Author Topic: Chicago violence: 7 killed, 27 shot on Christmas weekend  (Read 864 times)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Chicago violence: 7 killed, 27 shot on Christmas weekend
« on: December 28, 2020, 02:55:10 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-violence-7-killed-27-shot-on-christmas-weekend

By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

Just another normal weekend up there it seems.

At least seven people were killed – including three on Christmas Day—during the extended holiday weekend in Chicago, reports said.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported that three people were killed in South Chicago early Sunday in a shooting. The three fatalities on Christmas included a shooting victim in Gage Park. A 20-year-old male was found with gunshot wounds to his chest and abdomen, the report said.

There was a separate shooting in Rockford, Ill., on Saturday that resulted in three fatalities in a bowling alley, which was called a random attack. Rockford is about 80 miles outside of Chicago.

The Rockford Register Star reported that 2020 has been the city’s deadliest year for homicides, according to records that date back to 1965. Thirty-five people have been killed in the city this year, breaking the previous record of 31 in 1996.

The Chicago Tribune reported that 753 people have been killed in Chicago this year, which is 244 more than 2019.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Chicago violence: 7 killed, 27 shot on Christmas weekend
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 03:01:15 AM »
Well Bill at least their consistent, and should you go for a visit, you know what to expect.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 03:06:52 AM »
Notice how there are never flags flown at half staff for these people and never 24/7 coverage from the liberal media but if 7 people were killed in a mass shooting somewhere we would have flags at half staff, 24/7 media coverage, national mourning and multiple statements from politicians. I guess these Chicago deaths just plain don't fit the agenda.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 03:09:17 AM »
Maybe in Chicago they only use "half flagpoles", so they are perpetually at half staff.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 04:11:32 AM »
That story is a bit behind,  when I looked on heyjacka**.com this morning they were up to 10.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 04:31:37 AM »
11 now!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 09:30:48 AM »
Well Bill at least their consistent, and should you go for a visit, you know what to expect.
If you go for a visit, lock your gun (unloaded) in a case in a place not convenient for you to reach, and store the ammo in a separate area.
You cannot put your wife’s gun in the same case as yours, and if hers is a different caliber than yours, the two calibers of ammo cannot be stored together.
Then, don’t break any traffic laws because you will be asked if there’s guns in the car/truck.
If you say yes, they’ll make up a reason to take’em, if you say no, they may bring their “trick” drug dog to hit on your vehicle and you’ll spend some serious prison time when they find your gun.
The Illinois state police are very similar to Hitler’s gestapo.
You have been warned.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 10:06:07 AM »
Ya know, its been about 10 years, but Linda and I went to Chicago twice a week for a little over 7 years.
Illinois State Police, and Chicago P.D. told us no handguns, but a shotgun was fine.
Not once did we have any problems with law enforcement, and several times we went into the projects to a Chicago Tribune facility.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 10:36:27 AM »
Right long guns only in  Chicago. No handguns, thus my comments in the other thread on the guy shooting folks in a store.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2020, 09:16:29 AM »
Sounds like a Chicago problem to me and theirs to fix. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2020, 09:36:34 AM »
Interesting to note the American defense company Collins Aerospace and has extensive ties to Communist China—specifically the Collins Aerospace facility located in Rockford-Illinois, that is that city’s sixth largest employer—also to note the US federal police and military forces that have been pouring into this Illinois region perhaps because of the shocking mysterious disappearance of 40 children over the past few months. And the bowling alley shooting yesterday, in Rockford-Illinois, was done by active duty US Army Green Beret commando Sergeant First Class Duke Webb who was arrested for killing three men in an bowling alley—and wounding 3 others.
Alot of stuff going on in Illinois.
.TM7

China , we make the aerospace technology. They steal it or it's given to them by our corrupt politicians. Selling us out for big bucks. 

Offline ironglows

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2020, 11:15:06 AM »
Maybe in Chicago they only use "half flagpoles", so they are perpetually at half staff.

Speaking of flagpoles..it was 1976, when a black teen decided there was no need to use a gun to die.  He decided to jump from high on city hall...and skewered himself on a flagpole below.

https://horrorhistory.net/2017/10/22/teenagers-apparent-suicide-impaled-on-flagpole/

"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2020, 05:12:14 PM »

Speaking of flagpoles..it was 1976, when a black teen decided there was no need to use a gun to die.  He decided to jump from high on city hall...and skewered himself on a flagpole below.

https://horrorhistory.net/2017/10/22/teenagers-apparent-suicide-impaled-on-flagpole/

Ouch.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2020, 05:18:01 PM »
Yeah, bet that left a mark.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2020, 03:43:27 AM »
I guess all those deaths are of little importance to Chicago's city administration...
  ..but if it were a white policeman arresting a gang banger when a death occurred, it would be a national news event, flags would be at half-staff in Washington, and police would be labelled the world's "mad dogs" again.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2020, 07:35:19 AM »
From what I have read and seen on the boob tube, it is similar to North Minneapolis where a goodly number of those shot, and killed, are youths who are NOT in trouble with the law and have zero to do with the murdering human debris that kills them, BUT except for the brief burbs, regardless of parents and relatives asking for help from police, liberals (politicians and TV talking head scum) are more concerned with trashing the police.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2020, 08:24:52 AM »
And pushing forth there anti gun rhetoric regardless of the fact the places with the strictest gun control has the highest murder and death toll due to criminals with guns they coddle in the streets and set free due to there bleeding hearts for them, not for victims and police who’s Hands are tied if they obey there insane rules and laws. I know. Preaching to the choir.