Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard sticks up for Trump supporters  (Read 643 times)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Tulsi Gabbard sticks up for Trump supporters
« on: January 25, 2021, 02:22:44 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/tulsi-gabbard-domestic-terrorism-bill-150500083.html

Tulsi Gabbard: Domestic-Terrorism Bill Is ‘a Targeting of Almost Half of the Country’

Brittany Bernstein
Sat, January 23, 2021, 10:05 AM

Tulsi Gabbard, the former Democratic representative from Hawaii, on Friday expressed concern that a proposed measure to combat domestic terrorism could be used to undermine civil liberties.

Gabbard’s comments came during an appearance on Fox News Primetime when host Brian Kilmeade asked her if she was “surprised they’re pushing forward with this extra surveillance on would-be domestic terror.”

“It’s so dangerous as you guys have been talking about, this is an issue that all Democrats, Republicans, independents, Libertarians should be extremely concerned about, especially because we don’t have to guess about where this goes or how this ends,” Gabbard said.

She continued: “When you have people like former CIA Director John Brennan openly talking about how he’s spoken with or heard from appointees and nominees in the Biden administration who are already starting to look across our country for these types of movements similar to the insurgencies they’ve seen overseas, that in his words, he says make up this unholy alliance of religious extremists, racists, bigots, he lists a few others and at the end, even libertarians.”

She said her concern lies in how officials will define the characteristics they are searching for in potential threats.

“What characteristics are we looking for as we are building this profile of a potential extremist, what are we talking about? Religious extremists, are we talking about Christians, evangelical Christians, what is a religious extremist? Is it somebody who is pro-life? Where do you take this?” Gabbard said.

She said the proposed legislation could create “a very dangerous undermining of our civil liberties, our freedoms in our Constitution, and a targeting of almost half of the country.”

“You start looking at obviously, have to be a white person, obviously likely male, libertarians, anyone who loves freedom, liberty, maybe has an American flag outside their house, or people who, you know, attended a Trump rally,” Gabbard said.

The Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2021 was introduced in the House earlier this week in the aftermath of rioting at the U.S. Capitol earlier this month that left five dead.

“Unlike after 9/11, the threat that reared its ugly head on January 6th is from domestic terror groups and extremists, often racially-motivated violent individuals,” Representative Brad Schneider (D., Ill.) said in a statement announcing the bipartisan legislation.

“America must be vigilant to combat those radicalized to violence, and the Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act gives our government the tools to identify, monitor and thwart their illegal activities. Combatting the threat of domestic terrorism and white supremacy is not a Democratic or Republican issue, not left versus right or urban versus rural. Domestic Terrorism is an American issue, a serious threat the we can and must address together,” he said.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Tulsi Gabbard sticks up for Trump supporters
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 04:25:14 AM »
  Sometimes she seems almost too honest to be a "party" democrat!  ...And perhaps too honest for some republicans!
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 04:32:12 AM »
She's a Democrat. And a former representative. Her opinion is worthless.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline VA Rifleman

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 04:32:19 AM »
At times, she reminds me a Dem Rand Paul who I have come to enjoy.
Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 07:52:17 AM »
I'm willing to listen to anyone who is willing to support our Constitutional rights. The enemy of my enemy is my friend
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 08:48:09 AM »
I can’t get past the fact that all democrats butcher babies.
And all democrats have removed GOD from everything.

If they don’t fit the above criteria, they should denounce and quit the democrat party.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 09:15:39 AM »
I'm willing to listen to anyone who is willing to support our Constitutional rights. The enemy of my enemy is my friend
Bravo.
This country is being divided into little fiefdoms of people whose world ends at the end of the nose.
The old saying is know thine enemy and that is not done by ignoring and not paying attention to what they say and do but those who do this in a shotgun method not paying attention to details deserve any misery it brings on them as the devil is in the details.

All the brouhaha about butchering babies is blind arrogance.
While late term abortion is  butchering a baby, having known first hand the life of those born into the sleaze hole many cities are and what happens to bastard children, an early term abortion is a God send for them, life would be hell on earth.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 09:55:37 AM »
Bravo.
This country is being divided into little fiefdoms of people whose world ends at the end of the nose.
The old saying is know thine enemy and that is not done by ignoring and not paying attention to what they say and do but those who do this in a shotgun method not paying attention to details deserve any misery it brings on them as the devil is in the details.

While late term abortion is  butchering a baby, having known first hand the life of those born into the sleaze hole many cities are and what happens to bastard children, an early term abortion is a God send for them, life would be hell on earth.
Calling abortion a GODSEND is dangerous words.
I’m pretty convinced now that you are a liberal so this will be the last words I say to you.
When we were younger we took care of “bastard” children in our home.
Now that we’re old, we do it with our wallets.
You liberals just kill’em so you can shirk the responsibilities that GOD ordered you to do which is to take care of those in need.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 10:18:13 AM »
Problem is. We’re killing the innocent. The ones that are in need of killing (IMO) are the babie daddy’s...

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 10:22:56 AM »
I’m pretty convinced now that you are a liberal so this will be the last words I say to you.
You liberals just kill’em so you can shirk the responsibilities that GOD ordered you to do which is to take care of those in need.
Call me what you want as you ae rather narrow minded any way.

Yep leaving God's Kingdom to come down here is SO, SO, SO much better for children than staying there because a child was aborted.
Self-righteous arrogance over riding reality.

Nationally, nearly 105,000 children from birth to age 3 entered foster care in federal fiscal year (FY) 2017. Experiencing maltreatment can negatively affect children at any age, but the implications for infants and toddlers are especially severe. Abuse and neglect during early developmental stages can permanently alter brain functioning, which has lasting effects into adulthood. Effective prevention and intervention approaches are critical to averting such harm.

Infants and toddlers are twice as likely as older children to enter foster care. In the last 10 years, the rate of foster care entries for infants and toddlers has far exceeded the rate for older children and has driven the overall increase in foster care entry rates. In FY 2017, the rate was more than double, with 6.6 per 1,000 children ages 3 and younger entering foster care, compared to 2.8 for ages 4 to 17.

https://www.childtrends.org/infants-and-toddlers-are-more-likely-than-older-children-to-enter-foster-care-because-of-neglect-and-parental-drug-abuse

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 11:32:06 AM »
    This bill could turnout to be a gun grab . No 2nd amendment rights for terrorist .

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 01:10:13 PM »
    This bill could turnout to be a gun grab . No 2nd amendment rights for terrorist .

Bingo! This is extremely important. It will become just like the no fly list. Guilty until proven innocent. We will lose out 2A rights before even getting a day in court, just like red flag laws.

We should be happy that at least one Democrat like Tulsi is speaking out against this whether she's our friend or not.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 01:35:47 PM »

Yep leaving God's Kingdom to come down here is SO, SO, SO much better for children than staying there because a child was aborted.

Nationally, nearly 105,000 children from birth to age 3 entered foster care in federal fiscal year (FY) 2017. Experiencing maltreatment can negatively affect children at any age, but the implications for infants and toddlers are especially severe. Abuse and neglect during early developmental stages can permanently alter brain functioning, which has lasting effects into adulthood. Effective prevention and intervention approaches are critical to averting such harm.

Infants and toddlers are twice as likely as older children to enter foster care. In the last 10 years, the rate of foster care entries for infants and toddlers has far exceeded the rate for older children and has driven the overall increase in foster care entry rates. In FY 2017, the rate was more than double, with 6.6 per 1,000 children ages 3 and younger entering foster care, compared to 2.8 for ages 4 to 17.

https://www.childtrends.org/infants-and-toddlers-are-more-likely-than-older-children-to-enter-foster-care-because-of-neglect-and-parental-drug-abuse
Yeah. I’d rather have a pair of scissors separating my brain stem or have forceps or pliers pulling my jaw off or other forms of murder upon my innocent body while in the most secure and peaceful place I could ever know while living as opposed to mistreatment in a foster home...

Offline ironglows

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 02:49:59 PM »

Yeah. I’d rather have a pair of scissors separating my brain stem or have forceps or pliers pulling my jaw off or other forms of murder upon my innocent body while in the most secure and peaceful place I could ever know while living as opposed to mistreatment in a foster home...

Point well stated..
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 03:16:01 PM »
Bravo.

Luke Chapter 17 verse 2. It were better for him to have a millstone hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Bob, your considerably off center on your logic again, but I'm sure you can conjure up an excuse for it.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 04:14:37 PM »
An excuse is not necessary, nor will ever be offered just as there is no excuse for cheap talk about abortions when the misery thousands of children have gone through would not have happened if their mother had not dropped then in misery.
An unborn child is not a little one; to make it into one,  makes man the one who controls souls not God.

As I said many times before; if a stopping a fetus from being born is killing a child, at any stage,  then God kills millions via spontaneous abortions.

Third term abortions and really second term, is a different story but the boys here are blind to any difference, because they are so much better than women who realize they cannot raise a child. (Although from first hand experience, this often does not happen till they have a herd of bastard children already.)

And for a fact, not what some one else told me, some do it as mo children, mo money.
As Jesus said of Judas, it would have been better had he never been born.

King James Bible
The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

Same for children born into a life of misery.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 04:49:50 PM »

This does not happen in first term abortions but hey, you don't like to differentiate as that spoils your holier than thou stance.
Truth hurts, your kind of thought.

A medical abortion is performed through taking two medications in pill-form: mifepristone (Mifeprex) and misoprostol (Cytotec). These two drugs work together to end a pregnancy.
You can use this method until your 10th week of pregnancy.
-------------------------------------
Methotrexate and misoprostol (MTX) is an abortion method you can use in your first 7 weeks of pregnancy.

Methotrexate is a cancer drug. Just as it stops cancer cells from multiplying, it stops cells in the embryo from multiplying. Misoprostol then contracts the uterus to release its contents.

This method takes longer than mifepristone and misoprostol, and it’s rarely used for planned abortions. Doctors mainly use it for women who have a pregnancy outside their uterus, an ectopic pregnancy. An ectopic pregnancy can be life-threatening if it continues.
---------------------------------------
Vacuum aspiration is done during the first trimester (first 12 weeks) or early second trimester (12 to 16 weeks) of pregnancy. It’s also called suction aspiration.

Some people choose vacuum aspiration as the main method for having an abortion. Others need it after a medical abortion fails to end their pregnancy.

--------------------------------------

But hey, men blame the women , especially if they cause the unwanted pregnancy, but talk is cheap and blaming the women is as cheap as it gets when they abandon them so they can go screw some other women who has no child baggage.

Offline Dee

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 05:40:34 PM »
An excuse is not necessary, nor will ever be offered just as there is no excuse for cheap talk about abortions when the misery thousands of children have gone through would not have happened if their mother had not dropped then in misery.
An unborn child is not a little one; to make it into one,  makes man the one who controls souls not God.

As I said many times before; if a stopping a fetus from being born is killing a child, at any stage,  then God kills millions via spontaneous abortions.

Same for children born into a life of misery.

Isaiah Chapter 44 verse 2.
I seriously doubt you've seen any more misery than I have, but the abortion doctor is no less cruel than the street.
So you've justified (excused) in your mind that abortion is ok.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2021, 04:39:51 AM »
There are (safe haven laws) protecting mothers from prosecution for abandoning there babies. Also known as baby moses laws. I encourage young mothers look into these instead of being pressured into abortion. Women can leave there babies at churches or hospitals even police stations without giving there name or ID. I think it is important that girls and women are informed about this alternative instead of being brow beaten or talked into a bad decision that (will) haunt them the rest of there lives...

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2021, 06:14:15 AM »
There are (safe haven laws) protecting mothers from prosecution for abandoning there babies. Also known as baby moses laws. I encourage young mothers look into these instead of being pressured into abortion. Women can leave there babies at churches or hospitals even police stations without giving there name or ID. I think it is important that girls and women are informed about this alternative instead of being brow beaten or talked into a bad decision that (will) haunt them the rest of there lives...
Yeah, planned parenthood pushes the butchering route because they can't harvest organs from babies who are allowed to live.
The above scenarios go like this.
Mother leaves baby
Judge severs parental rights after nobody answers ad in newspaper. (father)
Judge assigns an agency to place the baby with an adoptive family.

My wife and I tried for 14 years to adopt in Ga. with no luck.
We finally found an agency in Abilene Texas where we adopted a Mexican baby girl.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglows

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2021, 08:10:23 AM »
Like her or not,and I don't agree with much of what she has to say.  For instance, she calls herself a "woman of color", which makes me wonder..."what color?"... since she looks much likea number of my white friends..  Bt it sure is comical to see her destroy the mouth..Joy Behar.   (7+ minute video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUTChYKCTeo

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2021, 08:20:13 AM »
Like her or not,and I don't agree with much of what she has to say.  For instance, she calls herself a "woman of color", which makes me wonder..."what color?"... since she looks much likea number of my white friends..  Bt it sure is comical to see her destroy the mouth..Joy Behar.   (7+ minute video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUTChYKCTeo
Heh, yep, anytime a democrat makes other democrats look stupid is a win for our side.
Too bad that she has such radical stances on abortion and health care.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2021, 08:22:05 AM »
Tulsi Gabbard is a "democrat". Wanna know what she stands for? Look up "Democrats". Itll tell you all you need to know.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2021, 04:34:45 PM »
Bob;   ...The idea that since some children are born into bad circumstances, allows for the slaughter of these innocents, is a bit off-center (IMO)!  If that is the case, perhaps we should go to the well known shothole countries and slaughter them by the scores, since their entire life is likely to be sub standard..

Much preferable to killing , is to get people to learn to be responsible.  Nationally, commercials are run on TV, explaining the dangers of smoking..it would seem just as easy for a commercial now and then, explaining that such an act is killing.
  Surely, scripture makes it clear that  the child is known to and by God .... He says in Jeremiah 1:5..
  "
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

In your earlier post you said.."An unborn child is not a little one; to make it into one,  makes man the one who controls souls not God.

Isn't that position made untenable, by it's contradictory nature?  Of course, there is no way we play God..we are only trying to follow His teachings..concerning protecting lives and preventing suffering (being ripped apart, obviously is a form of suffering
   Then you talk about spontaneous abortions, which you allege is God produced.  Well if that is so in some cases, that is God's right..NOT OURS !

I don't blame the woman alone for such infant deaths. Indeed the man(?) who brings about such a killing , is  usually far more culpable than the woman!... And cowardly, to boot !

The tragic part is that some Christian(?) churches, make provision to allow for such a blood fest!