Author Topic: New gun control bill  (Read 387 times)

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
New gun control bill
« on: February 06, 2021, 02:47:22 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gun-control-rep-sheila-jackson-lee-national-firearm-registry-licensing

Hopefully, it won't get very far, but this bill seems extreme to me.
Registration, Licensing, physiological testing of not just the purchaser but also the people who live in the same household.   

Texas Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee has proposed a gun control bill that would create a national firearm registry, set a minimum gun ownership age at 21 and both require licensing and psychological evaluations.

The proposed Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act would make it a crime to possess a firearm or ammunition without the new license or sell one to someone who doesn’t have the license.

It also requires gun owners to pay for insurance and bans ammunition of .50 caliber or greater, except for law enforcement and a limited range of security personnel.

Gun owners would also have to complete a government training course, have a clean record and register their firearms with the federal government. Registry information would be available to law enforcement from the local to the federal level as well as the U.S. military.

The display of an antique firearm in one’s home would require a federal firearms license and an additional license under the proposed law.

There would also be a license for "military-style weapons," which the bill defines as a broad range of semiautomatic rifles and handguns as well as some shotguns.

Anyone who has ever been hospitalized due to mental illness, drug or alcohol abuse, homicidal or suicidal thoughts or a brain disease would not be eligible to obtain a firearms license.

The psychological evaluation process would also take into account the psychological condition of other members of the licensee’s household, current and former spouses, relatives and associates.

The full text of the bill is available here.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: New gun control bill
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 03:06:31 AM »
"The psychological evaluation process would also take into account the psychological condition of other members of the licensee’s household, current and former spouses, relatives and associates."

I got custody of my 3 kids in my divorce because my ex wife was a substance abuser. Now my 2nd Amendment rights depend on my ex wife's testimony?
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline DDZ

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 06:47:54 AM »
A buddy of mine was in a divorce, and his wife said she was afraid of him because he had lots of guns. the sheriffs department came and took all his guns. He did end up getting them back, but it is sad that your guns can be taken away because of what some nutty ex wife says.

Look for every anti gun bill written now to be extreme.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 09:14:09 AM »
A buddy of mine was in a divorce, and his wife said she was afraid of him because he had lots of guns. the sheriffs department came and took all his guns. He did end up getting them back, but it is sad that your guns can be taken away because of what some nutty ex wife says.

A friend of mine's ex wife went for years filing a restraining order against him intentionally just before hunting season so that his guns would be taken away for the season. She knew how much he love to hunt so she did it for spite.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 02:41:14 PM »
My wife is just as bad as i am lol. So are her buddies, and there husbands.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 12:54:52 PM »

A friend of mine's ex wife went for years filing a restraining order against him intentionally just before hunting season so that his guns would be taken away for the season. She knew how much he love to hunt so she did it for spite.

Shame on him for putting up with her. The fact that he was still with her after the first fiasco, say's a lot.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 02:12:27 PM »

Shame on him for putting up with her. The fact that he was still with her after the first fiasco, say's a lot.

You missed the "ex wife" part. She did this to him after they got divorced.