Author Topic: Going foward  (Read 438 times)

Offline VA Rifleman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Going foward
« on: January 20, 2021, 05:25:14 AM »
 Like many, I struggle with how to proceed. The deck is stacked and the future looks bleak.

Found some thoughts worthy of consideration.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/01/its_time_for_republicans_to_stop_lamenting_and_start_moving_forward.html

Highlights below.

“Do not give up.  Even in the grimmest hours when it seems our hands are tied and there is no way out, remain hopeful, because there is always the unexpected turn of events that can provide us with an exploitable opportunity.  All of these Obama retreads, Democrats gleefully overplaying their hand, the Squad Gone Wild, world events, COVID-19, the eventual ouster of Biden by Harris...are all wild cards we know about.  it is the unknowns we need to be looking for.

Before we start a new party, let's see if we can use the infrastructure already existing with the GOP to suit our purposes.  They know we are ready to bolt.  We won't let them forget that we will leave if they vote to convict or remove Trump.  But we have some real champions in Congress and a pretty stalwart crop of newbies.  It's easier to pressure and primary ten deadbeats in the House who voted with the Democrats to impeach Trump than to blow it all up and start fresh.  So I suggest we wait and see what congressional Republicans do in the next six months. 

Congressional Republicans should vote party-line against every piece of Democrat-sponsored legislation, depriving them of as many legislative victories as possible.  Unless the base and our representatives agree 100% on the proposed legislation and it is consistent with conservative principles, legislation and spending must come to a standstill under this regime.

Conservatives must get more involved in local and state politics and consider running for federal office.  I don't want to hear anyone whine about paying their dues with the Tea Party.  Politics is a team sport, and we need every player.  If all the energy put into articles, books, cruises, comments, and Facebook posts were diverted to action, it would pay dividends.  Moreover, we must blindly support each other the way Democrats do.  Short of committing a crime, we form an impervious and protective swarm around any conservative attacked by the Democrat-Media Complex.  If someone had an affair, was once arrested, had an abortion, or did drugs, so be it.  If that person made amends and adhere to conservative principles, we swarm.  Once a candidate has run a primary, he has our vote — we don't stay home in protest or vote for the libertarian.

Invest in alternatives to the current tech monopolies and let the power of the free market and competition thrive.  It'll take time and be a bumpy ride as tech oligarchs fight to keep their  stranglehold on social media.  Democrats will resist because they profit mightily from Silicon Valley, but we have to play the long game.  There is no easy, short-term fix for this one. 

Organize, organize, organize.  We need a national organization with a website to coordinate action and disseminate information and communications.  The Tea Party was resistant to this, and it was a strength but also our biggest liability.  We cannot repeat that mistake.  Local groups would still take action and should be able to share ideas and concerns, buta credible, national internet presence akin to MoveOn.org is critical to helping us organize and mobilize.

For now, no protests, marches, rallies, or demonstrations — peaceful or otherwise.  I am the first person to support peaceful demonstrations, but not at this time.  Democrat-supported Antifa and BLM thugs will show up to agitate, instigate, antagonize, and provoke.  Even with documentation, eyewitness accounts, and video tape, we will always be cast as the villain and made to pay.  We cannot afford to have anyone arrested, imprisoned, hurt, or killed.  No matter our passion and need for justice, this will distract us from our goals; we cannot give that advantage to the left at this time”
Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Going foward
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 05:38:31 AM »
I'm not sure their any more aware than the Democrats. McConnell is still running his turtle neck mouth.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 09:45:44 AM »
The Colonial Militias trained for quite sometime before Concord and Lexington happened.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 12:03:23 PM »
Interesting article/opinion piece. The million dollar question does seem to be the decision between splitting off from the repub party and starting another one or attempting reforming the current repub party. On the plus side of forming a new party there would not be all of the old moneyed influence/status quo interference trying to sabotage or suppress reforming the current repub party. The minus side of that is building infrastructure necessary to promote a new party, their platform and get boots on the ground going door to door along with with the tech side of things to recruit younger people. Thinking its an easy thing can be easily answered by looking at the libertarian party who have been around for a long time and have gained supporters but still struggle and have little influence on national politics.

A true reform of the repub party would take a two pronged approach from a ground roots approach and also effectively removing those currently in office by defeating them in the primaries. The ground roots approach means getting involved at the local level and removing the rino's who go along to get along. On the state and national level it takes choosing and encouraging and supporting people who have the values and strength to stand up and fight.

Just my opinion but from where I'm sitting the better odds are reform and not splintering off. The time to start is now and not wait until a few weeks before the mid-terms. Last minute anythings don't make a difference, it's life which means one day at a time, one week at a time, one month at a time and never yielding or giving up. Lot's of people are feeling jaded by not just this election but prior ones and have given up. That is exactly what their political opposites are counting on and hoping for, to drive their opponents into the ground with despair or fear. I've never quit anything in my life and have the scars to prove it but darned if I'll ever quit fighting.

wtxbadger

Offline orerancher

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 01:56:25 PM »
You're  Assuming the DNC is not gonna have the Midterms Rigged?

Offline ironglows

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 02:01:09 PM »
  WE can be losing all the way around, for the future...or we could start taking everything back in2022..

It all depends upon whether we can somehow once again, get honest and fair elections.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 02:24:56 PM »
  WE can be losing all the way around, for the future...or we could start taking everything back in2022..

It all depends upon whether we can somehow once again, get honest and fair elections.

We won't. The left isn't going to give up its Dominion machines . Or they would have in Georgia. 

Online DDZ

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 03:12:59 PM »
You're  Assuming the DNC is not gonna have the Midterms Rigged?

I'm certainly not assuming that. In fact its a given future elections will be rigged. The Marxists have proven they can steal an election., and they will continue to do so, and with the media they can just say the elections are fair. Who will challenge them? Its been proven the republicans or even the courts will not. What is going to change in two years, or even four?  Who is going to make it right? The Republicans? Its laughable to think anything is going to be made right as far as elections go in the future. Our most important peaceful avenue to liberty has been taken from us. We will never see another fair election in this country again.  The only reason trump won in 16 was they were not fully prepared for all the people voting for him.  Look at the democratic primary.  Does anyone really think a criminal with dementia, that got his ass handed to him the first 3 primaries, went on to win democratic primary?  From the time trump won in 16, it has been planned by the radical left to not let it happen again. From having a incapable Biden run that can be manipulated by the radical left and China to the corona virus. It was all very well planned. I just cant believe they got away with a theft that big.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 04:00:40 PM »
Agreed DDZ. The obstacle everybody seems to forget is, you can win all the states you want, but you can't win Wisconsin, Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, California, and Nevada. They cheat and get away with it.

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 11:35:06 PM »
Agreed DDZ. The obstacle everybody seems to forget is, you can win all the states you want, but you can't win Wisconsin, Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, California, and Nevada. They cheat and get away with it.

You left out Oregon.  Our democrap leaders taught them how to run mail in voting scams...

Tony

Online DDZ

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 12:52:09 AM »
I believe there were other states besides the swing states that were in on the cheat. Especially the states with democratic governors. There just wasn't as much effort put into the other states. The marxist bastards knew they only needed Mich, Wis., Pa, Ga., Az to steal it. I do believe there was a lot of cheating in Va, and Minnesota also. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 01:38:15 AM »
I believe there were other states besides the swing states that were in on the cheat. Especially the states with democratic governors. There just wasn't as much effort put into the other states. The marxist bastards knew they only needed Mich, Wis., Pa, Ga., Az to steal it. I do believe there was a lot of cheating in Va, and Minnesota also.

My state is only 4 electoral votes (NH) but the Pedophile won by 10 percentage points even though our Republican governor was reelected in a landslide, our state senate flipped back to Republican, our state house of reps flipped back to Republican and our executive council flipped back to Republican. Things that make you go hmmm....
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Dee

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 02:38:39 AM »
Well, I'll vote again, but it will be a vote with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Online DDZ

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2021, 03:19:11 AM »

My state is only 4 electoral votes (NH) but the Pedophile won by 10 percentage points even though our Republican governor was reelected in a landslide, our state senate flipped back to Republican, our state house of reps flipped back to Republican and our executive council flipped back to Republican. Things that make you go hmmm....

Exactly! There is so much of those kind of things that happened.  Really I think just the fact that a criminal/sex offender/ pedophile, that has dementia, Someone who didn't campaign, lost minority voters to trump, and somehow got 81 million votes is enough proof.  There is a mountain of evidence that a Biden win doesn't come close to passing the smell test.  Biden absolutely did not win the presidency, and I will never refer to him as Americas president. After 4 years of the radical left party that he belongs to, that put Trump through hell, now he wants unity. What a (censored word) joke.