Author Topic: Republicans are suddenly very in favor of a third political party  (Read 604 times)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-suddenly-very-favor-third-160723112.html

Republicans are suddenly very in favor of a third political party, according to Gallup

Support for a third major political party is higher than ever in the U.S., according to a new Gallup poll. Sixty-two percent of those polled say the Democratic and Republican parties "do such a poor job representing the American people that a third party is needed."

Support for a third party has grown most dramatically in recent months among the GOP, rising from just 40 percent last September to 63 percent today.

Donald Trump
Jessica Hullinger
Mon, February 15, 2021, 11:07 AM

More content below

Donald Trump

Support for a third major political party is higher than ever in the U.S., according to a new Gallup poll. Sixty-two percent of those polled say the Democratic and Republican parties "do such a poor job representing the American people that a third party is needed."

Support for a third party has grown most dramatically in recent months among the GOP, rising from just 40 percent last September to 63 percent today.

On its face, this might seem like good news for those anti-Trump Republicans who are reportedly mulling the idea of assembling a "center-right breakaway party" in an attempt to wrest America's conservatives from the grips of former President Donald Trump. Alas, it's not a more moderate party that America's disaffected voters want. "More Republicans want the party to move to the right than to the center," Gallup's Jeffrey M. Jones writes.

- ADVERTISEMENT -
The idea of an anti-Trump faction was hastily rejected by a number of party leaders who fear that splitting the GOP would risk paving the way for Democrats to make inroads. Instead they're hoping to "reform the party from within," according to Reuters.

Republican strategist Alex Conant told Reuters recently that any new political movement would fizzle without a charismatic leader. He added: "If somebody was going to start a third party that was going to gain some traction, it would be Trump."

The Gallup survey polled 906 adults between Jan. 21 and Feb. 2. Its margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points. Read its full results here.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Republicans are suddenly very in favor of a third political party
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 07:43:10 AM »
I am not sure we should stop at 3.  None of the parties, Democrat, Republican, and "Trump"; really suit my taste.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 08:23:19 AM »
I can understand the desire for a third party.
But it would guarantee democ-rat victories for decades.

Besides, it may be too late to even bother with elections now that the radical left is in charge.
They stole this one and it’ll be even easier to steal them in the future .
I expect to see something similar to the USSR.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 10:38:34 AM »
WOW, they talked to 906 people and now know what the other 300 million PLUS folks want to happen.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 11:01:41 AM »
No matter what we do, unless we find a concrete way to keep elections HONEST...we are just P_ _ _ing into the wind !
  At present, the way I see it, if we can be sure elections are honest , secure and without all the mail-in scams in operation, we should win the next elections, hands down..3rd party or not.
  I look at it this way..
  1) No third party.....after the next two disastrous years transpire, there will be many more independents and moderate Dems, ready to back Trump or someone in his pattern.  Along with the 75 million in his corner already..many more will be added.

2)  Third party..... Many Reps will come over to 3rd party immediately, those who don't, will vote for the new, and dominant Patriot Party and it's candidate..where else would they go?  The new party will be attractive to Dems who are tired of the Democrats, but are still not interested in becoming Republicans.  After the next two years, few independents will be voting for the Biden crap..they are called independents, because they like to think independently, and not be TOLD what they must think !

Again however, If we cannot get honest elections..it is all over, just following the example of the Soviet Union, 1930s Germany and today's north Korea !
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 11:10:09 AM »
I say. We have an unelected turd in office who needs to be shown the door...

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 11:42:52 AM »
A "Third Party"  (Ross Perot)  is what got Clinton Elected....

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2021, 11:54:26 AM »
Bingo, I  would not doubt it is the Rinos that are pushing because they are not treated like royalty any more.
They are pissed because their liberal  butt buddies are being stepped on.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2021, 11:54:29 AM »

Because his candidacy did not attract enough independents or moderate Democrats. today things are far different, we already have a highly favored candidate who has proven his worth.  After 2 years of communism, any reasonably bright person will be ready, no matter their former affiliation.
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 12:22:59 PM »
Because his candidacy did not attract enough independents or moderate Democrats. today things are far different, we already have a highly favored candidate who has proven his worth.  After 2 years of communism, any reasonably bright person will be ready, no matter their former affiliation.
Remember we are speaking of the Republican voters general populace; this country is not is sad shape it is because of their brilliance at the polls. :o

Common sense stopped being a virtue decades ago; now it is just another form of me, me, me, me....

Offline wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2021, 01:07:27 PM »
Reforming the repub party will have to take place on a ground roots level starting with local then state then federal levels and it would take a lot of effort but it's doable. Just depends on how dedicated and motivated those that feel cheated really are.

wtxbadger

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 01:39:26 PM »
Reforming the repub party will have to take place on a ground roots level starting with local then state then federal levels and it would take a lot of effort but it's doable. Just depends on how dedicated and motivated those that feel cheated really are.

Except...There will never be an Honest Election in this Country ever again..

As long as the democrats are in control...they will never lose...

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 01:58:58 PM »
   It sounds enticing ,  But the party would be better off if it  replaced the RINOs . They have shown us who they are .  A third party would be like burning your house down just to get rid of the rats .

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2021, 02:09:47 PM »
I can understand the desire for a third party.
But it would guarantee democ-rat victories for decades.

Besides, it may be too late to even bother with elections now that the radical left is in charge.
They stole this one and it’ll be even easier to steal them in the future .
I expect to see something similar to the USSR.
True ,   Look at the millions of new voters lined up at the border . They want to turn Texas blue .

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2021, 02:28:48 PM »
   It sounds enticing ,  But the party would be better off if it  replaced the RINOs . They have shown us who they are .  A third party would be like burning your house down just to get rid of the rats .

How do you replace RINOs when Republican voters have proven time and time again they are willing to hold their noses and vote for a steaming pile of dung for the simple reason that they're not a Democrat? Mitt Obamney is living proof of that. The Republican party is beyond hope at this point.

As has been mentioned, this is all pissing in the wind now that the Democrat party is counting the votes. Unless that changes welcome to the United Soviet States of America. We have a problem on our hands that can no longer be solved at the ballot box.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2021, 02:37:54 PM »
The problem is Democrats, regardless of infighting, stick together to win, no matter if they loathe the person they are supporting.
Unless every person who voted Republican switches, it is a fools folly, handing the election to the Democrats.
Liberals are monogamous sticking to -- the enemy of my enemy is my friend -- so no matter what they think of opponents in the party, even if it means eating shite, they will stick together.

News headline, regardless of truth are full of the splitting of the Republican Party; if enough people read that and believe it, the asinine -- I did not vote because it was a waste of time will spread like cancer.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2021, 02:55:51 PM »

How do you replace RINOs when Republican voters have proven time and time again they are willing to hold their noses and vote for a steaming pile of dung for the simple reason that they're not a Democrat? Mitt Obamney is living proof of that. The Republican party is beyond hope at this point.

As has been mentioned, this is all pissing in the wind now that the Democrat party is counting the votes. Unless that changes welcome to the United Soviet States of America. We have a problem on our hands that can no longer be solved at the ballot box.
Cartridge box??
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglows

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2021, 11:30:35 PM »
Those who prefer to stay with the Republican party, can vote as they wish.  So, what will happen then?  As I see it the conservative Republicans will vote for the same candidate the Patriot* party sponsors, while the Rinos will vote for their chosen Democrat substitute candidate.
  I left the Republican party years ago, for the same reasons that I left the democrat party decades before..they welcomed in jerks who never had intentions to serve anyone but themselves !

I would hope that any true conservatives in the Republican party would be capable of figuring out which candidate offered, is worth consideration.

*I refer to such a third party as Patriot party, only for convenience in posting.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 02:10:46 AM »

Cartridge box??

Either that or politely ask the Democrats if they'll stop cheating and hope for the best. The GOP has already proven they don't care if the Dems cheat.