calls from them, and Congress; individual commanding officers let it be known they would not enforce it. We were required to sign the order, and many of us lined out that section indicating unwillingness to comply. Soon word went out to disregard that line, and we just signed an updated version in September that was missing that line. I'm fairly certain some folks reached their terminal rank as a result of not thinking that one through.

The impulse to place safety ... safety to ensure mission ... over constitutional liberty is observed more frequently both in the military and in government. I remind my students (XO/CO/CMC) frequently to remember that we took an oath to something, we cannot then ignore it just because of safety - have to figure out how to keep our oath while thinking about safety. Its not easy, but its not impossible, and military leaders should be able to handle it.
held fast

Offline orerancher

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 07:43:02 AM »
Mr. Nelson,  May I ask...In Your Opinion How many in the US Military, if Ordered to do so, would Attack and use Force against The American People?

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 08:03:14 AM »
Mr. Nelson,  May I ask...In Your Opinion How many in the US Military, if Ordered to do so, would Attack and use Force against The American People?

Very few and only at the very senior levels that are political - down range from them, the orders would be ignored, same way the unconstitutional order against religious liberty was ignored.

I've been in since 1987, have served with all branches of service, and at very senior levels - been with infantry, specops, intel, aviation, ships, you name it. Currently I am the sole morals and ethics facilitator in the leadership pipeline for all Navy Officers (across all communities, restricted, unrestricted and staff) at each wicket of leadership (divo, DH, XO, CO, Major Command) and senior enlisted (E9). They are very much serving on behalf of the American people, not against it - the enemy is china, Iran. Combat arms units (Marines, NSW) are very red very pro America first - they might be compelled to take up arms against communists in the US. A positive effect of the post 9/11 military is a very patriotic spirit in the ranks, even amongst our most diverse and junior folks.

... there are other federal agencies about which I am not at all confident that they would not attack and use force against the American people.
held fast

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 08:24:02 AM »
     I expect the Govt. under a Biden admn .  will  remove the tax exempt status  on  religious  organizations .

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 09:27:07 AM »
If you comply with government orders, you risk losing your soul.
Besides, if you get sick at Church and die, what better place for it to happen.
If our Church didn’t have live broadcasts, we would be there in person.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 09:55:16 AM »
     I expect the Govt. under a Biden admn .  will  remove the tax exempt status  on  religious  organizations .

I expect you're right, and I expect he'll be surprised how little that will mean to many churches. Church has been around a lot longer than America, and has been dealing with taxes since Jerusalem.
held fast

Offline orerancher

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 10:14:20 AM »

Very few and only at the very senior levels that are political - down range from them, the orders would be ignored, same way the unconstitutional order against religious liberty was ignored.

I've been in since 1987, have served with all branches of service, and at very senior levels - been with infantry, specops, intel, aviation, ships, you name it. Currently I am the sole morals and ethics facilitator in the leadership pipeline for all Navy Officers (across all communities, restricted, unrestricted and staff) at each wicket of leadership (divo, DH, XO, CO, Major Command) and senior enlisted (E9). They are very much serving on behalf of the American people, not against it - the enemy is china, Iran. Combat arms units (Marines, NSW) are very red very pro America first - they might be compelled to take up arms against communists in the US. A positive effect of the post 9/11 military is a very patriotic spirit in the ranks, even amongst our most diverse and junior folks.

... there are other federal agencies about which I am not at all confident that they would not attack and use force against the American people.

Thank You!

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2020, 11:22:23 AM »

I expect you're right, and I expect he'll be surprised how little that will mean to many churches. Church has been around a lot longer than America, and has been dealing with taxes since Jerusalem.
What I find surprising is how many willingly follow unconstitutional government mandates.

Offline powderman

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2020, 01:00:40 PM »
Our little Church is small, we closed for a couple of weeks when this crap first started, only 12 of us last SUN. We sing, shake hands, hug like we always have and do NOT wear a mask. No doubt our evildem gov would be appalled. CHARLIE.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2020, 04:48:09 PM »
GOD bless your Church.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye