Author Topic: UK ordered into total lockdown over covid.  (Read 551 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
UK ordered into total lockdown over covid.
« on: January 04, 2021, 12:15:18 PM »

UK ordered into total lockdown over covid.
« on: Today at 06:11:40 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/world/scotland-uk-new-coronavirus-restrictions

Boris Johnson announces coronavirus lockdown, cases continue to rise
The UK reported nearly 55,000 new infections yesterday, statistics show
Greg NormanBy Greg Norman | Fox News

Fox News Flash top headlines for January 4
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson ordered a national lockdown through mid-February in an effort to combat a variant of the coronavirus that is continuing to rapidly spread in the region.

placeholder
Under the rules, which are set to come into effect as soon as possible, primary and secondary schools, and colleges will be closed for face-to-face learning except for the children of key workers. University students will not be returning until at least mid-February.

Non-essential businesses such as hair salons and restaurants will be closed, although eateries can operate delivery services. As of Monday, England reported more than 26,600 COVID-19 patients in hospitals, which is a 30% jump from a week ago.

"We now have a new variant of the virus and it's been both frustrating and alarming to see the speed with which the new variant is spreading," Johnson said in an address.

Also on Monday, Scotland announced it is implementing a coronavirus lockdown.

The measures in Scotland, which start Tuesday and remain in effect until at least the end of this month, will ask residents to make trips outside of their homes only for essential purposes and to limit the size of outdoor gatherings to two people from separate households, not including children. Schools will also remain closed for in-person learning for most students.

"It is no exaggeration to say that I am more concerned about the situation we face now than I have been at any time since March last year," First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said.  "It is essential that we further limit interaction between different households to stem the spread and bring the situation back under control, while we vaccinate more people."

Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson watches as nurse Jennifer Dumasi is injected with the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine, during a visit to view the vaccination programme at the Chase Farm Hospital in north London on Monday. (AP)
UK PRIME MINISTER BORIS JOHNSON WARNS 'TOUGHER' CORONAVIRUS MEASURES TO COME AS CASES SOAR WITH NEW VARIANT

Scotland, which has its own devolved government, has often imposed stricter coronavirus restrictions than those in England throughout the pandemic. Johnson said earlier Monday that there is "no question we will have to take tougher measures."

New coronavirus strain is ‘probably already widespread’ in the US: Dr. Nesheiwat
Dr. Janette Nesheiwat discusses the new variant of coronavirus on ‘America’s News HQ.’

The United Kingdom, to date, has recorded 2.65 million coronavirus infections – 54,990 of which were newly reported on Sunday, according to statistics from Johns Hopkins University.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The U.K. on Monday also became the first country in the world to begin administering AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford's coronavirus vaccine, following emergency authorization last week.

The first vaccine went to 82-year-old dialysis patient Brian Pinker at Oxford University Hospital, according to a statement from NHS England. Pinker said the vaccination brought peace of mind as he looks forward to celebrating his 48th wedding anniversary with his wife Shirley in February.

Fox News’ Kayla Rivas contributed to this report.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: UK ordered into total lockdown over covid.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 05:13:24 PM »
Coming to a USA near you.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 04:40:01 AM »
This entire thing is so stupid and over blown.

I'm not even personally convinced there is a separate covid virus identified to call c19. The common cold is a covid virus also as is numerous other respiratory illnesses we've been getting for centuries. 

Funny that now no one gets a cold, the flu, bronchitis, pneumonia or any other of those types of of respiratory problems. Now its all called covid 19. A proper study of causes of death would show the number of deaths from all those are now down bt almost exactly the amount covid19 deaths reported.

It ain't real folks, it's only a pretend pandemic, the only purpose is people control and taking away our Constitution rights.

Guess what, it's working.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 04:57:46 AM »
Some governors and mayors, don't seem to be very worried. About themselves, still doing things and going places. Lockdowns don't seem to apply to them, only to us. Reopening a restaurant so them and thier buddies
can go party there, and I don't see them wearing a mask. Gavin Newsom, Cuomo and Blasio. Not a care in the world.

Offline VA Rifleman

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 05:30:50 AM »
Coming to a USA near you.

The great reset. Destroy the current system before that “ build back better” part.
Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 05:48:42 AM »

I'm not even personally convinced there is a separate covid virus identified to call c19. The common cold is a covid virus also as is numerous other respiratory illnesses we've been getting for centuries. 

Funny that now no one gets a cold, the flu, bronchitis, pneumonia or any other of those types of of respiratory problems. Now its all called covid 19. A proper study of causes of death would show the number of deaths from all those are now down bt almost exactly the amount covid19 deaths reported.

It ain't real folks, it's only a pretend pandemic, the only purpose is people control and taking away our Constitution rights.

^^^100%^^^

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 06:24:56 AM »

^^^100%^^^

Make that 200%!
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 06:57:35 AM »
  Heard a new one , Bham mayor has covid pneumonia  on the  morning news .

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 07:37:58 AM »
President Trump came down with covid19. It was amazeing how quickly he recovered. Is there some new drug they aren't telling us about? Quinine maybe? But that's been around for decades.   

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 11:10:53 AM »
He recovered so quickly because covid19 IS NOT REAL! It's a fake.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!