Author Topic: Why is this forum.  (Read 298 times)

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
Why is this forum.
« on: January 30, 2021, 12:51:58 PM »
Always so negitive?  Ok here it goes.

Offline Bob Riebe

Re: Why is this forum.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 01:07:52 PM »
It is a place a some people vent frustration.
With few exceptions that includes most of us.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 01:14:54 PM »
I think if reflects the current state of affairs....
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 01:21:07 PM »
It is a place a some people vent frustration.
With few exceptions include most of us.

Yes that is basically it.  Its also used to pass on information going on with our government that others might not know about.  Its also one of the few places where the truth is spoken most of the time, and often I hope that someone that has been saturated with lies reads posts here and ends up with a different opinion. Might not happen often, but I bet it happens.  Especially right now there is nothing good going on in our government so the negativity is expected. Especially since this is a political forum.  Right now in our government is there really anything to be positive about???

IN mentioning changing peoples minds. I worked with a guy not directly, but in the same area. In our control building the one crew on night shift that was leaving would have Jim Quinn radio show on, which was a very conservative talk show. It was called the war room.  This guy that would stop over into the control building every day would complain about the conservative radio show. In other words he was a stanch liberal. After a couple years with a few of us talking to him, he became a conservative, who ended up really liking the Jim Quinn show.   So yes sometimes people hearing the truth can have their mind changed.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 01:41:18 PM »
Politics and religion are always gonna be argumentative because of different opinions on beliefs, and or, the problem, or solution.

The problem some have, is getting over the disagreements, instead of holding onto'em.
You just have to move on to the next discussion instead of fuming for the next decade.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline VA Rifleman

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 03:45:57 AM »
I think if reflects the current state of affairs....

VC reflects my thinking. Understatement to say, there’s a absence of good news lately.

Appreciate the decrease in blue on blue engagements as compared to TOS.

If this site supported pics from a iPhone, I’d post pics of black angus in the VA snow.
Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.