Author Topic: PROUD boys leader arrested for burning terrorist blm flag  (Read 321 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
PROUD boys leader arrested for burning terrorist blm flag
« on: January 04, 2021, 02:34:18 PM »

PROUD boys leader arrested for burning terrorist blm flag
« on: Today at 08:30:22 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/proud-boys-leader-arrested-burning-011119907.html

Proud Boys leader 'arrested for burning BLM flag'
Mon, January 4, 2021, 7:11 PM CST
Enrique Tarrio, leader of the US far-right Proud Boys
Enrique Tarrio says his far-right group will turn out in numbers on Wednesday
The leader of the far-right Proud Boys group has reportedly been arrested in Washington DC on suspicion of burning a Black Lives Matter flag last month.

Enrique Tarrio faces misdemeanour destruction of property charges, according to US media.

He has reportedly admitted burning a banner taken from a black church during a rally in December in the city.

President Donald Trump has been urging supporters to gather in the capital this week for another demonstration.

On Wednesday, members of Congress are due to certify Democratic President-elect Joe Biden's election victory before he takes office on 20 January.

Mr Tarrio has said on the social media app Parler that the Proud Boys will "turn out in record numbers on Jan 6th", referring to his members as "the most notorious group of extraordinary gentlemen".

Who are Proud Boys and antifa?

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police Department, Dustin Sternbeck, told the Washington Post on Monday that Mr Tarrio had been stopped in a vehicle shortly after it entered the district.

According to US media, the 36-year-old was also found during his arrest to be in unlawful possession of two devices that allow guns to hold additional bullets, and he was charged accordingly.

The destruction of property charge relates to a protest in Washington DC on 12 December in support of the outgoing Republican president's unsubstantiated claims of systemic election fraud.

Pro-Trump rallies see scuffles in US cities

The mostly peaceful demonstration ended in isolated scuffles as confrontations with counter-protesters broke out. Police said more than three dozen people were arrested and four churches were vandalised.

Mr Tarrio - who lives in Miami, where he also reportedly runs a grassroots organisation called Latinos for Trump - told the Washington Post at the time that he had burned the Black Lives Matter flag.

"Let's make this simple," he said. "I did it."

But he maintained he did not know the Asbury United Methodist Church, where the flag had reportedly flown, was predominantly attended by African American worshippers.

Mr Tarrio also said Proud Boy members have had their flags and hats stolen in past demonstrations without anyone being arrested for those alleged incidents.

Earlier on Monday, another black church that was vandalised during December's protest sued Mr Tarrio and the Proud Boys.

Counter-demonstrators were mostly kept at a distance from Trump supporter last month by Washington DC police
The Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church accused the group of climbing over a fence and tearing down a Black Lives Matter sign.

Kristen Clarke, head of the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, said in a statement: "Black churches and other religious institutions have a long and ugly history of being targeted by white supremacists in racist and violent attacks meant to intimidate and create fear.

"Our lawsuit aims to hold those who engage in such action accountable."

The city's police department said last month it had been considering a potential hate crime charge over the incident.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: PROUD boys leader arrested for burning terrorist blm flag
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 03:24:24 PM »
I don't really know that much about Proud Boys, but I'll I'll take'em over ANTIFA, and BLM any day.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 05:05:16 PM »
Burn America flag, no problem.
Burn BLM flag, go to jail.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 08:55:10 PM »
I'd like to know more about what this was.

"According to US media, the 36-year-old was also found during his arrest to be in unlawful possession of two devices that allow guns to hold additional bullets, and he was charged accordingly."

It sounds like pure BS to me....

Tony

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 10:06:40 PM »
boy do I agree with that one. He would have probably got a medal if he burned a confederate flag that actually stands for something. American men died for that flag. On the bright side i dont think theres a court in the land even with a liberal judge that would prosecute someone with there only offence being that they burned a blm flag. Maybe in CA for causing air pollution. But theres only one flag sacerate  to me. About had to be more to this. 
Burn America flag, no problem.
Burn BLM flag, go to jail.
blue lives matter

Offline ironglows

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 01:54:05 AM »
I'd like to know more about what this was.

"According to US media, the 36-year-old was also found during his arrest to be in unlawful possession of two devices that allow guns to hold additional bullets, and he was charged accordingly."

It sounds like pure BS to me....

Tony

Sounds like BS to me also... if he didn't have the gun also, what difference does it make?
   Why didn't they explain what these "devices" were.. Were they extended magazines or what?  It sounds contrived to me!

The hypocrisy of it all..they arrest the guy for some kind of device..whatever that is..
.... But at the same time, that same city is unable to keep illegal guns out of the hands of convicted felons, who are running around in that city every day !
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 03:11:08 AM »
Well,  a sign, banner, or flag, taken off a business, home, or church without permission, and burned, without permission of the owner is illegal.
Having a rifle, or pistol magazine holding more than 10 rounds in DC is illegal whether in a gun or not.

If they choose to enforce it.

Offline VA Rifleman

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 04:48:17 AM »
Same prosecutor as the one that went after Roger Stone and leaked the raid to CNN.
Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 05:10:28 AM »
I don't think any reasonable conservative would expect consistent fairness, or fairness at all, from democratic left wing liberal courts.

The only question left is; comply and cooperate,  or resist and pay the price.