Author Topic: Capitol, statehouse fortified for inauguration, feds issue terror threat.  (Read 671 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)

Capitol, statehouse fortified for inauguration, feds issue terror threat.
« on: Today at 03:13:50 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/law-enforcement-bulletin-feds-violent-extremism-terror-threat

In wake of Capitol riot, feds warn that violent extremists likely pose 'greatest domestic terrorism threats'
Bulletin describes how events of Jan. 6 'will very likely serve as an enduring driver for violence'
By Stephanie Pagones | Fox News

FBI steps up pursuit of Capitol Hill rioters
FOX News correspondent David Spunt has the latest from the Justice Department on 'Special Report'

Violent extremist activity will likely surge in the United States and pose "the greatest domestic terrorism threat in 2021," a trio of federal law enforcement agencies warned in a recently released bulletin.

The FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and the National Counterterrorism Center announced in a Joint Intelligence Bulletin released Wednesday that this threat comes from "anti-government or anti-authority violent extremists," such as militia violent extremists (MVEs), racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists and domestic violent extremists "citing partisan political grievances." The document was first obtained and published by Yahoo News.

"In 2021, threats and plotting of illegal activity, including destruction of property and violence targeting officials at all levels of the government, law enforcement, journalists and infrastructure, as well as sporadic violence surrounding lawful protests, rallies, demonstrations, and other gatherings by [domestic violent extremists] will very likely increase due to renewed measures to mitigate the spread of COVI-19, socio-political conditions, and perceived government overreach," the bulletin states.

FBI, NYPD reportedly warned Capitol Police of potential violence ahead of rallyVideo
ZELLO CONFIRMS USE OF WALKIE-TALKIE APP DURING CAPITOL RIOTS, WILL 'BAN ALL MILITIA-RELATED CHANNELS'

The memo was released in the wake of last week’s attack on Capitol Hill. On Jan. 6., hundreds of apparent Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol building – some armed with guns or zip-ties – where they smashed or dismantled property and went into House and Senate leaders’ chambers. Meanwhile, Hill staffers and lawmakers were under lockdown, or hid behind chairs or under desks and tables.

Five people, including a U.S. Capitol Police officer, died during or in connection with Wednesday's events.

The bulletin further describes how the events of Jan. 6 "will very likely serve as an enduring driver for violence by a range of domestic violent extremists."

The siege and the subsequent deaths of those involved "very likely will serve to galvanize [domestic violent extremists] and increase collaboration" between the other extremists, the document states. The extremists "may also perceive the event as a step toward achieving their initiatives, and consider the death of a perceived like-minded individual as an act of martyrdom."

Supporters of President Trump wear gas masks and military-style apparel as they walk around inside the Rotunda after breaching the US Capitol in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 6, 2021.
Supporters of President Trump wear gas masks and military-style apparel as they walk around inside the Rotunda after breaching the US Capitol in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 6, 2021.  (SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images)

On Monday, a federal law enforcement source told Fox News an internal bureau memo was circulating that warned of armed protests that would be held in all 50 state capital cities in the days leading up to Inauguration Day on Jan. 20.

PELOSI ANNOUNCES FINES FOR MEMBERS AVOIDING METAL DETECTORS AT CAPITOL

placeholder
Yahoo News later exclusively reported that the FBI’s Minneapolis Field Office memo – sent to local and state agencies at the end of December – cited "collaborative sources" who told investigators that members of the "boogaloo" movement would be hosting potentially violent events on Jan. 17.

Speaking to the potential for increased violence in 2021, the bulletin describes how this year – when domestic violent extremists "perceive increased socio-political pressures following the Presidential Inauguration" – they "may be inspired to carry out more violence, including violence against racial, ethnic, and religious minorities and associated institutions, journalists, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and other targets."

The document cites events that could potentially turn violent and identifies motivating factors as being "false narratives" about the 2020 General Election’s legitimacy, COVID-19 requirements and measures and conspiracy theories.

In the coming days, domestic violent extremists "could exploit upcoming events to engage in or justify violence, including events attended by MVEs and 'boogaloo' adherents scheduled nationally from 16 to 20 January; the 20 January Presidential Inauguration and associated events ... and any departure of the 45th President from office prior to the end of his term," the agencies warned.

At least 25 cases of domestic terrorism opened after Capitol Hill riotVideo
Meanwhile, after last week’s insurrection, investigators are combing through a mountain of online posts, street surveillance and other intelligence, including information that suggests mobs could try to storm the Capitol again and threats to kill some members of Congress.

Thousands of National Guard troops are protecting the Capitol ahead of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration. Governors and lawmakers are also stepping up protections at statehouses after an FBI bulletin this week warned of threats to legislative sessions and other inaugural ceremonies.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

A primary concern is the safety of members of Congress, particularly when they are traveling through airports, two U.S. officials briefed on the matter told the Associated Press.

Since last week, the FBI has opened 170 case files and has received more than 100,000 pieces of digital media. The threats have ranged in specificity and complexity, according to officials briefed on them, making it difficult for authorities to determine which could be credible.

Fox News' David Spunt and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

Stephanie Pagones is a Digital Reporter for FOX Business and Fox News. Follow her on Twitter at @steph_pagones.

Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
I wonder if its registered with ole Hiden Biden that some 20,000 troops had to be deployed to protect his sorry ass, during his illigitiment inauguration.

That's sayin sumthin right there.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
I wonder if its registered with ole Hiden Biden that some 20,000 troops had to be deployed to protect his sorry ass, during his illigitiment inauguration.

^^^^^^^ this

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)

Yeah , an I bet didnt  one of the 20,000 vote for him . 

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
20,000 troops to install an illegitimate dictator.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline ironglows

....Using troops to assist in perpetrating a crime ?
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
The Democratic "plan-demic", the PAID terrorists in Conservative clothing, the fake and Democratically ENCOURAGED Capitol riot, the FAKE Democratic "outrage", the lickspittal and swill swallowing Media's kiting of the rhetoric to epic proportions, the DOUBLE STANDARD in legal proceedings, all to heap MORE DIRT on President Trump is outrageous, contemptuous, and the fruit from which "dumping tea" will consume all.   

Offline VA Rifleman

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Expressing a increasingly popular opinion, a DC worker shares thoughts on Joes inauguration.

“If you need all this to protect your inauguration from the people, maybe the f***ing people didn’t f***ing elect you!”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/01/worker-showing-video-military-checkpoints-dc-need-protect-inauguration-people-maybe-people-didnt-elect/
Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Offline magooch

Don't ya have to wonder who this double is who is playing "Ole Joe"?  The real Joe couldn't get a two word sentence out of his pie-hole without messing it up.  This double they've got can usually almost make a full sentence--sometimes.
Swingem

Offline wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
Wait for it, dhs, fbi and other feds issued warnings about potential riots in Washington and state capitols on inauguration day. Would it be a reach for antifa and blm to pose as Trump supporters an incite violence for it to be blamed on Trump supporters and give the dems more cause to clamp down? Just wondering.
wtxbadger

Offline powderman

News on TV now says 25,000 NG troops. The evil ones are planning something big. KY sent 200, saw a pic of them laying on the bare capitol floor trying to rest or sleep, hope our gov at least made provisions to feed them. This should all prove the SOB was NOT elected. You can bet the antifa a B  URN  L OOY  M URDER terrorists have every hotel and motel rooms for many miles around. CHARLIE.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
When they come for the guns, and you know that's next - they will get mine barrel end first - smoking hot.  The Dems ARE instituting a Nazi take over as in 1933.  See this GBO Reloaded thread:

Dennis Prager - The Good American

History repeats itself...only we're much more informed than them.  Will you roll over when they come?

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
Washington DC looks more like Baghdad right now:

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline victorcharlie

Let me get this straight.

1 million Trump supporters descend on DC to support their leader and implore Congress to revue, scrutinize and do due diligence regarding obvious election fraud.
This rally was announced a momth in advance and focused on THE STEAL.

But knowing this in advance crazy Nancy does nothing to prepare for this day just relying on Disney Land 3' people barricades and Capitol PD, which she is in  charge.
Then before hearings in the Electoral College were actually presented zealous rioting elements shut down the procedings instead of waiting for results! Only to watch Pence pull a dead of night certification!

Methinks crazy Nancy and cronies are majorly responsible for the Capitol storming, not only by malfeasance, but by promoting an unlawful culture of rioting and destruction all through the summer of 2020.
She and cronies need to be charged and impeached...

Meanwhile,  this is how a legal and duly elected a Head of State is inaugurated to office - ->

I think you're absolutely correct......Trump can't keep his mouth shut.....tells the demorats well in advance about the rally, and the demorats set him up.....he took the bait and the rest is history.

The democrats just simply out think and out maneuver the Republicans every time.....they're better organized and more centered....

The republicans can't seem to pull there heads out of their rear end.....

Same with the stimulus, it's the peoples money...mine and yours....republicans are the ones who preach tax cuts......the stimulus is a tax cut/rebate no matter how you look at it, and it's directed at the middle class......why they let the democrats get the upper hand on this is bewildering.    They should have voted for just the $2000......and sent us the money.

So, 25,000 troops, 7 foot fences with razor wire.....sure looks like a legitimate election to me....
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
Let me get this straight.

1 million Trump supporters descend on DC to support their leader and implore Congress to revue, scrutinize and do due diligence regarding obvious election fraud.
This rally was announced a momth in advance and focused on THE STEAL.

But knowing this in advance crazy Nancy does nothing to prepare for this day just relying on Disney Land 3' people barricades and Capitol PD, which she is in  charge.
Then before hearings in the Electoral College were actually presented zealous rioting elements shut down the procedings instead of waiting for results! Only to watch Pence pull a dead of night certification!

Methinks crazy Nancy and cronies are majorly responsible for the Capitol storming, not only by malfeasance, but by promoting an unlawful culture of rioting and destruction all through the summer of 2020.
She and cronies need to be charged and impeached...

Meanwhile,  this is how a legal and duly elected a Head of State is inaugurated to office - ->

I think you're absolutely correct......Trump can't keep his mouth shut.....tells the demorats well in advance about the rally, and the demorats set him up.....he took the bait and the rest is history.

The democrats just simply out think and out maneuver the Republicans every time.....they're better organized and more centered....

The republicans can't seem to pull there heads out of their rear end.....

Same with the stimulus, it's the peoples money...mine and yours....republicans are the ones who preach tax cuts......the stimulus is a tax cut/rebate no matter how you look at it, and it's directed at the middle class......why they let the democrats get the upper hand on this is bewildering.    They should have voted for just the $2000......and sent us the money.

So, 25,000 troops, 7 foot fences with razor wire.....sure looks like a legitimate election to me....

Excellent summary.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Newsmax broke down the riot numbers for us.
Leftists- 275
Right.  - 001
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye