Author Topic: Future of the AR 15 rifle in the USA.  (Read 1003 times)

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Future of the AR 15 rifle in the USA.
« on: January 19, 2021, 02:09:07 AM »
Talked to my friend last night. He owns a custom gun company, and has a manafacturing license and builds AR 15s among other things. He says his business is thriving. Only problem is parts are getting hard to get, to build with.

He believes amo will be the problem, as the supply line has dried up for the most part. There is a trickle still showing up for sale, but prices are high and you need to buy fast when you get notice a suppler has a fresh batch of ammo.

Me, I just need a case of 357 mag ammo. I’m good on most everything else.
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Future of the AR 15 rifle in the USA.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 02:19:13 AM »
People are stocking up at absorbent prices, and are snatching ammo up as fast as it can be manufactured, and put on the shelves for sale.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 06:50:15 AM »
ars are available. seems companys like psa want to make the big bucks selling a complete gun vs parts to build your own. If you can find the parts in stock sit down and figure out the total of what your buying because they and other companys jacked up the price of parts so its hardly worth building one. No big deal to me. Im ar flush. But a gun that cost me under 400 to build a year ago would cost me 600 to build today. the real challenge is finding ammo. 556 is about as hard to find as 9mm and the prices are through the roof if you do find it. But again it doesnt bother me because i have plenty and the only way to insure you have ammo is to load and cast and stock up supplys. Something ive done routinely since the 70s. but one this sure is for sure. It doesnt seem like anyone is afraid of ars getting confinscated because dealers put them out and there gone in minutes.

Another news flash is it isnt just conservatives buying them either. Liberals are too. It just they arent willing to fight the fight to keep them. Had a buddy over two days ago. He said his brother who lives in lansing came up and gave him all 9 of his guns. His wife told him they had to get taken out of her house. He was going to turn them in and decided at the last minute because 3 were his dads to offer them to his brother. Now i dont know about you but if my brother turned my fathers guns into the cops instead of giving them to me wed be having more then words. I chuckled because when his brother came over he told him that his wife is no longer welcome in his house. Said he came pretty close to telling his brother the same for being  such a wimp. Said his brother used to be a republican but no doubt now votes for whoever that bitch tells him to.
blue lives matter

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 08:03:15 AM »
I really think the "ammo shortage" is a function of supply and demand, along with panic buying.  I have watched "shortages" come and go since ('80s '90s ??) when primers were the short supply item.  You could get anything else just no primers???  Remember the .22 shortage?  High prices then supplies returned and prices went down.  The same will happen again with guns and ammo (especially).   I seriously doubt the ammo manufacturers decided one day to stop making or reduce the supply of ammo because they finally had too much money...  The USA is still the number one supplier of guns and ammo in the world, I don't see that changing.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 10:09:35 AM »
NO AMMO at WM or Rural King last week. >:( >:(
CHARLIE
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline northwoodneil

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 11:04:06 AM »
I made a gun trade yesterday a 380 and 9 boxes of ammo for another old rifle. People were standing in line to buy my ammo before me and the gunsmith worked our deal. I probably could have made a better deal in the parking lot but it just wouldn't have been the right thing to do. I figure I still got about $20 a box on the ammo or a heck of a lot for an LCP II.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

― John Wayne "The Shootist"

Offline DDZ

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 02:15:14 PM »
I had won a 350 legend, that I really didn't have much use for, so I asked the dealer if I could put the value toward a Rock river arms AR. He said I could, and I waited 5 months to get it. I had heard that Rock River was having trouble getting a certain part for the completion of their rifles.  Ammo here is hard to come by also.  Any gun store I walk into and mention primers I get a laugh and them saying they haven't seen a primer for months. With only four companies making primers, I figure all the supply is going to the ammo makers to make ammo for the increased demand, due to the riots this summer, and a lot of first time gun buyers buying firearms and ammo. 
With a Marxist for a president now. I don't think the ammo shortage is going away soon.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn