Author Topic: Congresscritters told to wear gas masks as police fight protesters inside capito  (Read 995 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)

Cogressdeitters told to wear gas masks as police fight protesters inside capitol
« on: Today at 02:53:44 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/live-updates-pence-has-power-to-block-certification-trump-says

Live Updates: Congress hit by violence from protesters amid Electoral Vote certification
About a dozen Republican senators say they'll object to states' election results
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

Senate meets to certify Electoral College vote

Congress on Wednesday met to certify the Electoral College vote, but was forced to go into lockdown as the Capitol Building was hit by violence from protesters and reports of suspicious packages.

FAST FACTS
Trump has repeatedly charged for two months that the presidential election was "rigged."
Pence will preside over the joint session on Wednesday, but he is expected to play a mostly ceremonial role.
Protesters from a pro-Trump rally descended on the Capitol, clashing with police and leading authorities to lockdown the buildings -- and put the chambers into recess as lawmakers debated the certification of the Electoral College votes.

Follow below for more updates. Mobile users click here.

LIVE

FoxLiveBlogTeam
REPORTER
9 minutes ago
Trump urges protesters to stay 'peaceful' amid continuing violence

Trump tweets, urging protesters to "stay peaceful!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346904110969315332?s=20
FoxLiveBlogTeam
REPORTER
10 minutes ago
Cotton says 'this needs to end now'

Sen. Tom Cotton calls for an end to all violence as protesters enter the Capitol building.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Give'm hell boys!
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
I just got to where I could
look at a television. Exactly
what "violence " is going on
or has gone on ?
I haven't seen anything so far
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline VA Rifleman

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Report of capital police shooting a women at the capital building. Looks bad.
Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Offline Dee

Yeah, it ain't looking good for her.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
I'm proud of these Patriots! This is exactly what we need. People aren't going to lay down.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
So. . No "protester violence " ?

The so-called news people are
insinuating that this huge group
of "white nationalists " is poised
to burn and loot DC
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
So. . No "protester violence " ?

The so-called news people are
insinuating that this huge group
of "white nationalists " is poised
to burn and loot DC

Of course the enemy would say that.

Offline Dee

Well, it seems the Capital police shot the 27 year old military veteran gal. She died.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
the gas mask thing made me wonder. Is this something they keep at those buildings for a riot. Something thats never happened before and something they obviously were woefully unprepared for. Almost seems to me they knew this was going to happen. Makes a guy wonder if it wasnt stirred up by a plan by the democrats to stop the challanges to biden.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

The old BSA motto. Be prepared.

Offline Davyboy

I saw the female Rep on NBC this morning. “I couldn’t put my gas mask on.  I couldn’t even get the bag open. Then we heard gunshots. How Frightening!”  It’s about time these people feel some fear.  What about the folks in Mpls, St Louis, Portland, Kenosha?  Peaceful protests?  Ya right.  All that as a result of the continuous escalation of tensions from the likes of Obummer, Mad Maxine Waters,  Commielala  “people take their grievances to the streets-and they SHOULD”,  and the rep from Michigan with her “army who knows how to get it done”.  The list goes on and on.  They have no idea how dangerous it is.  Now it's spilling into DC and they don't like it.

My first post

Offline Dee

Good point.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
I saw the female Rep on NBC this morning. “I couldn’t put my gas mask on.  I couldn’t even get the bag open. Then we heard gunshots. How Frightening!”  It’s about time these people feel some fear.  What about the folks in Mpls, St Louis, Portland, Kenosha?  Peaceful protests?  Ya right.  All that as a result of the continuous escalation of tensions from the likes of Obummer, Mad Maxine Waters,  Commielala  “people take their grievances to the streets-and they SHOULD”,  and the rep from Michigan with her “army who knows how to get it done”.  The list goes on and on.  They have no idea how dangerous it is.  Now it's spilling into DC and they don't like it.

My first post

Good post. This was the first time in modern history that the swamp creatures felt fear. That is always a good thing.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Dee

Yeah, it sure did a lot towards the electoral votes hearings.  Shutting  Cruz  and others up along with close to 200 other Congressman who were in support of Trump really helped his cause. The rioters really added to Trumps case by breaking up that hearing.
Babbit bleeding out on the floor definitely was finishing touch to assure that hearing would go Trumps way.
Scared'em right into Trumps corner.  ::)

Offline Dee

I agree the election was stolen. There is no reliable source on whether the rioters ANTIFA so far.

But I'm seriously interested in your analogy that Pence could have done anything to void any States' electoral votes.
Where is that in the Constitution?

Just because Trump said it, doesn't make it real.

Offline Dee

True Pence tallies the editorial votes. But Congress decides what to do about them.
You are trying to blame someone for Trumps defeat, that has no power other than moderating the hearing.
If blaming Pence makes you feel better about the Congressional decision, I'll not interfere.