Author Topic: Newt Gingrich: 'Enormous Danger' to Dictate If Trump Runs Again  (Read 365 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Newt Gingrich: 'Enormous Danger' to Dictate If Trump Runs Again
« on: January 13, 2021, 08:20:14 AM »
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/newt-gingrich-trump-impeachment-2024/2021/01/13/id/1005389/

By Sandy Fitzgerald    |   Wednesday, 13 January 2021 08:38 AM

It is an "enormous danger" for Democrats, led by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, to push to impeach President Donald Trump in hopes of preventing him from running again for the presidency in 2024, ex-House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Wednesday.

"What I object to is the idea that the U.S. Congress, whether Democrat or Republican, is going to dictate to the American people who they're allowed to vote for," Gingrich said on Fox Business' "Mornings With Maria." "This idea that this is somehow going to make it illegal for Trump to run, that says they think he's popular, that he could win."

Gingrich said he thinks the plan will "blow up on them."

"By right do they think they have the ability to shut up somebody who has 74 million votes?" he added.

He noted that the Democrats have "always hated Trump" and now that he is "wounded" after last week's violence at the Capitol, they are taking their chance at forcing him out.

His comments come as the House prepares to vote on a single article of impeachment against Trump that accuses him of inciting hordes of supporters to stage the attack at the Capitol while Congress was convened to confirm the Electoral College vote for President-elect Joe Biden.

Gingrich said the vote to impeach the president will likely pass, but he does not see how the measure can reach a full trial in the Senate before Biden is sworn in on Jan. 20.

"The founding fathers were deeply opposed to pursuing private citizens once they left office," said Gingrich. "They saw what happened in Great Britain and knew it leads to tyranny and opposed going after somebody after they left office."

Gingrich also commented that Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., who has said she'll vote to impeach Trump, must be careful to say she's only speaking as a lawmaker, not as chair of the House Republican Conference.

Further, he criticized Pelosi's decision to name Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., as an impeachment manager after the controversy surrounding his connections with an alleged Chinese spy.

"There's no question the Chinese won this round," he said. "They are thrilled to have a Biden administration. They are thrilled to have people backing down and I think Xi Jinping must be feeling good."

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Newt Gingrich: 'Enormous Danger' to Dictate If Trump Runs Again
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 05:59:35 PM »
Nah, he ain’t wounded, he has more than three billion bucks in his hip pocket.
Now if pewlosi somehow figures out how to charge him with a crime after he’s gone, well, the Cayman Islands would welcome him and his money, with or without a passport.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 10:03:09 PM »
Tea bags are going to fly...

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 07:39:29 AM »
In the end, I don't think this new "democratic dog" is gonna hunt.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 08:53:05 AM »
Tea bags are going to fly...

It is likely that only history buffs know that the Boston tea Party (Dec 1773), was not the first such an act of rebellion, and the first one was not in Boston harbor.
   It was about a year and a half earlier (June 1772), when some Rhode Islanders, captured a British ship, the Gaspee, on the Providence river, and burned it to the water line.  That was called the "Gaspee affair" !  They just never seemed to get the press coverage that the Boston incident received.
  https://www.landofthebrave.info/the-gaspee.htm
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 09:16:59 AM »
Could be nobody cared what happened in Rhode Island.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 10:39:39 AM »
It's only 45 miles between Boston and Pawtucket.. and they sure did care, as you find when you read the account !
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..