Author Topic: Paul RINO tears into GOP for challenging Pedophile Joe Biden win  (Read 290 times)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
https://www.yahoo.com/news/paul-ryan-excoriates-planned-gop-205857350.html

Paul Ryan excoriates planned GOP effort to challenge Biden's Electoral College win as 'anti-democratic and anti-conservative'

USA TODAY
Paul Ryan excoriates planned GOP effort to challenge Biden's Electoral College win as 'anti-democratic and anti-conservative'
Christal Hayes, USA TODAY
Sun, January 3, 2021, 6:01 PM EST
WASHINGTON – Former House Speaker Paul Ryan excoriated fellow Republicans Sunday in a rare statement that called planned GOP efforts to challenge President-elect Joe Biden's win "anti-democratic and anti-conservative."

Ryan, a Republican from Wisconsin who served as House Speaker from 2015 to 2019, has seldom weighed in on events since leaving office, but issued a lengthy statement decrying Republican plans to object to certifying the Electoral College results in a joint session of Congress on Wednesday. Twelve incoming and sitting Republican senators and dozens of GOP House members plan to object to the count over President Donald Trump's baseless claims of widespread voter fraud.

"Efforts to reject the votes of the Electoral College and sow doubt about Joe Biden’s victory strike at the foundation of our republic," Ryan said in a statement. "It is difficult to conceive of a more anti-democratic and anti-conservative act than a federal intervention to overturn the results of state-certified elections and disenfranchise millions of Americans. The fact that this effort will fail does not mean it will not do significant damage to American democracy."

Ryan asked fellow conservatives to think about the "precedent that it would set" and noted the Trump campaign's failed efforts in the court to challenge election results in a number of states.

"The Trump campaign had ample opportunity to challenge election results, and those efforts failed from lack of evidence. The legal process was exhausted, and the results were decisively confirmed," he added. "The Department of Justice, too, found no basis for overturning the result. If states wish to reform their processes for future elections, that is their prerogative. But Joe Biden’s victory is entirely legitimate."

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., was the first senator to announce plans to object to the electoral vote count. Since then, a batch of 11 GOP senators joined in a similar effort, vowing to object to the certification of Biden's win when Congress meets in a joint session on Wednesday if an election commission was not formed to investigate the election and claims of fraud.

While the effort to overturn results is doomed to fail, the objections will launch a dramatic and lengthy process that includes two hours of debate and a vote in each chamber for each state that is challenged.

The process is likely to stretch into an all-day event that will start the new Congress off with a divisive political battle.

Ryan, who ran as the Republican party's nominee for vice president on the ticket with Sen. Mitt Romney in 2012, has rarely spoken out since leaving office. He was often a target of Trump while serving in the House and continued to receive scorn even after leaving the House.

In one of his only other notable remarks since departing Washington, Ryan was quoted in "American Carnage," a 2019 book by Politico reporter Tim Alberta, as saying that Trump didn't know "anything about government" and retirement was an "escape hatch" because he couldn't stand another two years with Trump as president.

Trump has said that Republicans like Ryan "almost killed" the party, calling him "weak, ineffective & stupid." The president has also called Ryan a "baby" and said he "couldn't get him out of Congress fast enough."

Ryan has remained mum on responding to many of Trump's attacks, trying to stay out of the fray even as his friend and former running mate Romney became Trump's No. 1 GOP target. In late November, Ryan reportedly called for Trump to concede and drop his lawsuits, telling virtual banking conference attendees Trump's campaign was offering "baseless conspiracy theories."
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Paul RINO tears into GOP for challenging Pedophile Joe Biden win
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 03:17:20 AM »
Ryan is just another RINO going through withdrawal. He hasn't had an opportunity to make money selling out Americans, and has the itch.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 05:26:37 AM »
All the other RINOs are coming out of the woodwork now in favor of Pedophile Joe stealing the election. Mitt Obamney, Lindsey Grahamnesty, Dick Cheney, Pat Toomey, etc.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 05:35:48 AM »
Is Ryan angling for a personal 'China plum' ?
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 08:33:16 AM »
We need to heed the words of Thomas Jefferson.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 11:21:45 AM »
I seem to remember the Pauls used to be the darlings of some of the conservatives on this website. I have never been  impressed with either of them so Rand's actions don't surprise me a bit. He reminds me of John McCain.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 08:27:52 AM »
I seem to remember the Pauls used to be the darlings of some of the conservatives on this website. I have never been  impressed with either of them so Rand's actions don't surprise me a bit. He reminds me of John McCain.

Read the story. This thread is about Paul Ryan AKA Paul RINO, not Rand Paul. I seem to remember when Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney used to be the darlings of some of the conservatives on this website. Much more so than Rand Paul or Ron Paul. I don't agree with everything Rand Paul does but he's hundreds of miles ahead of John McCain AKA Juan McAmnesty.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 08:36:36 AM »
I agree with that. On the other hand, Paul Ryan has always been a little weasel.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 10:14:10 AM »
I agree with that. On the other hand, Paul Ryan has always been a little weasel.

Definitely, he is right up there with Romney for King RINO.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 01:19:28 PM »
 I guess I don't recall anywho held any of those Rinos as "darlings", but surely many here voted for some like McCain & Romney..simply in hopes of either getting rid of Obama, or preventing his election..
...Not the average guy's fault that they were offered no better by the Repugnicans.  Same goes for Bob Dole and the Bushes.... but both were at least a small step ahead of the alternative offered by the Democrats..
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..