Author Topic: Idaho Sheriff and Covid Restrictions  (Read 129 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Idaho Sheriff and Covid Restrictions
« on: January 18, 2021, 05:36:20 AM »
Thank the Lord we still have elected law enforcement

There’s a new sheriff in town, and his name is not Anthony Fauci. Robert “Bob” Norris, the newly elected Sheriff of Kootenai County, Idaho, has let it be known that when it comes to COVID lockdowns and face mask mandates the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO) is not going to be drafted by politicians and so-called health authorities to “enforce an unenforceable law or executive mandate on its citizens.”

Sheriff Norris joins a growing chorus of sheriffs and state and local officials across the nation who are standing up to the new COVID dictators who are using fear to destroy our economy, our jobs, our businesses, and our liberty.
In a January 11 media release, Sheriff Norris told his constituents: “I make this commitment to you, the citizens of Kootenai County. The Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office will not enforce an unenforceable law or executive mandate on its citizens. It is not law enforcement’s job to get between you, your health and your doctor. Period. Enforcing criminal sanctions on otherwise law-abiding people goes against the fundamental principles of the U.S. and Idaho Constitutions.”

“It should be pointed out there is no provision in our Constitution that suspends people’s rights during a ‘declared emergency,’” Sheriff Norris continued. “It is my opinion that the facts are becoming clear with Covid 19 – certain risk groups should take extra precautions, but the vast majority of healthy people who contract Covid-19 will experience flu symptoms and recover from the virus.”

Residents of Kootenai County, a community of around 160,000 in the northern Idaho panhandle, can now take comfort in knowing that deputy sheriffs will not be monitoring their activities or issuing citations for failure to observe “social distancing,” mask mandates, business lockdowns, and other despotic orders.

“We trust citizens to assess their own risk and take the necessary precautions based on their own risk factors,” Sheriff Norris said, evincing common sense and an understanding of the rule of law that has escaped Governors Cuomo and Newsom, and thousands of other power-drunk government officials. “The Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO) role in our community,” Norris noted, “is not to count how many people are in your home or how a private business conducts itself to make a living for the business or its employees. The Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office will never interfere with religious gatherings.”

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Idaho Sheriff and Covid Restrictions
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 08:41:25 AM »
The elected sheriff of a county is the top law enforcers of that county.
They can kick out any federal officer that tries to make an arrest without their consent.
Our own sheriff (Victor Hill Clayton county Ga) has warned federal agencies to see him first.
He’s a tyrant but he’s tough on crime.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye