Author Topic: China-made 2021 Buick Envision unveiled and on sale  (Read 481 times)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
China-made 2021 Buick Envision unveiled and on sale
« on: January 25, 2021, 04:28:47 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/china-2021-buick-envision

Compact SUV fully redesigned for 2021

By Gary Gastelu | Fox News

Buick has unveiled the second-generation of its China-made Envision compact SUV.

(Buick)

The 2021 Envision is already on sale at a base price of $32,995. The all-new vehicle features a design that is both sleeker and more muscular than the previous edition, and can now be ordered in Buick’s high-end Avenir trim, which starts at $43,195.

The five-passenger utility vehicle is powered by a 228 hp 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder and offered in front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive versions.

(Buick)

It comes standard with a package of driver aids with automatic emergency brakes and lane-keeping assist, while adaptive cruise control a head-up display and a computer-controlled active suspension system are available.

The Envision gets Buick’s latest infotainment system, with a 10.2-inch display and Alexa, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration.

Premium features offered across the lineup include a wireless charging pad, 360-degree parking camera and a heated driver seat with a massage function.

The Buick Enclave is being updated for 2022. (Buick)

Buick has also previewed the 2022 Enclave with exterior images of the updated three-row SUV, but won't be releasing details until closer to when it goes on sale later this year.

Gary Gastelu is FoxNews.com's Automotive Editor covering the car industry and racing. Follow @foxnewsautos

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: China-made 2021 Buick Envision unveiled and on sale
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 05:06:55 AM »
  I guess it should be dirt cheap.... that is, if you want it !
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 06:03:10 AM »
You can thank those auto industry bail outs from several years back. GM spent the money the government gave them to invest in the plant in China that is making these.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 09:06:36 AM »
I would suggest a total boycott of GM products.
We still have Ford, Dodge, and now Toyota who are sort of made in the USA.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline ironglows

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 03:00:04 PM »
I would suggest a total boycott of GM products.
We still have Ford, Dodge, and now Toyota who are sort of made in the USA.

Actually, I would like to see an ABC attitude !  That is......'Anybody But China', it seems to be them against the world, since it appears they knowingly exported their manufactured virus to all the rest of the world!
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 04:00:42 PM »
Not surprised at all here.
I look for many companies that
returned to the continental US
in the last four years to abandon
ship and go back overseas, only
this time they won't be lured back.
I don't blame them. If I can't turn
a profit from my investment, I
wouldn't invest anywhere that
would cut deeply into my profits
with excessive regulation and
wild employee demands.
90 % of the citizenry will buy
whatever they can get the cheapest
anyway, and don't care anything
about loyalty to a US company

Those days are now gone
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline 30calflash

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 07:50:49 AM »
 I don't think those days are gone forever, just delayed a while. Certain generations of folks find something they like/dislike and don't waver in their loyalty once a good product is found. Look at the number of people who own Japanese vehicles since the junk Detroit sold in the early to mid 80's. Yes now American made are very good but they lost a generation of people that won't look back.

A friends wife leased a Buick SUV made in China, could be this ones predecessor. He was ticked she leased it and then months later found out it was hecho in China. Once that was realized he wasn't so ticked about the lease.

It was ok for the 1st couple years but things did start to act up before the lease expired.

She went out and acquired another SUV, purchased, not made in China. Left the Chinese Buick in the garage to not go over on the mileage and drove the new one, which is liked better.

GM is making lots of $$ with the imported brand, but it needs to be good for people to return.
Hold still while I overthink this.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 11:37:55 PM »
bought the wife a 2010 buick verono new. Found out shortly after it was made by opel. sold it before i had it for a year. i dont do germany and dont do japan. They killed to many americans. maybe im a hypocrite for holding it against them like southerners do against the north but there it is. Then im SURELY not considering some car that is produced in china russia or korea. They should be banned from being able to import them.
blue lives matter

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 03:31:34 AM »
Don't forget Mexico, who has always stabbed us in the back. Brazil? Maybe if they can ever get thier act together. I'm surprised that the China junk isn't all electric.