Author Topic: All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others  (Read 533 times)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Isn't it funny how politicians have no trouble getting vaccinated if they want it while the peons have to wait.

https://www.necn.com/news/coronavirus/gov-sununu-blasts-congress-members-who-got-covid-19-vaccine-irresponsible-and-insulting/2374610/

NH Gov. Blasts Congress Members Who Got COVID Vaccine: ‘Irresponsible and Insulting'

Chris Sununu told NBC10 Boston on Sunday that he blames each and every one of the senators and representatives who got vaccinated before long-term care residents.

Shortly after several congressional leaders took to social media showing themselves getting the COVID-19 vaccine this weekend, New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu called them out on Twitter.

Sununu told NBC10 Boston’s Katherine Underwood during a Sunday interview that he blames each and every one of the senators and representatives who got vaccinated before long-term care residents.

Sens. Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders and Ed Markey were among those who said they received their first dose of Pfizer's vaccine this weekend.

“Because every single one of those vials that’s being used for a congressman or a senator that has been doing nothing, that hasn’t been on the front lines, is another vial of vaccine that isn’t going to a nurse or a resident in a long-term care facility,” Sununu explained of why he is so upset with them.

The governor is standing firm behind his Saturday tweet that said, in part, “Since when is doing nothing an essential function?”

“We’re on the verge of a shutdown right now and they’re getting in line for a vaccine when they’ve actually done nothing for the last eight months,” Sununu explained. “I think I’m just trying to express what most people feel.”

The vaccines allotted to Congress are designed to ensure government continuity amid the crisis. So, at the direction of Congress’ attending physician, several lawmakers received their first dose of the vaccine.

New Hampshire Rep. Annie Kuster was vaccinated and sent NBC10 Boston a statement that read, in part, “I will do anything I can to encourage my constituents to take the vaccine.”

And no matter what side of the aisle, Sununu isn’t mincing words, calling it “irresponsible and insulting” to those on the front lines of the pandemic.

“When it’s my time to get the vaccine, when it’s their time, based on health conditions and their ages, they should step up and get the vaccine,” he said. “The vaccine is safe and effective and I’ll be first one to do so when my number is called, but we are very far away from that point.”

The rest of the New Hampshire delegation opted out of the congressional vaccine supply.

Sens. Maggie Hassan, Jeanne Shaheen, and Congressman Chris Pappas told NBC10 Boston on Sunday they have faith in the vaccine’s safety and efficacy, but want to ensure the people who need it most are vaccinated first.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 03:11:52 AM »
Doublebass-7, do you WANT THE VACCINE SHOT?

I don't, Congress can shoot that stuff into each other every day for all I care.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 03:18:15 AM »

I don't, Congress can shoot that stuff into each other every day for all I care.

I don't want it and I actually do prefer that swamp creatures beta test the vaccine for the rest of us but the question still remains, why do politicians go to the front of the line before first responders and the elderly in nursing homes?
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 03:23:39 AM »
We know for sure that swamp creatures lie and deceive on a regular basis. What we don't know for sure is.....What is in that shot they are receiving.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 03:29:12 AM »

I don't want it and I actually do prefer that swamp creatures beta test the vaccine for the rest of us but the question still remains, why do politicians go to the front of the line before first responders and the elderly in nursing homes?

My mother allegedly had the China virus last August. She died in her sleep last month never really suffering any symptoms. If she were still alive and they offered the  shot to her today I would say no

You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 03:35:56 AM »
I'm sure AARP is in full support of that virtue signaling ... even though members of the medical community are advising against vaccinating the elderly and infirm first, since they are at the highest risk of life threatening adverse reactions, a lot of which remain unknown.

held fast

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 03:38:12 AM »

My mother allegedly had the China virus last August. She died in her sleep last month never really suffering any symptoms. If she were still alive and they offered the  shot to her today I would say no

I would do the same. It's doubtful I will ever take it but I sure wouldn't want anyone in my family to be a beta tester for the vaccine.

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 04:56:10 AM »

The  --  You are GONNA DIE  --  scare tactic is working as my cousin, my brother, and all my close friends are going to get one. :o
I am not.  8)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 05:09:49 AM »

The  --  You are GONNA DIE  --  scare tactic is working as my cousin, my brother, and all my close friends are going to get one. :o
I am not.  8)

This country as we know it is going to die, if we don't open it up and put everybody back to work. Times running out!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline sbilson

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 05:47:49 AM »
This peon doesn't mind waiting. I want to wait and see exactly how this vaccine works in real life before I decide to take it or not.

Offline orerancher

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 07:20:13 AM »
I'm still waitin to Hear, what the DNC is gonna do to FORCE Everyone to Take It...

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2020, 01:06:01 PM »
I'm still waitin to Hear, what the DNC is gonna do to FORCE Everyone to Take It...

They've already said; you will not be able to buy anything, or sell anything, travel by air, or even drive (checkpoints), use public services like renewing your license, vote, collect social security. All of that will require a medical passport with a record of immunization(s) (not just today's but all future and all past, to include HPV for children). The passport number can be converted to a code imprinted on sub dermal chip like the kind currently used on pets, so that you can be scanned when you enter Subway for instance to order a footlong, your code cross referenced to a database, your current medical status verified to determine your eligibility to engage in public commerce. Next step after that is a Universal Basic Income tied to the same ID number, so you can just charge that footlong to your UBI. And should you attempt to purchase what's left of legally owned firearms (which will be smart coded to your DNA, with uniquely stamped firing pins), your sub dermal chip will allow the state ran LGS to check not only your mental health fitness, but tie into Big Tech to see if any of your neighbors have posted disparaging remarks about you on social media that might suggest a tendency to anger or other unwelcome attributes which would prohibit you from owning a firearm. Too many thumbs down, and social services may drop in for an intervention.

I have literally gotten all of that from contemporary liberals speaking out loud over public forums, many of them elected officials or candidates. Welcome to the collective, where individuals do not matter.
held fast

Offline orerancher

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2020, 01:21:47 PM »

They've already said; you will not be able to buy anything, or sell anything, travel by air, or even drive (checkpoints), use public services like renewing your license, vote, collect social security. All of that will require a medical passport with a record of immunization(s) (not just today's but all future and all past, to include HPV for children). The passport number can be converted to a code imprinted on sub dermal chip like the kind currently used on pets, so that you can be scanned when you enter Subway for instance to order a footlong, your code cross referenced to a database, your current medical status verified to determine your eligibility to engage in public commerce. Next step after that is a Universal Basic Income tied to the same ID number, so you can just charge that footlong to your UBI. And should you attempt to purchase what's left of legally owned firearms (which will be smart coded to your DNA, with uniquely stamped firing pins), your sub dermal chip will allow the state ran LGS to check not only your mental health fitness, but tie into Big Tech to see if any of your neighbors have posted disparaging remarks about you on social media that might suggest a tendency to anger or other unwelcome attributes which would prohibit you from owning a firearm. Too many thumbs down, and social services may drop in for an intervention.

I have literally gotten all of that from contemporary liberals speaking out loud over public forums, many of them elected officials or candidates. Welcome to the collective, where individuals do not matter.

Look around...Everyone You see Wearin a Mask, Is Okay with what You Say... I'll have been Killed by the Brown Shirts...

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2020, 01:44:54 PM »
I don't see how 110 million Trump supporters can be so pacified at this point in history....
.TM7

We only have 6 congressman willing to vote no on a bloat product that gives more money per person to the Sudanese than to Americans. We've got a SCOTUS majority and they're afraid of domestic terrorism. GA, that Grand Old bastion of the Grand Old Party fainted like delicate ladies at a June Cotillion with the threat of burning down a few Varsitys in downtown ATL.

This is predictable though, something studied in military science for probably millennia. Out of that 110, probably 1 will stand up when the bullets fly, and there's no good way to say exactly which 1 it will be. No doubt some of those big men in kilts at protests now will not fall in when there's a call to arms. Nothing new; some of the loudest folks when there's no real threat, get real quiet when there's a real threat. And while we'd like to say that if you've stood up before, you'll stand up again ... sadly that's not a guarantee either. Right now we've been pacified by a virus with a 99.5% survival rate.
held fast